Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharpe View Post
Richardson still allows smoking. Last time I was in Sherlock s in Richardson it was like a smokehouse. We left immediately.
I think that's only in bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 06:11 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think that's only in bars.
I think they meant Addison.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I think they meant Addison.
I think he was referring to the Fox and Hound if he meant the faux British pub in Richardson on Campbell Rd. I haven't been there in at least a couple of years but last time I went, smoking was allowed.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM

871 posts, read 2,690,437 times
Sadly, Wylie allows smoking in restaurants. It keeps us from going to Chili's, currently the only chain restaurant there because there is a smoking section (or maybe smoking in the bar, but either way, it sucks). There is a new development coming near Wylie High called Woodbridge Crossing that will have a Kroger and a movie theater (both should open soon), as well as other retail/restaurant space. Hopefully no new restaurants allow smoking there.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:59 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
I've got no problem with restaurants allowing smoking, as long as they make it known so I know not to go there.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool - it pollutes the whole area.

The libertarian in me doesn't like gov't ordinances prohibiting restaurants from allowing smoking if they choose to do so. If the owners think they can bring in more business from nicotine addicts than from people who prefer clean air when they eat, that is their decision.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
The only cities in DFW that I know of that allow smoking are Addison and the Colony. Are there others?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
I'm not a smoker, and won't go to a restaurant that permits it. I also don't understand those particular smokers that sit on the patio upwind to others that may not be smokers. Check the prevailing wind direction when sitting outside. It is not that hard. But I am a free-market place kind of guy. Cities are overstepping their bounds by banning it outright. Let the marketplace decide. I could understand it if it was made illegal to possess.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM

29 posts, read 45,824 times
Seriously, you want people to check the prevailing wind direction before they smoke OUTSIDE on a patio? That might be a little overboard.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM

67 posts, read 164,321 times
Hickory Creek, Lewisville, and Denton have many restaurants with smoking sections. Individual restaurants can choose not to even if the city allows smoking, but the opposite is not true.

I'm another with allergy issues and hate being in a restaurant with a smoking section. I've seen that peeing section in a pool analogy and it fits well. Not only does even a small amount of smoke make me puffy-eyed and congested, but I take my business outside of the city quite often.

A side note- as far as real estate goes, when we were house hunting recently, there were 2 lovely houses I didn't consider because they had the smoke smell and residue. I went home with a major sinus headache after 15 minutes in each, there's no way in the world I'd buy them. I could spend a fortune on professional cleaning of the air ducts and all surfaces, replace carpets, paint, etc. and still risk getting sick in my own home. Not worth the risk at all! Smokers really need to remember that when they try to sell a home they've smoked in.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFamily View Post
Not worth the risk at all! Smokers really need to remember that when they try to sell a home they've smoked in.
Most people won't notice the smell if you've painted and had the carpets cleaned, but I don't smoke in my own house because I don't want to deal with the smell...but when I did smoke indoors, cleaning up ashes was always a bigger PITA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas