Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:45 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,256,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post
I live in a neighborhood that has especially in the past couple of years been heavily skewed towards Indians. I know a few of them, and they all moved here at the same time with family members. Four of the houses on my street are owned by four brothers. They were all part of the same family, migrated here from India and all got jobs at the same company and decided to live on the same street. Every time a non Indian moves out, it seems like an Indian moves in, so my neighborhood is also being quickly converted to another Indian enclave. My neighborhood probably tends to attract more of the first time homebuyers, and many of the Indians here seem relatively fresh to America. They're all very quiet and professional, though, and the only noise they make is from their kids playing in their yards which I don't mind. The only downside is that they tend to keep to themselves, so it's kind of hard to be neighborly with people it's difficult to communicate with. Still, we always at least smile and wave to each other.
Sold!

Old 12-10-2017, 12:39 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,172,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby1 View Post
We've looked at Richwoods and also have a close friend who lives there, so I can claim I have somewhat insider information. Lately the mask that all Indians put on initially to be nice to each other has vanished. They also hate to see another Desi(what Indians are referred to) family enter the premises... I guess it is a little too late to expect diversity in this community.

The house wives turned their garages either into a boutique by selling stuff they somehow manage to get from India or a kitchen to cook and sell food to those who couldn't make on their own , and countless daycare centers that host the kids for a very cheap price. Its just sad to see people buying those high priced homes, then doing whatever they could to pay the bills. The homes are on the high end, but unfortunately some people who live in there are taking that charm down by doing such stuff.

Looks like another community called Lexington Country further down the road is heading that way.. Every home buyer is a Desi, obsessed with homes facing north and east, WTF? And builders are feasting on it by adding lot premiums to all the lots when facing certain direction.
If I didn’t know better, I would chalk out your post to blatant racism but I’ve heard these complaints by many who live in Richwoods and Lexington, even some who are Indians themselves. However, buyers have a right to do whatever they want to do with their property. If it’s something against the law or HOA rules, you can file complaints.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:08 PM

317 posts, read 239,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
If I didn’t know better, I would chalk out your post to blatant racism but I’ve heard these complaints by many who live in Richwoods and Lexington, even some who are Indians themselves. However, buyers have a right to do whatever they want to do with their property. If it’s something against the law or HOA rules, you can file complaints.
South indian buyers believe in vastu and according it only good entrances for house are East facing and North East facing.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:06 AM

21 posts, read 33,529 times
If you don't live there, you should not be spreading these rumors. Buyers always drive around the neighborhood before they buy and they know what they are buying and who the neighbors are.
Wait!! are you one of those potential buyers who thought you could afford, the reality is that you could not afford it and start spreading these rumors. I have seen that quite a lot. -ve marketing..

Old 12-12-2017, 12:59 PM

201 posts, read 237,424 times
Quote:
Even some of my Indian friends and colleagues said that, they don't want an all Indian or all Caucasian or all anything neighborhood. Whole point of living in a cosmopolitan area is to experience diversity. If they wanted a one majority neighborhood, they would've stayed in India for would've picked an all white or all black town in America. On the other hand, others prefer recreating feeling of homeland in an ethnic enclave to forget that they are living in a foreign country. Assimilation can be scary.
After talking to many who live in that area, I realized it is not about fear of assimilation but it is more about fear of losing identity. Many of these folks left India for better jobs. By living in Indian majority neighborhood, they are trying to have their kids learn their native language, like their food and subscribe to religious beliefs. I don't think they are very successful though because kids don't live in a bubble. Very few kids can speak Indian languages.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:16 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,553,712 times
I don’t really understand the problem. My experience is that Indian people make great neighbors. Like what was said before, they seem to be quieter than many and are friendly enough. If you really don’t like it, I suppose you could move.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:45 PM

Most of them do make good neighbors and have very nice children. I don’t see having them as neighbors as a drawback unless it becomes an Indian majority neighborhood. I prefer balance in diversity but it’s my problem, it shouldn’t stop them from buying in clusters if that suits their needs better. It’s a free country.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:59 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,856,148 times
My Chinese co-worker "white flighted" to Light Farms in Celina because of the Indian percentage in his neighborhood just a few miles north of Richwoods.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
My Chinese co-worker "white flighted" to Light Farms in Celina because of the Indian percentage in his neighborhood just a few miles north of Richwoods.
Your average educated and affluent Indian person wouldn’t want to live in a Chinatown, why would an average educated and affluent Chinese stay in Little India? Most folks are looking for neighborhoods with good mix of people.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:39 AM

625 posts, read 1,956,158 times
Quote:
Your average educated and affluent Indian person wouldn’t want to live in a Chinatown, why would an average educated and affluent Chinese stay in Little India? Most folks are looking for neighborhoods with good mix of people.
"minorities are okay, until they become the majority. Then they are a problem."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: