Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 11:20 AM

52 posts, read 61,593 times

Advertisements

I've got a possible job offer in McKinney, TX, which would be located downtown. The historic downtown area looks really nice and I'm wondering if there are any apartment complexes to rent within walking distance of downtown. I can't find much on a Google search. If not walking distance, then I'd appreciate any nice but reasonably priced 1-BR or studio apartment rentals in the area. Also any advice in general on a newcomer to McKinney--single, liberal GenX geek who loves dogs & would like to meet new people with similar interests.

Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 11:28 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,719 times
Just like most cities in North Dallas, I would stay away from East side (of 75). East = low income, west = upper income

Old 10-19-2016, 11:36 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
Just like most cities in North Dallas, I would stay away from East side (of 75). East = low income, west = upper income
I'll let Parker, Fairview, Lakewood and Lake Highlands know that they're low income, and congratulate West Dallas on being the poorest upper income neighborbood in tbe metroplex. What terrible advice!

OP, I haven't spent enough time in downtown McKinney to know what apartment options are close by, but the historic downtown square is charming and bustling, and the adjacent historical district is pretty great, too!

Old 10-19-2016, 11:38 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,816,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I'll let Parker, Fairview, Lakewood and Lake Highlands know that they're low income, and congratulate West Dallas on being the poorest upper income neighborbood in tbe metroplex. What terrible advice!

OP, I haven't spent enough time in downtown McKinney to know what apartment options are close by, but the historic downtown square is charming and bustling, and the adjacent historical district is pretty great, too!
I said North Dallas, I don't consider anything you mentioned North. 5min drive up from downtown isn't really North, North = above 635

Before you start making accusations how about you get your facts right, smh. What a TERRIBLE person!

Old 10-19-2016, 11:39 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post

I'm gonna use the fact that I live east of 75 when I protest my taxes next year.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:41 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,571,734 times
These should come online next year. Not too familiar with the current apartments.

https://communityimpact.com/dallas-f...town-mckinney/

Old 10-19-2016, 11:46 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,571,734 times
Quote:
Silly. There are great properties in the historic district and there are properties getting torn down and rebuilt in a way that fit the neighborhood.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:07 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
I said North Dallas, I don't consider anything you mentioned North. 5min drive up from downtown isn't really North, North = above 635

Before you start making accusations how about you get your facts right, smh. What a TERRIBLE person!
So where are Fairview and Parker? Last I checked, they are well north of 635.

And smh right back at you because Dallasites should know "north Dallas" IS south of 635, including Lake Highlands. Far North Dallas is north of 635. And the CoCo suburbs are north OF Dallas. A "city in North Dallas" can only refer to Dallas itself.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:10 PM

52 posts, read 61,593 times
@Aceraceae - that mixed use development looks cool. I'd love to find a nice apartment within walking distance of downtown because I just like the idea of a walkable neighborhood and an easy walk to work. Hard to find in car-dependent Texas, I know.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:23 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
I don't know of any "nice" apartment complexes around there. The ones I'm familiar seem to lend towards lower income folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas