Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 AM

328 posts, read 568,949 times

Advertisements

Need help please...Possible job in the future at Doctor's Hospital White Rock Lake...
Does anyone have input on this hospital...and also...
any info on nice apts in that area or if that is a nice location, etc..?? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 11:00 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
I'm a bit useless regarding information on the hospital or surrounding apartments BUT...that is such a fun area. I really love it. The lake itself is pretty with tons of activities, there are tons of trees, the Dallas Arboretum is on the same road and it's gorgeous. It's a mix of old and new with quirky and interesting to boot.

Good luck...I know more posters familiar with living in that part of town will have actual advice! Good luck!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:25 AM

Ok thanks...hopefully others will add in soon!! Need info within the next few days..

Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM

11,857 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Doctor's Hospital doesn't have nearly the good reputation that Baylor or Texas Health does in the DFW area. It is a small, older hospital that just serves the local community.

Be careful with apartments in the area. Stay NORTH of Garland Road.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 AM

686 posts, read 2,437,084 times
I just moved to that area this summer and really like it! Here are a couple of nice complexes in that area:

White Rock Lake Apartment Villas

Winsted at White Rock Lake Apartments Rentals in Dallas, TX

Trails of White Rock

Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,755,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post

Be careful with apartments in the area. Stay NORTH of Garland Road.
How does one stay north of Garland road?

Old 10-12-2011, 11:53 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
I just moved to that area this summer and really like it! Here are a couple of nice complexes in that area:

White Rock Lake Apartment Villas

Winsted at White Rock Lake Apartments Rentals in Dallas, TX

Trails of White Rock
These are all nice apartment complexes near the lake. If you want a charming historic rental, check out Power Properties in East Dallas (west of lake).

White Rock Lake is beautiful and always active- runners, cyclists, non-motor sailing, dog parks, picnics, etc. The Arboretum is on the east shore.

The hospital borders a couple of neighborhoods- Lakewood on the west shore, Old Lake Highlands on the east shore, Little Forest Hills & Forest Hills on the south/southeast side (across Garland Road) and Hollywood Heights/'C Streets to the south. The neighborhood east of East Grand Ave is a bit rough, as is the neighborhood south of Hollywood Heifhts. Other than that, the immediate neighborhoods are all very nice & generally safe (still a big city so lock your doors).

Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
What is your budget? There are a lot of beautiful homes and duplexes to rent in Lakewood/M-Streets/Lake Highlands/Casa Linda/Little Forest Hills etc.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,270,398 times
It's one of the better locations as far as hospitals go. With the exception of Presbyterian Hospital, the larger hospitals with more prestige are located in neighborhoods not nearly as nice.

Doctors Hospital is small. But it's in a pretty area bordering White Rock Lake Park with plentiful, safe apartments and lots of retail in the Casa Linda shopping center next door. You could eat shop and play within a few blocks of work. There aren't many places like that in DFW.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Thank you so much for the leads on apartments..However, I should have said I really need a 3 BR...any others that are nice??
Budget is a max of about $1000/month. Would be interested in townhome, rental home, etc if it is in a nice area, safety is my biggest concern..
I like the idea of a smaller hospital so that doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas