Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM

7 posts, read 44,455 times

Advertisements

My husband has found a great opportunity at a Dallas company and I am quitting my job and moving with him and my toddler son. This is the first time I will be living outside NYC and as a stay at home mom and I am nervous about the transition. Am looking for advice on best areas to stay to ease the change, i.e. neighborhoods with some walkability, family friendly (i.e. families with young children), and proximity to parks and playgrounds. I have heard great things about Uptown and want to get a sense of life in that area and recommendations of townhomes/apartments that fit the above criteria.
Also is Los Calinos a good option? His office is in Irving.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 PM

690 posts, read 1,728,708 times
There are some lofts or Condo's on Lake Carolyn now off O'conner. Many apartments North of there too.
There is a walk and bike trail. The Equestrian Center is now an elementary or middle school.
The new Irving Convention center I believe is now open. Many restaurants on O'Conner and E. Las Colinas Blvd. Nice to visit the sculpture of the Mustangs of Las Colinas at Williams Square plaza.
5205 N O'Connor Dr
Irving ,TX 75039
(972) 869-9047
In addition, there is plenty of employer headquarters in that area, DART Bus Transit station, Las Colinas Film studios, and two or more golf courses nearby.
This area has plenty of lofts, restaurants nearby, also close to the freeway for a quick getaway in any direction. Everything you may want or need is close by and quickly accessible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: