Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 PM

621 posts, read 1,336,462 times

Advertisements

If you can afford the fee pay it. If you cannot afford to pay call Parkland Hospital and ask them. They will know where it's cheap or free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 04:02 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,783,338 times
How does Illegals get tested? just asking

Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 PM

944 posts, read 2,044,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtltke137 View Post
I tried contacting the Dallas County Health and Human Services Department [ http://www.dallascounty.org/departme...Human Services ] to see if I could get tested at their office on Stemmons Fwy. For some reason you can’t schedule anything in advance. You need to call them at 214-819-1819 at 7:45 a.m. for a same-day appointment. If you don’t call them at 7:45 they will never answer the damn phone. I did manage to get a hold of someone eventually and they said that I could go to one of their mobile health clinics which change location depending on the day. [ http://www.dallascounty.org/departme...ts/MMCJuly.pdf ]

So, if you are thinking about going there:

1. Don’t give out your SS#.
2. If you don't think you are infected at all, tell them up front you don’t want the Gonorrhea shot and Chlamydia pills until you get your test results back.
I wanted to update this thread regarding the Dallas County Health and Human Services Department mobile testing clinic, at it seems a few things have changed from when the OP originally posted.

Today the mobile RV clinic was at Richland College and open to the public, exactly as the online calendar said it would be. They do not care if you actually live in Dallas County, the address I provided on the form is in Collin County. They do not ask for ID. They did not ask for my full SS# on the form, only the last 4 digits. The testing is free.

They require a urine and blood sample, and provide you a card with the phone number to call back, a security code, and a participation code in order to obtain your results. I was there today and the card says that I may call after 2/11. Not counting today that is 10 business day and 14 total days. They test for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. They said that if you test positive for anything, that they will call you, so no news is good news.

Differences from the OP's experience: they did not provide me results for HIV and syphilis within 30 minutes (either that or they do it by phone if you're positive and I was negative, not sure, but they didn't mention a result window for anything other than the one I gave above). They did not offer me proactive treatment for anything at all, so no worries about them pushing any shots or pills on you before you know if you need them.

Overall you can't beat it, being that it's free. However if the calendar for January is representative of the rest of the year, then there's only a few days a month that are open to the public.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 870 times
Yes, there are locations in the DFW for free STD testing. This video should be helpful...

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkS-Ye0dPSc[/url]

Cheers.

—DT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas