Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 10:22 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I agree. This could be huge for the Grow South initiative as well as the continued improvement in DISD. And for the entire sector of southern suburbs.
Not when you have Sand Branch, a community that might as well be affected by the Flint River.

https://www.theroot.com/sandbranch-t...r-o-1790858153

This town might as well be in a forgotten part of Appalachia, but it's a few hectometers from the Dallas Water Treatment Plant and near a considerable amount of potable water infrastructure. Can't believe there are places with Third World conditions in America! What an injustice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 PM

6 posts, read 6,426 times
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/13/amaz...-virginia.html

Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 PM

8,152 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West01 View Post

Well, good for us. I've said it before, I severely dislike corporate handouts via tax money.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Well, good for us. I've said it before, I severely dislike corporate handouts via tax money.
We give out enough corporate tax breaks as it is. Richardson ISD residents just stupidly voted in favor of the TRE which wouldn't be necessary if corporate real estate in Richardson ISD was fairly taxed at market value.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:59 AM

227 posts, read 223,275 times
Thank God amazon didnt come here. DC and NY shall now feel the pain

Old 11-13-2018, 07:32 AM

132 posts, read 95,190 times
Lmao. Dallas really thought bezos was choosing you over the an East coast city? Bless yalls non cultural hearts.

Boring region. With boring people. Get an identity, dallas.

Austin and Houston always have to carry the cool for tx. Step up. You're embarrassing us.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:12 AM

692 posts, read 855,799 times
Stay classy, edwinpa7, stay classy...

I'm ... not a city-of-Dallas booster, to put it mildly. As regular posters know (though to give D-boi hsi due, the city is improving).

But Dallas has an identity, and as I said many many pages ago, it is Dallas' identity that doomed selection for an Amazon HQ from the start. Because Dallas and DFW at large simply don't care, or need to care, enough about Amazon, to justify making an offer that would outweigh the Acela-corridor stay-near-the-lobbyists advantages of what he chose. We have a hugely diverse economy and simply don't need to go around on our knees begging for the employment version of a strip-mall anchor-tenant.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:15 AM

631 posts, read 885,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinpa7 View Post
Lmao. Dallas really thought bezos was choosing you over the an East coast city? Bless yalls non cultural hearts.

Austin and Houston always have to carry the cool for tx. Step up. You're embarrassing us.
From looking at your profile:

-You used to live in Dallas
-You are sexually frustrated: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...hen-comes.html

So you hate Dallas because the women here kept passing you over for more successful and more attractive guys?

Go away.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:22 AM

6,696 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinpa7 View Post

But Dallas was in the top 3.

Houston wasn’t even in the top 20.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:37 AM

341 posts, read 1,019,094 times
With more than 80 percent of precincts reporting, Utah's medical cannabis ballot measure was leading by a margin of 53 percent to 47 percent, and the Associated Press projected that it was approved.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#20a4dadd4140
It was really comical that some folks in North Texas thought they had a shot at Amazon 2.
Now I don't know if Bezos smokes pot but I know he's a pretty progressive guy.
Folks in Texas with guys in power like Abbott & Patricik are so far back in the pack (culturally speaking), we are watching places like Utah legalize grass and there's no real possability of it being on a ballot in Texas in the for seeable future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas