Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 AM
JLJ JLJ started this thread

9 posts, read 35,860 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are heavily tattooed, we dont really dress up, we are looking for a good come as you are non denominational church with chill people who believe Jesus is really for everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 10:42 AM

709 posts, read 3,474,413 times
Many of the Methodist churches are accepting of all and offer some non-traditional type of church services. You can search the web and find what the churches have to offer. In the Methodist church you have traditional, contemporary styles. A lot of the churches are offering both services in one day. Goodluck in finding the church for you. Most of the churches also have people dressed from jeans to church clothes. You'll rarely find a church that doesn't allow jeans.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:32 PM

80 posts, read 248,088 times
Calvary Chapel is based on the bible as Gods word but was created out of the "come as you are" 60's beach lifestyle of So CA

Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 AM

150 posts, read 858,039 times
Don't know how you feel about driving into McKinney, but McKinney Fellowship Bible Church offers 4 different services at 3 different times. The Live service is held in the main worship center at 8:30a, 10:00a and 11:30a and offers contemporary Christian music. Tradition is more "old fashioned" with classic hymns and Revolution is a more rocking music. And there is a Hispanic service for our non-English speaking members. Of the 3 Live services, the 11:30 is probably a little more laid back. Come as you are dress can range from dockers to cut off jeans. The only people in ties are usually visitors. We have a few members with multiple piercings and tats. While the general population can be described as "yuppie families" no one seems to care what you look like or who you're with. And yes, our teachings are that Christ is for everyone. I would be happy to tell you more if you want to PM me and I'd be happy to meet you there and sit with you if you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: