Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies and friends. Surgery has been postponed as of 5PM last night as the surgeon, our doc and anesthesiologist conferenced and want us to see a cardio doc today if they can squeeze us in due to a slight abnormality of the stress test. He was very furious last night but I finally reasoned with him by "better safe than dead."

So in essence not a great day.

Breakfast-yog/fruit

Lunch-not sure.

Dinner-thinking out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Hi Judi. So sorry to hear about the postponement. I can understand Mr. L. He surely wants to have it over and one with. But you're right better safe!

No dinner for me yesterday but a small chocolate pudding w/ vanilla sauce.

Breakfast: 2 slices of white wheat toast w/ egg salad
Lunch: maccaroni, tomatoe sauce 2 slices of fried sausage
Snack: 1 table spoon of vanilla ice cream

I have to by wood for our guest room floor today. DH and my dad have to renew the floor tomorrow so I can buy new shelves for our DVD collection.

Tonight I'll meet a friend from school. Basically she lives over the street but we don't see each other at all. So we have to make an appointment. Tonight we'll go to our Chinese restaurant to chat, maybe I'll have a small dinner there.

Have a great Thursday!

Old 01-28-2010, 07:39 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Good moning Lacey,Judy and the rest of the good folks here.
Lacey,sorry to hear about the news,but it's better to deal with it. sending good karma your way.
Diana, have fun wtih your friend. It's always great to meet them. I always look forward to those meetings
Woke up early,going to a breakfast meeting but having my own soymilk and oatmeal breakfast.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Morning ladies.....Hope your day is off to a great one!

Sorry to hear Mr. L has to have his surgery postponed....men are an impaitent lot!

Dh made me blueberry muffins this morning so I had one with my coffee!!!

Last night I had fresh green butterbeans, a roast w/carrots, potatoes, and onions.....well, I cooked this but ended up eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!!!!

I am taking the left over roast and making stew for tonight!

Hope you all have a fantastic day today....

Old 01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Angel, that peanut butter sandwich or the blueberry muffin certainly has you in a good mood. I am getting my days and nights mixed up again and I have been on another thread helping a retiring couple adjust to North Carolina. I am really a little jealous of them. They are moving to Sylva. That would be a great place to live, in my opinion.

Judi, better safe than dead is certainly best. Glad to see Mr. L getting good if also irritating medical care.

Brunch: I measured out my two cups of 1% milk for the day.
Orange
2 slices maple bacon
2 slices whitewheat
1 small tomato
Coffee

I am invited to a bridal shower Sunday afternoon about 125 miles from here, so in case the weather changes and I get to go, I need to shop today. We are expecting snow and ice Friday and Saturday. They are in the mountains and are expecting even more than we are. I will enjoy the shopping trip and seeing what the bride has selected. My brother once pointed out to me that I am the one that moved away, so I get to do the traveling. Seems to me the wrong people are doing the traveling. The future bride teaches in Iredell County which is only about an hour from here. If the shower were in that area, no one from the mountains would come. Not one of them came to my daughters shower before her wedding and they barely made it to her wedding and one was a bridesmaid. Sorry, that sounds like complaining, doesn't it.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Hi all-back from cardio and hopefully surgery will be rescheduled.

Lunch was out and was beef noodle soup and a thin roast beef on wheat.

Dinner-after today COCKTAILS out and wings. My stress level was brutal since yesterday.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
NCN, stay safe on those icy streets! I hope you have fun at the bridal shower!

My dinner was very yummie. Had chicken w/ broccoli and mushrooms and rice and a little rice. The rest I'll have for lunch today.

FINALLY FRIDAY, YIPPIE!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:25 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Lunch was a cheese enchillad and some chips,iced tea

I made some soup for the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals