Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:51 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,493,627 times

Advertisements

The closest place I can think of is the Library Bar at the Melrose Hotel.
The Landmark Restaurant and the Library Bar: Official Site

I like the Rattle Snake Bar at the Ritz better though
Rattlesnake Bar | Dallas, TX | Bars and Clubs | D Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,471,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
The closest place I can think of is the Library Bar at the Melrose Hotel.
The Landmark Restaurant and the Library Bar: Official Site

I like the Rattle Snake Bar at the Ritz better though
Rattlesnake Bar | Dallas, TX | Bars and Clubs | D Magazine
I can second the heck out of the Library bar. I absolutely LOVE that place. I've never been to Rattlesnake.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:02 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,714,991 times
I recommend Joule for an intimate coctail party with heavy appetizers

Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,471,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
And a little dip in the awesome pool afterwards?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,493,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
I can second the heck out of the Library bar. I absolutely LOVE that place. I've never been to Rattlesnake.
I love library bar too. May just walk over there when I get home tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
PM night lounge under the Joule was so nice. I went to an amazing birthday there, haven't been to the bar on the main level.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM

257 posts, read 551,059 times
Fearing's has a lovely patio where you could do a cocktail reception (especially if you are doing it in late September or after, when the weather is a bit cooler). It's just off the Rattlesnake Bar, as I recall.

Totally agree that Library Bar is a fabulous indoor option.

I'm afraid there isn't really anything within easy walking distance of the Anatole. It sits right on a major interstate with nothing except other (less nice) hotels and office buildings around it.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:35 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,714,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmab View Post

I'm afraid there isn't really anything within easy walking distance of the Anatole. It sits right on a major interstate with nothing except other (less nice) hotels and office buildings around it.
Yes, you really will need to have transport or arrange this event at the Anatole.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,204,077 times
The last two times I've been to the Mansion Bar it was almost dead. So you could sort of take over that space, or at least the first room farthest from the bar with the beautiful marble pattern floor - that would be easy. Then just order what you want instead of setting it up - but let them know you have a large party. It's an impressive place.

Caveat: be sure to ask for their single malt scotch list before you order. I casually ordered a couple of one brand and it was $90. Whoops..shouldn't have been running my mouth and not paying attention.

The Joule is definitely cool...

Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,492,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Everybody, your tips have been fantastic!

My only problem is that now my client has changed its mind and doesn't want to host a dinner anymore....instead, they want to host a cocktail party.

So, can anybody recommend an adequate venue for this? Some place where 20-25 people can be hosted in a somewhat intimate environment where hopefully some hour d'ouerves can be served as well?

It would be very helpful if it was within a few blocks, easy walking distance, from the Hilton (but not in the Hilton itself).

Does this exist?

Thanks so much everybody!
It's been a while but the Anatole has nice rooms for this type of arrangement. Specifically the Jade Room. I know it isn't as much fun as going off property.

The Anatole really isn't walking distance to anything. Although a short distance away is the Design District where there are a few restaurants. But I can't think of a place that could accommodate a group of 25 for a cocktail party. If it's an off day or off hours - you should certainly try: Oak or FT33. Both are a quick cab ride away. I know FT33 has a cocktail type of thing on Tuesdays at 4:30.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,302,400 times
I would do Ocean's Prime with that location. Here are the pros: 1) private rooms, 2) great bar, 3) better bar outside for after dinner drink, 4) beautiful restaurant. Food is very good. (and since it has plenty of seafood, a little more variety.

You could also do Perry's Steakhouse. 1) quiet upstairs, 2) very pretty, 3) good bar, and 4) best pork chop ever. Seriously- best pork chop ever. Good location for what you are talking about.

Based on location, I would avoid Pappas. I love it, but not a pretty part of town and pretty isolated (unless you want to go to Pappasitos, Pappadeux, Pappas Bar B Que, Pappas Chinese take out, Pappas veggie delights, etc. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: