Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times

Advertisements

Neither do I (care what people do behind closed doors), but the traffic is not inside and does effect a neighborhood on a very regular basis, so the points others have made about running a business in a residential neighborhood are very valid.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Neither do I (care what people do behind closed doors), but the traffic is not inside and does effect a neighborhood on a very regular basis, so the points others have made about running a business in a residential neighborhood a very valid.
I agree; I would resent that kind of traffic too. If they could do it without the traffic, I wouldn't care. The nature of the business doesn't bother me.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:08 PM

875 posts, read 1,092,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
If my neighbor were having huge tupperware parties 3 times a week and there were traffic and parking problems because of it I'd have to deem tupperware pretty darn offensive!
Same here.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:04 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,048,425 times
Forget about. Of all the things to worry about-make the club solved the parking situation. What about some mega churches are stealing money right in your neighborhood, or the mechanic who gyps you out of money for an unnecessary repairs.

Swingers are your next door neighbors, your doctor, your policeman, your sister, your cousin, etc etc

Old 11-25-2007, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 13,445 times
Default Wanna know the truth about the Cherry Pit?

Ask me. I regularly attend parties at this residence and anything you want to know, just ask. There are rumors going around that I would love to clarify.

Cash Bar: there is no cash bar, parties are BYOB but sodas, mixers and juices are provided at no cost.

Parking: all parking on the street is legal. The street has approx 20' of shoulder where cars are parallel parked; driveways, intersections, mailboxes, walkways and fire hydrants are not blocked.

The hot tub area, etc: all areas accessible by party attendees are completely concealed within the house. The hot tub area is not viewable from the neighbors yard. This house is located on a one acre heavily wooded lot. Entries are not visible from the street or neighbors.

Nuisance: the legal definition of "nuisance" is; use of property or course of conduct that interferes with the legal rights of others by causing damage, annoyance, or inconvenience. The parties that take place cannot legally be considered a nuisance because the legal rights of others have not been interfered with.

Donations: an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution. Donations are accepted, not demanded. There is no "cover charge" and attendees are not turned away because a donation is not provided.

In a nutshell, this residence is just that. The homeowner’s live there full time and they throw a party on the weekends. What goes on behind closed doors is nobody’s business as long as the activities are legal and consensual.

I understand that not everyone agrees with the swing lifestyle. That's not what this post is about. I just wanted to clarify some things and if there is anything you want to know, just ask.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:21 AM

438 posts, read 1,783,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
It's a fine line between imposing legal action on an activity, and making a choice to keep your community a moral place to live.
Whose morals get to be the law? We Americans point at things like Sharia law and think it's only for 3rd world nations. Then we want our cities to police "immoral" behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
I wouldn't want to live next door to where there are mass orgies going on and sexually charged people walking around.
I wouldn't want to live next door to a huge bible study where particpants get all hopped up on hellfire and proselytization and want to come knocking on my door with their brand of salvation.

If people can keep their swinging (or snake-handling, or speaking in tongues and rolling on the floor, or...) inside the house then more power to 'em. If they are breaking local parking or noise ordinances then I would expect tickets to be issued.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM

339 posts, read 707,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Again, it should be no concern of yours what goes on in the privacy of someone's home. There's no law that states you have to care about being a good neighbor, you just have to abide by the laws that are on the books.

If people are driving drunk, that's got nothing to do with them being a swinger. Maybe we should have the police force inspect your home for alcohol because you might be a danger to my family for having liquor in the home. Maybe I can jump to conclusions that you are going to sacrifice animals because it appears in the Bible that might be in your home... and you have a knife in your kitchen drawer.

We already have laws in place to control actual problems. In this instance the home was a nuisance due to parking and possibly noise. Those are legitimate. Singling out someone because you don't agree with their morals isn't. It only opens the door for people with a new set of morals to judge you and try to legislate your life.
Good argument! I'm going to start fighting pit bulls and sacraficing chickens (in between cooking the batches of Meth). Of course this will be in the privacy of my own home, so no one will report me...unless it creates a parking problem.

Last edited by JDTD; 11-30-2007 at 11:03 AM..

Old 11-30-2007, 11:13 AM

875 posts, read 1,092,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
Good argument! I'm going to start fighting pit bulls and sacraficing chickens (in between cooking the batches of Meth). Of course this will be in the privacy of my own home, so no one will report me...unless it creates a parking problem.
I liked your unedited reply best.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:48 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
I wouldn't report you for any actions between consenting adults, nor do I think they should be a crime. Animal cruelty isn't a victimless crime... but nice try.

What you don't realize is that when you open the door to legislating others morality to your standards, you open that door for others to legislate yours. What happens when the atheist movement feels that people shouldn't be able to come together in a home for bible study, because the bible contains violence and has been the subject of many wars? You would wish that you stood up for the liberty of individuals regardless of how different their morals are from yours.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:40 PM

438 posts, read 1,783,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
If I lived close, I'd call the police all the time for noise disturbances - whether or not they were being loud. I'd get several neighbors to do the same thing,
Sounds like "filing a false police report" to me. And maybe conspiracy to entice others to break the law as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas