Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times

Advertisements

Hello Dallas friends, I am from your sister city of Atlanta...well, I know we are not technically sister cities, but in Atlanta we consider Dallas to be structurally and culturally similar to us.

Anyway, I was hoping that you may be able to help me with a recommendation. I have a client that would like to host a dinner during a conference at the Hilton Anatole, preferably something that may have a private room appropriate for 15-25 guests. It doesn't have to be within walking distance of the hotel, but should be relatively close.

I have seen that Dallas has many nationally known steakhouses like Mortons and Del Frisco's, but I thought I might try to tap into the local knowledge for a suggestion for something that may not be quite so obvious.

If you were taking clients out to a dinner and you wanted them to have a great experience with fantastic food, but also in an environment conducive to a little business discussion, where would you go? It doesn't have to be a steakhouse, I'm just thinking of that type of restaurant.

Thoughts are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,531 times
SER is at the top of the Anatole. I haven't been, but we are going there for dinner tomorrow night. If you want the best steak(in my opinion) in Dallas, check out Al Biernat's. It is a 10 minute drive from the Anatole, and is considered by many to be the top steak restaurant in Dallas. Links to both places below.

SER: S

Al's: https://www.albiernats.com/

Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Fearing's at the Ritz has a private dining room that would fit your group. One of the best restaurants in Dallas with a distinctive regional menu. It's about a 7 minute drive into Uptown.

If you have more of a steak crowd, I'd recommend Nick & Sam's (NOT to be confused with the more casual Nick & Sam's Grill) or Al Biernet's. Both top notch and locally owned, plus within 10 minutes of your hotel.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
Thanks, this is very helpful!

I also posed this question to a friend of mine who often travels to Dallas and takes clients out, and he had strong advice to definitely go to Pappas Bros. He said it is by far the favorite of all the places he brings people to dine.

Any thoughts on that? I know it's a few miles from the hotel, but he said it is worth it.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Thanks, this is very helpful!

I also posed this question to a friend of mine who often travels to Dallas and takes clients out, and he had strong advice to definitely go to Pappas Bros. He said it is by far the favorite of all the places he brings people to dine.

Any thoughts on that? I know it's a few miles from the hotel, but he said it is worth it.
Pappas, although good, is a chain. There are multiple Pappas Steak Houses and they also have other restaurants. Also the area that Pappas resides in, is not a pretty part of Dallas at all. Especially as it's all under construction now. Al's, Faring's and Nick & Sams are all in much nicer more attractive parts of Dallas.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:38 PM

257 posts, read 549,975 times
Fearing's is amazing and would be my top pick. But in case that one doesn't work out, I would also add two other recommendations:

Stampede 66 (a Stephan Pyles restaurant in downtown/Victory Park area, feels very "Texas" in a way that out-of-towners will appreciate and the food and cocktails are pretty upscale)

Oak (in the Design District, fancy food done really well, unbelievably beautiful restaurant, very short drive from the Anatole)

Old 08-15-2013, 01:08 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,570,917 times
Oak is a great suggestion for modern food, but you may want to look at a recent menu as it could be, for lack of better word, "complicated" for some. I'll back all the others except Pappas only because it's a chain.

Oak Menu

Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM

390 posts, read 714,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
If you have more of a steak crowd, I'd recommend Nick & Sam's (NOT to be confused with the more casual Nick & Sam's Grill) or Al Biernet's. Both top notch and locally owned, plus within 10 minutes of your hotel.
Or Bob's Steak and Chop House - either on Lemmon or at the Omni Hotel.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:17 PM

82 posts, read 126,442 times
The Mansion on Turtle Creek has private rooms upstairs. One is really quite charming with a balcony overlooking the drive.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:22 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
Al biernat's is very loud, lots of clatter. I can't hear table conversation at that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: