Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,873,077 times

Advertisements

Morning all-maybe Jeannie's busy with school or getting needed rest.

Dark, gloomy day but we dodged the tornado bullet that hit the cities.

Breakfast was normal yog/fruit.
Lunch-not sure
Dinner-planning on a "Cheers" trip.

YLisa-I am humbled hon-but I was so miserable, depressed and on a pity-party and had to take back my life. Big plus-no more meds and I feel awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,430,297 times
Good morning ladies.

Judi- You have accomplished so much. So glad you are off all meds. I have to take thyroid medication and that's one I don't want to mess with. How is Mr. L?

Coffee right now and oatmeal with honey in a bit. I was told by my Doctor if you eat a teaspoon of local honey each day it will help with allergies. So far so good or maybe my allergies just aren't bothering me right now, lol.

Oven breaded and baked zucchini for lunch today.

Dinner will be tomatoes, green beans, and something else, lol.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,449,958 times
Good Morning to you too! Haven't been around much the last couple of weeks. Have been trying to curb my cd addiction and have found I do accomplish much more, and I do have alot to do.
Lacey, So glad to hear you are no longer poppin' meds! I am so leary of all the drs and their pill pads, just hate taking anything other than my excedrin and that is not good either.

Lisa, Are you a veggin? Just noticed you eat a lot of veggies, don't remember you posting about a burger or steak, lol. I am sorry to see our veggy fields being plowed under here, the garden across the road is my favorite spot to "shop"!

No longer am I trying to plan my meals and am back to just eating "whatever" when the urge hits. I am horrible when it comes to eating. Have to say though that I am down 20 lbs now and feeling better. Think the last time here I was at 13 lbs. Still going to attempt to loose afew more, hopefully. My closet is now filled with clothes that do not fit but I am making due until I get where I want to be. Refuse to buy any thing except tops, since "those" things never lose weight!

Hope you all have a great day!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:41 AM

72,440 posts, read 18,216,305 times
What a great crowd we have here! Good morning Judi,Lisa,painter,Great seeing you here!

Great to hear you are off all meds Judi!

Jeannie must be pretty busy with the kids,what a wonderful happy family all around!

Wheat toast,eggs and sesame sprinkes on it and some coffee

Old 08-20-2009, 08:57 AM

Hi Lisa,Painter,Izzy-cinnamon and honey together supposedly work wonders.

Lisa I will know for sure tomorrow as I took myself off cholesterol meds over a month ago-blood work and doc tomorrow morning.

Sweatshirt/jeans weather here.

Lunch may be tomato soup or 1% cottage cheese and salad.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,549,136 times
Good morning ladies...looks like I made it in time!! It's good to be here!

Yesterday when my dh and I went to the Mexican restaurant I managed to keep the tortill chips down to just 8...that's 2 WW points!

This morning I'll have 1/2 of a Yoplait Yogurt with a little granola sprinkled on top...I already had my coffee. Actually, I had my French Vanilla Creamer with a little coffee...this is a big problem for me...and it's why I only drink one cup a day! I've tried cutting back on the creamer, but, then I don't like the taste all that much!

NCN...I'm sorry about the mix-up and thinking you and Lacey were related! I read her post yesterday that said...NCN Mr. L's mom made some awesome mashed potatoes.......I thought she meant that you were Mr. L's mom!!

Lacey...I know what you mean about meds...I hate taking pills. I take meds for High Blood Pressure, but even that has been lowered since I've lost weight. I'd like to get off of them completely someday if possible. Good for you! I know you said you didn't diet, but that it was more of a life style change. How did you do it, because you most certainly are and inspiration! And good luck on your cholesterol blood work tomorrow!

Lisa...how did those brownies turn out? Wish I had some of your veggies from your garden!

Izzy...thanks for the welcome!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Carmac if I knew where it came from I'd bottle it!!! I had reached a breaking point and was so very angry at myself, at life-and that was due to the weight I had put on. I really miss nothing-but when we go home to NJ I do enjoy pizza,pork roll, seafood and good Chinese.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,430,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Good Morning to you too! Haven't been around much the last couple of weeks. Have been trying to curb my cd addiction and have found I do accomplish much more, and I do have alot to do.
Lisa, Are you a veggin? Just noticed you eat a lot of veggies, don't remember you posting about a burger or steak, lol. I am sorry to see our veggy fields being plowed under here, the garden across the road is my favorite spot to "shop"!

. Have to say though that I am down 20 lbs now and feeling better. Think the last time here I was at 13 lbs. Still going to attempt to loose afew more, hopefully.
I know all about CD addiction. Every once in awhile I have to stop chatting so much. Right now I am waiting for the rain to pass so I can go back out and finish painting the downspouts for the gutters.

No I am not a veggin although I didn't eat meat for a year when I was a teenager and drove my mother crazy, lol. I love veggies and since I have my first garden this year I just can't bear to waste or throw anything out. I guess you could call me a summer vegetarian. I do love a good steak and cheeseburgers but I rarely eat them.

Woo hoo. Cograts on your 20 pound weight loss. That is awesome.

Lacey- Good luck tomorrow with your Dr.'s appt.

Carmac- The Zucchini brownies were ok. They were nothing like real brownies. I just got a recipe for Zucchini pie so I will try that next time but it is not low cal, lol.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,665,805 times
Good evening. Spent the day in the doctor's office. They worked me in and x-rayed my foot. Foot is not broken, but little toe is. No cast needed, but I am supposed to wrap it with an ace bandage. I am exhausted and going to bed early for me.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,549,136 times
Glad you got your foot checked out NCN and that it isn't broken...sleep well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals