Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 03:19 PM

871 posts, read 2,689,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
Menu looks great! Have you ever tried the Philly Cheese Steak?

Are they really New York style pizzas?

I'm almost at the point of getting on a plane to the east coast for some good Italian!
You don't have to go to the East Coast for good Italian...just go to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 PM

871 posts, read 2,689,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
You know, I tried Cavalli's and it really didn't do it for me. I was super excited, because I've been to Italy twice and fondly remember the deliciousness that was their pizza. Was hoping for something similar, but was disappointed. I didn't get anything fancy...just the Margharita Pizza...but I didn't care for it. I'll probably try it again at some point since it is less than 5 min from me, and does have a really nice patio. I did think the raviolis off the tapa menu were really good!
Interesting. My wife lived in Naples for 7 years and when she had her first bite into a Margharita Pizza at Cavalli's, she had that "Ratatouille" moment where she was instantly transported back to Naples and even got choked up a bit. But hey, to each his own, but Cavalli's is certified (verified) Pizza Napoletana. Maybe the pizza you had in Italy was not Pizza Napoletana? Just a possibility, besides of course, personal preference.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM

17 posts, read 25,897 times
Default Rosati's Pizza in Metroplex - Opinions?

I'm from the Chicago area (Libertyville). Moved to Flower Mound 14 months ago. We just got a Rosati's Pizza. I was soooo stoked. But what a letdown.

BIG difference. Thin crust is like frozen dough. They don't spread the cheese to the edges. The Pan pizza looks like Pizza Hut pan and tastes even worse.

Anybody else from Chicago that has tried the Rosati's down here? What do you think?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:24 PM

24 posts, read 50,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebiz View Post
BIG difference. Thin crust is like frozen dough. They don't spread the cheese to the edges. The Pan pizza looks like Pizza Hut pan and tastes even worse.
I did not know ther was a Rosati's Pizza on my side of town, had diven all the way over to McKinney to get a pizza and its just not worth that drive but Flower Mound would be OK. I dont like hearing that they are having quality problems, maybe they made a mistake on that pizza and its not a common event at what has to be a new store.

I used to love getting Deep dish pizza when visiting the Chicago office, since Gino's East not to far from the office thats where I went, I never had a Rosati's in Chicago.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathyann31 View Post
Pizza Villa in Richardson. It's a complete hole in the wall, but quite tasty. They make their own sausage which is my fav topping.

They are kind of slow, so keep that in mind. Also, they don't take credit cards. Bring some cash.

No website but there are plenty of good reviews on Urban Spoon and Yelp.

Damn, I'm craving some now!!
I don't know how 'authentic' their pizza is, but it sure is tasty! They're a 5 minute drive away from me and on the rare occasion I get a takeout pizza, it's from there.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:38 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathack View Post
I used to love getting Deep dish pizza when visiting the Chicago office, since Gino's East not to far from the office thats where I went, I never had a Rosati's in Chicago.
At least you can order Gino's online and have it shipped (frozen) if you've just GOT to have a Chicago-style pie! http://featuredfoods.com/cgi-local/S...e25+1352770727

Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 AM

60 posts, read 187,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebiz View Post
I'm from the Chicago area (Libertyville). Moved to Flower Mound 14 months ago. We just got a Rosati's Pizza. I was soooo stoked. But what a letdown.

Anybody else from Chicago that has tried the Rosati's down here? What do you think?
We previously lived in Oak Park and moved down to Grapevine (but on the border of Flower Mound) about 4 months ago. We saw the Rosati's but haven't tried it yet. Sucks that you say it's a disappointment though. I wish Pizano's shipped frozen pizza. Instead we buy it when we visit back home, freeze it and bring it back with us. Have you had any luck with Chicago style hot dogs or Italian beef? We tried the deli in Grapevine that was Chicago Style and it was ok but definitely not like Portillo's.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:07 AM

18 posts, read 28,514 times
Papa Johns?

Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 PM

124 posts, read 259,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maloy View Post
Papa Johns?
I love it. Any of y'all ever heard "When in Rome"? This is Texas. You think trying to find a good pizza in North Texas is hard try to find Tex-Mex or BBQ in Upstate New York. They don't have it and they NEVER will. Why? There are reasons for people from NYC, Chicago and Naples to move to DFW, but there is no reason (beyond military orders) for a Texan to go to Upstate New York. There are many good food options in North Texas and Pizza is one of them, but you have to look.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofsouth View Post
but there is no reason (beyond military orders) for a Texan to go to Upstate New York. There are many good food options in North Texas and Pizza is one of them, but you have to look.
There is no reason for someone from NY to move to Upstate NY, nevermind a Texan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas