Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 10:37 AM

123 posts, read 173,644 times

Advertisements

Surge in Singapore? That means hot weather may not be effective to stop the spread of the virus, which is bad...
QUOTE=CDContribuitor;57888031]This is counter-intuitive in my opinion. We need contact tracing precisely in cities (not necessarily the complete state) which has a hub airport that receives both domestic and international travelers.

Also, Singapore seems to have a surge again within immigrant communities, who live in cramped, close proximity and where no ample testing was carried out during the first wave.

So, i think we need contact tracing apparatus setup for cities with heavy traffic airports and communities with dense population.[/quote]

Old 04-19-2020, 11:14 AM

8,349 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
Surge in Singapore? That means hot weather may not be effective to stop the spread of the virus, which is bad...
QUOTE=CDContribuitor;57888031]This is counter-intuitive in my opinion. We need contact tracing precisely in cities (not necessarily the complete state) which has a hub airport that receives both domestic and international travelers.

Also, Singapore seems to have a surge again within immigrant communities, who live in cramped, close proximity and where no ample testing was carried out during the first wave.

So, i think we need contact tracing apparatus setup for cities with heavy traffic airports and communities with dense population.
[/quote]

Crappy rhetoric is really our enemy.

A surge in Singapore is not the same as a surge in the US. Singapore got 5,000 new cases in a one month period of which most were in a camp of migrant workers. By contrast, Michigan got that many new cases in a 72 hour period.

Not the same thing.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:15 AM

516 posts, read 451,109 times
Dallas County has the highest number of cases in DFW. Therefore, they are taken more measures to flatten the curve. No one is forcing you to wear a mask. Dallas County will not fine you or arrest you if you don't. Residents of Dallas County have been asked to not travel to other counties right now to prevent spreading the virus unless necessary. Let's keep it contained in Dallas County as much as possible. Collin County does not welcome you.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:55 AM

932 posts, read 543,590 times
Get groceries for 3-4 weeks.

I see people going to groceries every week.

Last time we went, we saw a family of 5 (with a 3 year old touching everything) at the grocery store lol

Old 04-19-2020, 12:05 PM

451 posts, read 320,386 times
The feeling is mutual.

I did not mean my comments to be rhetoric. I am just stating that if the contact tracing for the states mentioned are being done through federal resources, those resources could be better used at other places like Dallas or Detroit, which has a hub airport and are much more dense.

Quote:
Crappy rhetoric is really our enemy.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:10 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,157,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
Get groceries for 3-4 weeks.

I see people going to groceries every week.

Last time we went, we saw a family of 5 (with a 3 year old touching everything) at the grocery store lol
Who could have possibly seen you proclaiming that the sky is falling over a single anecdote.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:12 PM

451 posts, read 320,386 times
Do not agree with your conclusion there.. I still think warmer temperatures are helping states like Texas and even Singapore, contain the virus. Singapore reference was only to highlight the density aspect of their immigrant community, where the recent surge has been attributed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post

So, i think we need contact tracing apparatus setup for cities with heavy traffic airports and communities with dense population.
[/quote]

Old 04-19-2020, 12:20 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,460,702 times
More people are wearing masks in Collin County, but many people still aren't. I haven't noticed nasty looks, etc. toward people without masks.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:27 PM

8,349 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
The feeling is mutual.

I did not mean my comments to be rhetoric. I am just stating that if the contact tracing for the states mentioned are being done through federal resources, those resources could be better used at other places like Dallas or Detroit, which has a hub airport and are much more dense.
Fair. I get that it happens to the best of us.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Wearing any type of mask helps prevent the spread. Dozens of people are carrying the. Iris and have no idea. This is why you are being asked to wear one. What’s the big deal anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas