Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpunto View Post
I've lived my entire life in Southern California (Orange County) but I'm planning to move to Plano / Frisco later this year.

For those who are originally from Southern Cali. (specifically Orange County) and live in Plano or Frisco, what are the advantages and disadvantages of Plano / Frisco when compared to the Orange County area?

How has your life changed for better or worse?
Moved from 91361 to 75093 and am WAY happier. All of us are.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:01 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinotGuy View Post
Thanks for chiming in, I thought I am reading a science fiction list from the UserX. Lived in CA for more than 20 years (Brooklyn before that), traveled up and down the coast on business and have no idea what he/she is talking about.

We moved out of CA Bay Area as we could no longer stand liberals and their imposition on everyone's lives. In Las Vegas for now and already feeling lots of changes with a huge wave of CA transplants moving here and imposing their views on Nevadans, same views which have destroyed CA. So, we only have another year or two before we move again and were looking at TX and Plano in particular. This thread has helped, A LOT, and I thank all of the contributors for that.

That said, and seeing all the references to many recent transplants from CA, what we really want to know is are we facing the same infusion of liberals onto the great state of TX? That would definitely alter our plans. I may ruffle some feathers with the questions, but moving into yet another liberal infested area is not in our plans.

TIA.
Left of center Californian living in Plano here.

What I tell people the biggest difference between California and Texas is that there is a HUGE difference between the way people in the cities think vs. the way people in small towns and rural areas think in Texas. Dallas and Austin are as blue as Los Angeles, but drive into the small towns around and its as red as it gets. It's not quite like that in California.

All in all, being a liberal in Plano isn't a big deal any more than being a conservative is. Collin county is 65/35 conservative/liberal and Plano is closer to 50/50 which is DRASTICALLY different than 10-15 years ago. People are very tolerant in Plano and its very diverse (religiously, ethnically, and politically) here. Our mayor and council are extremely moderate. It's truly a place for anyone.

If you're looking for a place that's strictly conservative, I might try looking further north or east.

Disclaimer: My remarks are about Plano only, not Collin County as a whole.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
this thread has run its course and is closed. Remember you can't see all the deleted posts.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: