Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 06:20 PM

84 posts, read 242,670 times

Advertisements

My advice: don't go east of 75...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,393,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
My advice: don't go east of 75...
Why? There are nice areas in far east Plano. And a little farther east, there's Murphy, Wylie and Sachse... good schools and you'll get a little more space for your money.

The lots in west Plano seem small unless you buy something relatively expensive.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,951 times
Default Plano desirable relativity

Can anyone tell me if the area by Springcreek Parkway and Custer is decent. I'm a middle aged single woman with a couple small dogs and want a safe place to live. There's a cute little condo near there and I'm hearing that it is "below market" and might have a bad element. It seems that all of Plano is nice based on the high median income and "safest city" rating? I'm moving from Illinois very soon and would appreciate any quick reply.

Thanks!
Confused in the midwest

Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Some folks say the area around Hooters and Twin Peaks is less than desirable. Personally, ...

Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 AM

714 posts, read 2,933,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren1999 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the area by Springcreek Parkway and Custer is decent. I'm a middle aged single woman with a couple small dogs and want a safe place to live. There's a cute little condo near there and I'm hearing that it is "below market" and might have a bad element. It seems that all of Plano is nice based on the high median income and "safest city" rating? I'm moving from Illinois very soon and would appreciate any quick reply.

Thanks!
Confused in the midwest
I live a couple miles South of that between Park and Parker. Ours is a good area, we have lived in it for 20 years, and the only problem we had was a couple of small break-in with my truck parked in the driveway.

No city is 100% safe, Plano does have crime, but a lot of it is break-ins, etc, and not violent crimes.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:08 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
But of course one recent poster described it as 'laid back'...

Not if you have a set of these for your parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compSciGuy View Post
Some people may not like neighborhoods swarming with Asians who have above average academic expectations on their children ...

Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM

869 posts, read 2,955,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Some folks say the area around Hooters and Twin Peaks is less than desirable. Personally, ...

I'd take Pluckers over Hooters any day...but that's another discussion for another time...

Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 PM
dgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren1999 View Post

Thanks!
Confused in the midwest
I'm not sure what the condo community place is like there, but I lived in a house in that area for 12 years as a single person with 2 dogs. I used to take my dogs out for a walks at night and felt safe.

The only complaints I've ever heard about that area were with the Highpoint apartments across from the soccer field--but those are farther east on Alma.

The Spring Creek Custer intersection is close to a nice sized park near Schimelpfenig Library. There's also a good Thai restaurant there. And it's conveniently located near shopping and 75.

I moved from that area about a year ago--mainly because I was looking for more yard space and some place a little quieter... but I do miss the park.

If I was buying a condo, I'd want to know what my neighbors were like and what the noise level was like. Are most of the residents younger? Older? Perhaps you could visit the condos during the day and then at night... and walk around to get a better idea of the place.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 PM

112 posts, read 314,820 times
I live in 75023, in the neighborhood south of Spring Creek, in between Alma and Custer. No, we don't have huge expensive mansions like over on the west side. We may not have a lot of money, but we do have mature oak trees lining the streets, great schools, easy access to the Chisholm Trail and nice neighbors. The neighborhood may be ethnically diverse, but I like it that way. To each their own though!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
dgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbelle72 View Post
I live in 75023, in the neighborhood south of Spring Creek, in between Alma and Custer. No, we don't have huge expensive mansions like over on the west side. We may not have a lot of money, but we do have mature oak trees lining the streets, great schools, easy access to the Chisholm Trail and nice neighbors. The neighborhood may be ethnically diverse, but I like it that way. To each their own though!
I agree! When I lived in that area, my neighbors were really nice. And I miss the mature trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: