Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

these are the same people who are going to bring us a strike this year--
their oversight is pretty narrowly focused...to their own ends...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,890,390 times
We had friends in town from Pittsburg who went to he game AND had seats in the TEMP section...

This is what they had to say:

The line to get in was a nightmare! waiting in line ofr 3 hours. It got scary as people pushed and crowded and then when people were being turned away, some started to jump barriers. People were urnineating in line etc...The "mob mentality" got pretty scary ofr awhile. When they got to the security line the security officer just let them pass, he complined he had been there for 6 hours with no water etc..."just go on through before the mob starts trampling people!" They stated security was not a visable pressence.

The seats... they got in and had seats. BUT when they got there they were in the tunnel(?) area and could only see a small section of the field right in front of thier line of sight. could not see the jumbotron etc... they had small TV's overhead to watch the game etc...

Said it was a shame because the stadium itself was beautiful.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
We had friends in town from Pittsburg who went to he game AND had seats in the TEMP section...

This is what they had to say:

The line to get in was a nightmare! waiting in line ofr 3 hours. It got scary as people pushed and crowded and then when people were being turned away, some started to jump barriers. People were urnineating in line etc...The "mob mentality" got pretty scary ofr awhile. When they got to the security line the security officer just let them pass, he complined he had been there for 6 hours with no water etc..."just go on through before the mob starts trampling people!" They stated security was not a visable pressence.

The seats... they got in and had seats. BUT when they got there they were in the tunnel(?) area and could only see a small section of the field right in front of thier line of sight. could not see the jumbotron etc... they had small TV's overhead to watch the game etc...

Said it was a shame because the stadium itself was beautiful.
So it sounds like they were selling sightline obstructed seats. Not good.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Default Ticketgate Class Action Lawsuit

The NFL, the Dallas Cowboys, and Jerry Jones have been accused of breach of contract, fraud, and deceptive sales practices in a class-action lawsuit filed yesterday.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
I heard yesterday that the people that were injured in the falling ice were the contractors people that were installing those seats. His equipment got damaged as well in some of the falling ice.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
The NFL, the Dallas Cowboys, and Jerry Jones have been accused of breach of contract, fraud, and deceptive sales practices in a class-action lawsuit filed yesterday.
Rightfully so.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 PM

155 posts, read 502,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
I actually went to the game and had a very different experience. Maybe it was my timing or my entry point (red zone - B, C, D)

Pretty much everything from the drive, parking and entry went very smooth. I left my house in Coppell at 3:00 and pulled into my parking space at 3:30. The walk took a little bit of time, but I had no waiting. Just a constant flow of people moving through the barricades.

And they had plenty of folks running metal detectors and patting people down. Overall it seemed to flow pretty good given the volume of people. And much easier than some of the TSA lines I've been in at various airports.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Rightfully so.
I can understand the NFL and Jerry, but what do the Dallas Cowboys have to do with this?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:59 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
Maybe you can exclude the Cowboys, but they are owned by Jerry Jones.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Maybe you can exclude the Cowboys, but they are owned by Jerry Jones.
You would have to exclude the Cowboys. It would be like me suing you but also suing your car just because you own it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas