Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,286 times

Advertisements

I have been in my Vision Home for over five years now. Is it perfect? No. Would I buy here again. No. But not necessarily because of the foundation issues many have experienced.

The issues with foundations and streets relates directly to the soils conditions in the community. Unfortunately, the soils are quite challenging, and when developed, the lots along any green belt (read that as creek areas) were raised to the proper grade with a substantial amount of fill dirt. My experience in walking the community is that the homes in these locations are experiencing the most foundation issues. I say that without being able to substantiate that as fact, but only based upon my observations walking and driving throughout the community.

In addition to quality-related issues, many former homeowners (read as foreclosed loans) purchased more than they could afford or were not fully aware of the mortgage program utilized to qualify them. No doubt, there were some extremely questionable practices by the mortgage companies, but at what point do the individuals who agreed to the terms take responsibility for their own actions? And yes, some people walked away from their homes with foundation issues further adding to the number of foreclosures.

I purchased in Savannah because of the architectural style, the amenities, and the hope that development would reach us to provide the conveniences that we still do not have close at hand. The lack of development closer to our community is a reflection of the economy. No one could predict this. That being said, I would not purchase here again due to this reality.

I would like to ask anyone living in Savannah to take ownership of your own situation......mow your yards, paint your houses when needed, park your cars in your garage, control your children, get involved with the HOA. The only way that we can protect what investment value we have is to create the hometown community we all envisioned when we purchased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisecoco View Post
NO, not half submerged. That would be untruthful, but they might as well be submerged. The streets are sinking or rising in some places and not in others. Go see Cotton Exchange, and then come back and post your honest opinion.

Go talk to all the people on Cobblestone court about their broken foundations and then post your opinion.

Go talk to all the people on stone ridge about their foundation problems and then post.

Come to our meeting at the clubhouse 6:30pm on Tuesdays and hear other Savannah home owners tell their horror stories.
I live on Spanish Moss, when the next heavy ran comes, I want you drive down our steet you better drive a 4X4. What do you call it when they have to lift our 2 year old house 10 inches because the foundation is cracked along with 10 other houses on Spanish Moss. My walls have major cracks and all of the doors or off center. DR Horton needs his__ _ _ kicked for this. I have made the worst investment in my life. I called my self down sizeing from 3500 sq ft in Mansfield on two ac/to this and what a wrong move I MADE. I am so upset with this builder.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:26 PM

12 posts, read 15,111 times
okay, I'm completely confused. My husband and I are planning on relocating our family to the dallas area, and keep navigating to the north/northwest area in our searches. We found Providence and Savannah and I thought they both sounded great! Paloma Creek is another that I found. We are not wanting to spend over $150 if possible, and I've found several different communities in different areas that have what we need. I'm just not sure what area is the best for a family. There are so many places, and I would like some of the ammenities that providence has if we don't buy there (after reading all of these negative posts, I'm scared to even visit there). I've talked to a few realtors, but of course they are each going to "play up" their area in hopes of a future sale, so I'm still at square one after 3 weeks of searching. Any suggestions? HELP!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:33 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
Yeah it is confusing because those communities look so good on paper and they have those great swimming pools and other amenities and the price is so low. It's like those chain daycares who have the fabulous playgrounds because the parents will be impressed with the schools when driving by and then hopefully sign up their kids based on the playground alone - no matter if the schools inside are any good. But the price is right.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,316 times
I drove past Providence yesterday (as well as the previous weekend), and my jaw dropped to see the place looking so bad from the road. Must be a lot of foreclosures going on there maybe, and people not paying HOA Fees? Some of the Providence railings on the white fence out by the FM 380 was off the post. The tower out by the pool had lost all its siding and was covered with black tar paper and shiney roofing nails, "not a good billboard for the property)" I hope the housing market picks up and gets back on its feet. Think it would be tuff for the HOA to continue with their fine work if the funds drop off. I think they (the other home owners) would appreciate you moving there and being a stable solution to a "nation wide problem" with the housing market. Would think one could get a good deal on a house now and benifit in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas