Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
I guess you haven't heard (or, aren't impressed by) Dallas' "Seeds of Change" program?

The "Dallas Observer" quotes a City official as saying,

"The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge is not only a new icon for North Texas and points beyond, but it is a beacon of hope for southern Dallas. The bridge is sending a signal to many developers that points south of the city are ripe for change and prosperity."

City Says It Hasn't Turned Its Back on Southern Dallas. And Now It Has the Website to Prove It. - Dallas News - Unfair Park

It appears to me that crime rate is the 900 lb gorilla in the room that everyone is trying to ignore.
What a funny quote from the city official.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 03:48 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
This blind hatred of Collin County pretty much shoots any credibility you may have had to bits.
Hate? I don't hate. Coco is not interesting enough to subpoena so much emotion. And hey, my opin as is yours counts fwiw. I lived there for 3 BORING years (except for the commute). I throw my two cents into the pot of collective intelligence and experience fwiw. Variety is the spice of life MKO, even in opinions.

The provocative title of the thread invites challenge. Sometimes stirring things up makes things a little more interesting. So the provocative title provoked my interest.

However I did not bother to read the article. I mean really, who cares?

Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
With the terrain if the southern part of the Dallas metro, you would think people would want to live in the bigger hills and trees than the slightly rolling treeless prairie.
As a recent Houston resident, now living in Plano, of the many differences between Houston and DFW, the lack of growth to the South in Dallas is a big one. Houston growth is in all directions except to the industrial east. Dallas seems to grow fast to the North, less so to the East? Fort worth is West so no growth of Dallas that way. I think growth to the south in Dallas would help with commute times but as many cites, Dallas seems commited to growing most rapidly North. Fortunately many jobs follow so North has critical mass in jobs, residents, highways and retail so it feeds upon its success and growth rages

Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
What? We're supposed to be upset that countless thousands of morons want to spend large portions of their lives in 4 wheel cells in the Central and Tollway torture chambers so they can spend the larger portion of their lives in vapid national chain McMansion neighborhoods void of trees lakes parks culture or history?

We're not upset at all. Enjoy your McMansion and your backyard. We'll keep the lake, downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Fair Park, the Park Cities, and our short drives to everything.

Everything except Coco that is. But then, what's up there?
No you should be grateful, if everyone is like you real estates prices in those areas you crave would be higher as well as the traffic jams. So fall down on your knees and be grateful for those of us living in CoCo and saving your area. Continue thinking we are making a huge sacrifice to be up here.. to help you.

I need to go to Google Maps to see if its true the axis of the world runs through Dallas proper as some seem to think.<G>

Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
What? We're supposed to be upset that countless thousands of morons want to spend large portions of their lives in 4 wheel cells in the Central and Tollway torture chambers so they can spend the larger portion of their lives in vapid national chain McMansion neighborhoods void of trees lakes parks culture or history?

We're not upset at all. Enjoy your McMansion and your backyard. We'll keep the lake, downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Fair Park, the Park Cities, and our short drives to everything.

Everything except Coco that is. But then, what's up there?
And some Dallasites wonder why people think they are snotty little s**ts.

Its one thing to have a preferences, but thats just being dickish.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 02-13-2012 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
And some Dallasites wonder why people think they are snotty little s**ts.

Its one thing to have a preferences, but thats just being dickish.
Not just -ish, I'd say actual.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM

931 posts, read 2,135,300 times
Fastest growing does not do much for me

Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 PM

39 posts, read 60,783 times
If Dallas can offer a city life that most of us crave then you will see us tripping over ourselves to move there but till then, we are fine here in our suburbs. If it weren't for work, I may go there once a week and that's about it. However, fastest growing thing can swing either way.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
WHY is there so MUCH "us vs them" vitriol in the Metroplex? Although much smaller, and there is some rivalry among municipalities, the metro I currently live in has much more of an "all for one and one for all" attitude in most things. What's good for one part of the Upstate eventually has trickle-down benefits for most of the area.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,430 times
It's pretty sad how a "city" such Dallas has to compete with it's suburbs more than anywhere else in the country except Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas