Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty View Post
well let me just give you a little advice on crime prevention if you are ever in a situation..one of my uncles who lived in New York City..told me this..if someone is ever trying to mess with you..just start acting like a hadicap person..(no offense)..seriously I used to travel all the time to big cities and the momment you act crazy trust me even the weirdos don't want to have a thing to do with you..lol
I prefer my .38 to playing charades with a punk, but to each their own....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
I prefer my .38 to playing charades with a punk, but to each their own....
Me too. The punks that do these crimes don't give a rats behind if your handicapped or elderly. Just look at the punk that hit the 90something year old lady in the head for her purse all for a few bucks. These morons go after women ALONE! If they cared about someone at all they would not be doing it in the first place so acting "handicapped" ain't gonna save anyone. But me handicapping them will prevent me from being a victim along w/ several others if the punks don't get caught.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:19 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Me too. The punks that do these crimes don't give a rats behind if your handicapped or elderly. Just look at the punk that hit the 90something year old lady in the head for her purse all for a few bucks. These morons go after women ALONE! If they cared about someone at all they would not be doing it in the first place so acting "handicapped" ain't gonna save anyone. But me handicapping them will prevent me from being a victim along w/ several others if the punks don't get caught.
LOL, I tried to give you points but I must have given you too much reputation love already:
Quote:
City-Data Forum Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to momof2dfw again.
Your point still holds true. Look what happened to that poor lady on the Katy Trail, they jumped her and beat her up just for kicks. Those kind of punks are the reasons I carry a gun.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:36 PM

80 posts, read 417,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I predict the next shopping mall to close in DFW will be Valley View. I'd be shocked if I drove past it in five years and it was still there. It has gone so bad so quickly.
Wow. That's what you consider to be *bad?!* I thought that it was an OK place. A little small and confusing, but it didn't seem like the 'bad' malls we have out here.

My partner (work) and I were covering a basketball game in Hayward, CA.. immediately after the game, upwards of 300 'street youths' poured into the mall and trashed the place and started a near riot. Now *that* is what I'd call a bad mall. :-)

Old 12-04-2007, 06:46 PM

80 posts, read 417,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
LOL, I tried to give you points but I must have given you too much reputation love already:

Your point still holds true. Look what happened to that poor lady on the Katy Trail, they jumped her and beat her up just for kicks. Those kind of punks are the reasons I carry a gun.
Totally off topic, but yeah, we've seen that around here. The 'typical' response is "just give them what they want, they'll leave" but what's been happening is people giving up their belongings/etc, and getting shot/stabbed/assaulted anyway. They don't "just go away."

But others are right... crime happens everywhere. San Jose, CA (the city I'm vacating in 3 weeks!) has logged over 30 homicides this year.

Almost every single one of them was 100% gang or drug related.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 33,819 times
Default northwest dallas is very dangerous

yea i know northwest dallas is rough i know this little area named Arlington Park but that area of northwest dallas is really like "west dallas" .but it is real rough in those back streets its a ducked off neighborhood full of blood gang activity i was driving through there one time and seen red bandannas on the street signs but back in the early 90's theyre were alot of crips but they must have been overwhelmed by the bloods. and lovefield is right down harry hines and its not half as bad as i have seen as in arlington park and webb chapel is pretty rought too but i think that one place you definetly should not go is arlington park because theyre are thugs outside over there 24/7 looking like theyre trying to get into some knid of mischeif but as far as northwest dallas goes that is basically the worst parts

Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 PM

307 posts, read 1,181,599 times
I don't know how 'dangerous' I'd consider central Grand Prairie or East Arlington but those are definitely two areas that had their element. I grew up around E. Arl, gangs were bad 10-15 years ago, the jr/high schools weren't much to write home about either. I'm not sure if they improved any since. It seems Arl is trying to cleanup though.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:24 PM

4 posts, read 19,657 times
I do not think there is a safe place in Dallas. I have lived in a few different neighborhoods and work at Baylor. I can say with out question that it is bad down buy Baylor, Fair Park etc. They keep it hush hush but a lot of bad things happen to the workers here when they go to leave, day time and night time. They are building a lot of condos around here though. Perhaps they are trying to improve the neighborhood. We had tried to live very close to Presby over near Walnut Hill and it was a horrible neighboorhood! We managed to make it one month and we escaped. Heard gun shots all the time! Now we are closer to Preston and Park so its better, but still things happen. A lady was beat up and robbed in our gated apartment complex the other day. You just have to be careful and trust no one! I may seem rude but I never stop when someone asks for something, i.e, directions, help etc.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 PM

937 posts, read 2,907,542 times
[quote=searchinghohen;2239104]I do not think there is a safe place in Dallas.QUOTE]

LOL....what an absurd statement.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchinghohen View Post
I do not think there is a safe place in Dallas. I have lived in a few different neighborhoods and work at Baylor. I can say with out question that it is bad down buy Baylor, Fair Park etc. They keep it hush hush but a lot of bad things happen to the workers here when they go to leave, day time and night time. They are building a lot of condos around here though. Perhaps they are trying to improve the neighborhood. We had tried to live very close to Presby over near Walnut Hill and it was a horrible neighboorhood! We managed to make it one month and we escaped. Heard gun shots all the time! Now we are closer to Preston and Park so its better, but still things happen. A lady was beat up and robbed in our gated apartment complex the other day. You just have to be careful and trust no one! I may seem rude but I never stop when someone asks for something, i.e, directions, help etc.
Well just look at it this way, if the neighborhoods around the hospitals are bad, if something happens to you at least the hospitals close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas