Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2020, 11:35 AM

102 posts, read 60,965 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My doggie has ugly warts growing all over her. At first the didn't seem to aggravate her, but they seem to now. I took her to a local vet who said they were benign. He offered to do the work and seems reasonable and competent. However I'm not sure. I don't think he has anybody staying overnight and I think an overnight stay after the surgery might really be needed. I worry the post surgical pain will be worse than the warts themselves.

So any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated. TIA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 01:14 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,187 times
I used Forney Animal Hospital to have a surgery for my Boxer. Have been using them for years. Great quality.

https://vcahospitals.com/forney

Old 02-26-2020, 08:26 AM

102 posts, read 60,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
I used Forney Animal Hospital to have a surgery for my Boxer. Have been using them for years. Great quality.

https://vcahospitals.com/forney
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will check them out.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:49 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Preston Royal Animal Clinic. I'm sure Dr. Cameron has retired by now, unfortunately.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:59 AM

565 posts, read 558,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasDude View Post
Hi All,
However I'm not sure. I don't think he has anybody staying overnight and I think an overnight stay after the surgery might really be needed. I worry the post surgical pain will be worse than the warts themselves.
I asked my sister who has been in vet medicine for 20 years. She said since it's a routine day procedure that's non invasive almost every clinic won't keep your dog. No need for it unnless your dog for some reason already has some really bad health issues leading up to this.

She said a legitimate place that has a experienced doctor and actual vet technicains monitoring anesthesia/assisting with breathing versus some cheaper places will just have vet assistants that literally just hold the dog down and that's really it will charge somewhere in the $500-650 range

Old 02-27-2020, 05:07 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Sounds routine but we have had three small dogs and use VCA on Custer near SH121 for complicated matters. Dr Bronsted there is an internal medicine vet well respected in the vet world. He is treating my 5lb 8 year old Russian Bichon (Bolonka) who has had liver shunts her entire life and she is thriving on the regiment he has us on. The diagnostics provided to determine why her living enzymes were elevated included an MRI at the imaging center in Irving. We lost our 10 year old 10 lb Italian Bichon (Bolognese) who was well diagnosed by Dr Bronsted. We opted not to operate given her condition and lost her. This same dog had eye lid surgery at an eye surgeon vet located next door to this VCA facility which was successful a few years back so if more complicated than it sounds lke your situation is, I go to Dr Bronstad for answers and referrals

Old 02-27-2020, 08:50 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Sounds routine but we have had three small dogs and use VCA on Custer near SH121 for complicated matters. Dr Bronsted there is an internal medicine vet well respected in the vet world. He is treating my 5lb 8 year old Russian Bichon (Bolonka) who has had liver shunts her entire life and she is thriving on the regiment he has us on. The diagnostics provided to determine why her living enzymes were elevated included an MRI at the imaging center in Irving. We lost our 10 year old 10 lb Italian Bichon (Bolognese) who was well diagnosed by Dr Bronsted. We opted not to operate given her condition and lost her. This same dog had eye lid surgery at an eye surgeon vet located next door to this VCA facility which was successful a few years back so if more complicated than it sounds lke your situation is, I go to Dr Bronstad for answers and referrals
https://www.google.com/search?client...02d08f42d62c,1,,,

Crummy reviews.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:09 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,536,107 times
We have had many old dogs with warts that never needed to be removed. However, spent lots of money on other surgeries.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,778,433 times
If you’re still in E Dallas I would try Hillside Vet. They’re great (we go there as our regular vet). And they’re a 24/7 operation so there will always be someone there. In case this wasn’t obvious, you won’t pay emergency vet prices just because they are open round the clock. You’d pay a price in line with a routine surgery if it’s scheduled in advance.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:11 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
My experience with a vet who is still at this VCA was excellent. I was referred to himy by my routine care vet who has retired, My pets are small dogs, I have found not all vets are adapt at adjusting treatment and meds to 5 and 10 lb dogs.

I can not speak to others experience or other types of pets.

I also like my new routine care Vet, Dr Maxwell North Tollway Vet. He has brought in two new vets that one of which did a teeth cleaning on my other 10 lb dog which went good.

I am biased in favor of Texas Aggie vet school grads when I do not know anything about vets to chose.

Keep us posted OP, wishing you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: