Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:48 PM

885 posts, read 1,553,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Yes.
It seems to me that the OP is mainly interested in dating latin women. He just throw "black women" in there to make it less controversial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,430 times
Winter2010 sure comes off like a troll

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 09-19-2010 at 06:50 PM..

Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM

871 posts, read 2,690,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I would think any man with a job like that, some drive, and a good head on his shoulders would have no trouble dating from any race of his choice.
I disagree with this statement. Problem is when you say, "race of his choice." If I was single tomorrow, I would be someone with a similar job, tons of drive/ambition, and a good head on my shoulders. But yet many personals I see say they want white and/or hispanic and/or black only. Not asian (which includes Indian). You can see this easily on craigslist or match.com (match.com asks what ethnicities you will consider in a date, and many reply and limit it to white or white/black/hispanic. The ones from white women that do not are in the minority)

Craigslist ad example:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/w4m/1951822542.html (broken link)

Quote:
They say nice guys finish last. Apparently nice girls do too. I'm wanting a nice, honest man with no drama, no kids, no spouse, and no criminal record. That seems to be alot to ask these days, but I refuse to give up on finding this guy He has to exist somewhere. I don't have any of the aforementioned. I'm stable, have my own place and vehicle. I like to get out and have fun, but I'm also content just hanging around the house sometimes. I'm am a social drinker. I don't go to clubs, and I'm not interested in a man that frequents them. I'm a cute gal that's hwp. You don't have to be drop dead gorgeous or have a six pack. I'm old and smart enough to know what's really important in a man. I'm very family oriented, Christian, and loyal. I'm interested in black or white men only. Please be stable and independent.
Here is an example of a study done by OKCupid, a dating website. It's very interesting (Although I don't like splitting up Asian into Asian, Indian and Middle Eastern, but okay)

How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get « OkTrends

It says based on match, Indian men match up with white women 59% of the time. BUT the reply rate of white women to Indian men? 20%. It is the lowest percentage of any race that white women reply to, including "Middle Eastern." It also says that 54% of white women would strongly prefer to date someone of their own skin color/race.

This isn't the only study of its kind, just the one I can easily find with a quick search to show here. Just showing that just because you have a great job, drive, and a good head on your shoulders doesn't mean you can date from any race of your choice.

I know some of you will think this is BS since all of this research is based on online dating, but online dating allows people to state preferences. It's not like anybody wears a tag on their clothing when they are partying in Uptown saying what races they prefer or dislike. Online dating allows people to place those tags, and give us a good idea when people who are otherwise matches are not getting responses from, for example, white women, because they are not white or in another preferred race.

Here's another, more clinical:

http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/20...-dating/25693/

Quote:
“Among daters with stated racial preferences, white men are more likely to exclude blacks as possible dates, while white women are more likely to exclude Asians,” says the study by UCI sociologists Cynthia Feliciano and Belinda Robnett.
“We argue that exclusion related to racialized images of masculinity and femininity, and shapes dating and marriage outcomes, and thus minority groups’ possibilities for full social incorporation.”

Last edited by pappy97; 09-19-2010 at 06:52 PM..

Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 PM

8 posts, read 77,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
It seems to me that the OP is mainly interested in dating latin women. He just throw "black women" in there to make it less controversial.
Not at all; I apologize if it came off that way! I added latin women because I know that there is a large latin population in Dallas, and I was wondering what Latin sentiment is when it comes to dating African Americans.

As far as your first comment: I wasn't trying to brag about being Black and having a comfortable salary. I provided this information because I know that there is this sentiment amongst many Black women that professional Black men are not attracted/interested in Black women; this could not be further from the truth and I just wanted to indicate that I love Black women just as much as any other race of women.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlackMan View Post
Not at all; I apologize if it came off that way! I added latin women because I know that there is a large latin population in Dallas, and I was wondering what Latin sentiment is when it comes to dating African Americans.

As far as your first comment: I wasn't trying to brag about being Black and having a comfortable salary. I provided this information because I know that there is this sentiment amongst many Black women that professional Black men are not attracted/interested in Black women; this could not be further from the truth and I just wanted to indicate that I love Black women just as much as any other race of women.
Here is the thing. If you're a black professional who is interested in dating black women, as long as you're in a decent size city, you have PLENTY of black women who are deperately to date you.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Winter2010 sure comes off like a troll
Excuse me?!?! I am a Senior Member on this board.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM

377 posts, read 684,813 times
The young black man forgot to tell us how he looked, except that he is black. If you have big fat belly and a head to match, dress like they did in the seventies, have nasty breath and etc., you are going to find it difficult to know what lady likes you for you…

Another thing, you may have a problem with tones of black ladies throwing themselves at you. And they will do this regardless if they know you are married or in a relationship, once the rumor goes around on how much you make and what you do. Be careful…

Last edited by Swordfish; 09-19-2010 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-19-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Here is the thing. If you're a black professional who is interested in dating black women, as long as you're in a decent size city, you have PLENTY of black women who are deperately to date you.
And according to the OkCupid research, black women in online dating reply the most to messages from men of all races.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
And according to the OkCupid research, black women in online dating reply the most to messages from men of all races.
What's up with you and this online dating and its stats?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
What's up with you and this online dating and its stats?
It's just research I find interesting, and it relates to racial preferences in dating. The research in online dating, where many sites allow you state racial preferences, helps show trends as shown above in my previous long post about it. It's tough to get that data from regular dating (or attempts to date) because in-person a person may not tell another person that they are interested simply because of race, but they'll do it online and not bat an eyelash, especially white women according to the research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas