Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 09:53 AM

932 posts, read 543,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Ok let me back up.
While I will always defend legal immigrants to this country (being one myself), I have to take issue with this statement.
It’s complete hogwash. We all come here to upgrade our lives. Absolutely the truth. Otherwise, why come here and put up with all the difficulties of an alien culture and being far away from family and home.
Living here can be hard. Some of the locals can be anything from ignorant to outright hostile to anyone not from their own backyard. It’s interesting to see some of the most anti immigrants have been people who are either the children or grandchildren of immigrants themselves. I wonder if it’s some rebellion against their own heritage that subconsciously leads them to hate immigrants, but I digress.

In spite of all the problems here, it still offers the greatest opportunity to advance your life through hard work. Whether that’s opening a business, or going to school. No other country would have allowed me and my 4 siblings to come here with no money or connections as teenagers and grow to become a lawyer, a tech startup company owner, 2 accountants and a healthcare IT consultant. Only America reduces the barriers of not being born rich and connected which is pretty much a requirement everywhere else.

My sister in law is a successful lawyer in biglaw. She’s a typical liberal, constantly bashing things here. I told her that the very idea of her, a black female lawyer at the top of her profession who came from nothing, simply could never happen in most countries. Not Brazil, not Africa, Asia probably not even Europe.

I can’t speak for this guy but I think this is the greatest country ever, and I’m grateful to be here every day. Warts notwithstanding.
If you were poor or not treated well back home, I agree.
But even the wealthy and well settled families are moving here.

In terms of money and individual growth...yes it's an upgrade.
In terms of family..... don't think so.

Also we shouldn't forget that as far as software guys from India is concerned, US is giving them opportunities as they were already educated back in India.

Lot of people did their bachelor's for less than 1000$ due to government subsidies on education.

If you are poor in America, the odds are stacked against you
https://youtu.be/ydca1wzlheg

US isn't great if one wants to start a family.
This is the reason as to why you see millennials preferring dogs to kids.

Again, it all depends on the country you are from. If you are from a war torn country, then for sure US is better.

I am taking India example as people strongly believe that Indians are taking the jobs.

Healthcare is another problematic area.
Health issues that are fixed in a week in India could take years and even bankrupt you here.

I am glad I moved here...no doubt.
What you are missing is the bigger picture.

I am not saying that India is great.......just that both India and US are pretty average countries.

India is pretty bad for personal growth.
Since the society works against you if you want to do anything different.

Last edited by crazyforger; 09-21-2019 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-21-2019, 11:23 AM

19,777 posts, read 18,064,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
If you were poor or not treated well back home, I agree.
But even the wealthy and well settled families are moving here.

In terms of money and individual growth...yes it's an upgrade.
In terms of family..... don't think so.

Also we shouldn't forget that as far as software guys from India is concerned, US is giving them opportunities as they were already educated back in India.

Lot of people did their bachelor's for less than 1000$ due to government subsidies on education.

If you are poor in America, the odds are stacked against you
https://youtu.be/ydca1wzlheg

US isn't great if one wants to start a family.
This is the reason as to why you see millennials preferring dogs to kids.

Again, it all depends on the country you are from. If you are from a war torn country, then for sure US is better.

I am taking India example as people strongly believe that Indians are taking the jobs.

Healthcare is another problematic area.
Health issues that are fixed in a week in India could take years and even bankrupt you here.

I am glad I moved here...no doubt.
What you are missing is the bigger picture.

I am not saying that India is great.......just that both India and US are pretty average countries.

India is pretty bad for personal growth.
Since the society works against you if you want to do anything different.

Man you are just lost. Do you really expect anyone with a lick of sense about the world to buy any of that?

Overall healthcare/health in India is a DISASTER.
*Not quite 50% of Indian children are underweight.
*India, unless the Chinese are lying, leads the world in the number of people suffering from WHO's definition of stunted growth.
*Infant mortality in India is worse than Syria , Guyana or The Gaza Strip - think about that for a second.
*I read in Stratfor or maybe The Economist that 200,000,000 people in India haven't seen a MD of any kind in at least 10 years. Many have never seen a doctor. Scores of millions are more than a days travel to the nearest legitimate medical clinic.
* Huge swaths of the India population have no or extremely limited access to drugs/medical needs Americans can find easily - statins, albuterol, safe blood supplies and on and on.
* India funds practically zero medical research.
*India has tens of thousands of miles of open pit street level sanitary sewers leading to water supplies in most cases.
*Storm sewers in The US have lower bacteria and virus counts than large portions of The Ganges and other Indian waterways - that Indians drink from by the hundreds of millions.

And you'd lecture Americans about medical/health notions that need to be fixed. Wow.

It's ironic bordering on "tirggering" that a guy from a country that can't really shake the caste system would bash The US about anything related to social and income mobility. Again wow.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Man you are just lost. Do you really expect anyone with a lick of sense about the world to buy any of that?

Overall healthcare/health in India is a DISASTER.
*Not quite 50% of Indian children are underweight.
*India, unless the Chinese are lying, leads the world in the number of people suffering from WHO's definition of stunted growth.
*Infant mortality in India is worse than Syria , Guyana or The Gaza Strip - think about that for a second.
*I read in Stratfor or maybe The Economist that 200,000,000 people in India haven't seen a MD of any kind in at least 10 years. Many have never seen a doctor. Scores of millions are more than a days travel to the nearest legitimate medical clinic.
* Huge swaths of the India population have no or extremely limited access to drugs/medical needs Americans can find easily - statins, albuterol, safe blood supplies and on and on.
* India funds practically zero medical research.
*India has tens of thousands of miles of open pit street level sanitary sewers leading to water supplies in most cases.
*Storm sewers in The US have lower bacteria and virus counts than large portions of The Ganges and other Indian waterways - that Indians drink from by the hundreds of millions.

And you'd lecture Americans about medical/health notions that need to be fixed. Wow.

It's ironic bordering on "tirggering" that a guy from a country that can't really shake the caste system would bash The US about anything related to social and income mobility. Again wow.
You didn't get my point.
Being insecure in accepting the truth won't help anyone.

All this chest thumping over man made borders is the reason for a lot of suffering.

US is not your country and India isn't mine.

World's oldest civilization says that the world is your family. So, unless you think beyond borders, someone sitting at the top would always screw us.

Fyi, one shouldn't be narrow-minded and think from his standpoint.
US got it's independence in 1700s while India in 1900s.

US still had slavery 70 years after independence.
Also US doesn't have countries like Pakistan or China
As it's neighbors.

And when we are talking about an immigrants standpoint, he doesn't belong to the malnourished population.

Also, by taking in the doctors(look at how many doctors in US are Indians....quite a lot) from India, is US helping the malnourished in India?

See how deep it goes?

Only answer to all this is for people to think beyond borders. Since majority of Americans as well as Indians or the matter of fact 95 pct is world's population is narrow minded, most of the countries are average to below average.

Since you know that India is malnourished, impoverished nation, what are you doing about it?
Isn't it your responsibility as well as a fellow human?

Look at Bill Gates or any other learned people who think beyond borders and are doing something about it.

I would suggest you to move to Asia if you want to come out of your bubble.

Last edited by crazyforger; 09-21-2019 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-21-2019, 03:17 PM

19,777 posts, read 18,064,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
You didn't get my point.
Being insecure in accepting the truth won't help anyone.

All this chest thumping over man made borders is the reason for a lot of suffering.

US is not your country and India isn't mine.

World's oldest civilization says that the world is your family. So, unless you think beyond borders, someone sitting at the top would always screw us.

Fyi, one shouldn't be narrow-minded and think from his standpoint.
US got it's independence in 1700s while India in 1900s.

US still had slavery 70 years after independence.
Also US doesn't have countries like Pakistan or China
As it's neighbors.

And when we are talking about an immigrants standpoint, he doesn't belong to the malnourished population.

Also, by taking in the doctors(look at how many doctors in US are Indians....quite a lot) from India, is US helping the malnourished in India?

See how deep it goes?

Only answer to all this is for people to think beyond borders. Since majority of Americans as well as Indians or the matter of fact 95 pct is world's population is narrow minded, most of the countries are average to below average.

Since you know that India is malnourished, impoverished nation, what are you doing about it?
Isn't it your responsibility as well as a fellow human?

Look at Bill Gates or any other learned people who think beyond borders and are doing something about it.

I would suggest you to move to Asia if you want to come out of your bubble.

You are flailing.

One of the three people on Earth I consider best friends is a local cardiologist from Kashmir. He wouldn't allow his kids to visit India at all until they were adults. Too much blaming the CIA for plague outbreaks and the like.

The person in this thread who is the most fact deficient and narrow minded is you - and by a lot.

So far as doctors my son is one, his wife is one, a niece is one and my daughter is in medical school.

Likely we should think beyond borders more. But don't you dare be here, reap the spoils and bash the country when your country is falling apart relatively.

The better question is what are you doing to help things in India other than spinning fiction about The US?

Old 09-21-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You are flailing.

One of the three people on Earth I consider best friends is a local cardiologist from Kashmir. He wouldn't allow his kids to visit India at all until they were adults. Too much blaming the CIA for plague outbreaks and the like.

The person in this thread who is the most fact deficient and narrow minded is you - and by a lot.

So far as doctors my son is one, his wife is one, a niece is one and my daughter is in medical school.

Likely we should think beyond borders more. But don't you dare be here, reap the spoils and bash the country when your country is falling apart relatively.

The better question is what are you doing to help things in India other than spinning fiction about The US?
:Facepalm:

You are acting out of emotion and bias rathar than logic.
No use continuing the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: