Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2020, 02:19 PM

1,042 posts, read 880,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
You introduced a 40 year old work of fiction as something pertinent to an infectious disease event. Nothing of what I have stated is gibberish, while your fear-mongering Infowars approach is literally the closest thing to nonsense since the last time you posted.

Please, for the love of humanity, just stop.

Agreed.

It all comes off as a tin-foil hat, luddite way of attempting to understand.

Put down the bottle Mary.

Old 03-07-2020, 02:55 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,764 posts, read 58,190,820 times
Not SCARED.... Fly a few times / week + worked 30 yrs in Asia (swine flu, SARS...).

But... I'm currently stuck in the USA, and not old enough for Medicare coverage.

So... I am not confident the USA can medically handle this.

USA is the least tested of all infected nation's (by a huge margin... ~200* less tested).

I would feel a lot more confident if I were in Asia (Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia preferred). Even China at this point is far more effective than USA at being informed and treatment. USA bogus HC system is not ready to be tested.

USA is Last place... (As usual)
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...id-19-testing/

Old 03-07-2020, 07:48 PM

198 posts, read 175,737 times
Only treatment for this virus is symptomatic treatment.
The new case today in China are 44 only , so it shows that it can be controlled. Recovery rate is also increasing.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:50 PM

630 posts, read 659,944 times
all those who think it’s “fake news” should start washing their hands and stop reading conspiracy nonsense...

https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebras...15ec94873.html

Old 03-08-2020, 11:53 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,086,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Joseph View Post
Yes, I'm scared but here I have some tips which will you help to get away from coronavirus
Wash your hands after every 20 minutes and keep wearing a mask whenever you are going outside and have a hand sanitizer and apply it whenever you touch anything. Fact: Cause coronavirus bacteria to live for one day. So make sure use hand sanitizer when you are outside |
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/com...nches-new-look
What I want to know is, why was this woman allowed to board the plane back to the US? I've read elsewhere that she already had a fever when she boarded the plane in the U.K. So she exposed everyone on the plane! The way this is being handed is like a Three Stooges skit.

This linked article tries really hard to put a positive spin on things. The woman was traveling with her father, so her father is exposed. That means two tracks they have to follow.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:18 PM

19,886 posts, read 18,170,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Joseph View Post
Yes, I'm scared but here I have some tips which will you help to get away from coronavirus
Wash your hands after every 20 minutes and keep wearing a mask whenever you are going outside and have a hand sanitizer and apply it whenever you touch anything. Fact: Cause coronavirus bacteria to live for one day. So make sure use hand sanitizer when you are outside |
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/com...nches-new-look
“Coronavirus bacteria”, that makes for quite the convincing thesis.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:22 PM

8,156 posts, read 8,378,338 times
It has to be a bit unnerving for those employed in high volume contacts with others. We returned from Cabo, MX last night and admittedly we were among a very scarce few wearing masks at the airport. We are 70 year old so just being careful in high volume places with international travelers. In LAS and LAX, I didn’t see any workers wearing masks. But in Mexico the majority of airline employees did have masks on.

However, this worker at our local Costco is doing her best to avoid penetration of germs/virus in her system. Taken at my Costco near Las Vegas (which has run out of toilet paper and water)
Attached Thumbnails
Corona Virus--- How scared are you-e62a5598-d2a7-47ee-9388-060706dae54f.jpeg  

Old 03-08-2020, 12:23 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,681,646 times
At this point, I plan to behave as if I have already been exposed to the thing, and now try to avoid, as much as possible, passing it on to others.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:31 PM

1,514 posts, read 893,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Not SCARED.... Fly a few times / week + worked 30 yrs in Asia (swine flu, SARS...).

But... I'm currently stuck in the USA, and not old enough for Medicare coverage.

So... I am not confident the USA can medically handle this.

USA is the least tested of all infected nation's (by a huge margin... ~200* less tested).

I would feel a lot more confident if I were in Asia (Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia preferred). Even China at this point is far more effective than USA at being informed and treatment. USA bogus HC system is not ready to be tested.

USA is Last place... (As usual)
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...id-19-testing/
So you mean you are not confident in the United States in regards to its lucrative for profit healthcare system with the most expensive healthcare in the world, among the worst medical outcomes in the world, among the highest of percentage of people without healthcare coverage, where millions choose not to go to the doctor because they can't afford it, where it is largely capitalistic profit over everything?! No!.... Im sure you are only among just a few that feels this way....

Old 03-08-2020, 02:15 PM

1,159 posts, read 622,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I have twins who have medical issues that do have impact in their daily lives. One has respiratory issues that landed him more than once in the hospital with dangerously low blood O2 levels.

So yeh... I'm scared.
But it doesn't Kill kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas