Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 03:26 PM

240 posts, read 209,485 times

Advertisements

Republicans appear to be for local control until they’re not.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:33 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
1. I'm a lot of things but crazy isn't one of them.
2. If the pros tell me a covid booster or an annual shot as per the flu is required - I'm in.
3. Your intransigence and willful ignorance will put our rights in more peril than me taking a shot.
4. We don't live in NY.
My comment still stands. The problem is when regular people question nothing and believe everything that the “scientists” say. They’ve been wrong the entire time. What gives them any credibility? They also covered up the fact that this virus was manmade in a lab. That was another thing that the propagandist media tried to discredit.

NYC is a precursor to what the left is trying to do nationally. That’s the point.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:38 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
The problem is when regular people question nothing and believe everything that the “scientists” say. They’ve been wrong the entire time. What gives them any credibility? They also covered up the fact that this virus was manmade in a lab. That was another thing that the propagandist media tried to discredit.

NYC is a precursor to what the left is trying to do nationally. That’s the point.

"You cannot reason someone out of something he or she was not reasoned into."

- Jonathan Swift

Old 08-06-2021, 03:38 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
That's a solid couple of posts.

What we know is vaccine skeptics are almost exclusively driving a really scary increase in covid hospitalizations locally........Parkland reopened it's sequestered covid area and declared an emergency yesterday. A few weeks ago Parkland had ~15 covid patients, yesterday 88 and they expect that number may double in a few days. An uptick in deaths will follow.

Since Feb. fewer than a dozen Parkland covid patents were previously vaccinated. Roughly 3,000 were not. The math is stark, undeniable and we are about to all pay a very heavy price for the intellectual intransigence of about half of our brother and sister Texans.

My personal favorite is the shortwave radio and internet trope claiming that mRNA vaccines are really gene altering therapies.
Yeah, locally I think we already exceeded the number of hospitalizations during previous surge, which is crazy. And it literally happened in just about a month

Old 08-06-2021, 03:49 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,444,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
Sick people do not have a right to infect other people, but I'm not sure you are entitled to demand a presumably healthy person to go extra miles just to make you feel relieved. It's like saying everyone should be locked in jail because people do not have a right to harm other people.

What's your opinions on AIDS patients by the way? They are confirmed to be infectious. Should they be registered in a public database and locked somewhere for public safety? In 2009 Obama Lifts a 22-year ban on entry into U.S. by H.I.V.-positive people. You like it?
Lord that was a stupid analogy. You are seriously comparing AIDS to covid???

Old 08-06-2021, 03:57 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Let me make myself clear, I’m not trying to attack anyone…if I came off that way, I apologize. But since I subscribe to no party…I don’t play to only one ideology. What I see taking place in America isn’t right. No party should try to force anything when it comes to my body/health or my individual rights.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:00 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
You said it so I didn’t have to.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:24 PM

578 posts, read 479,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
What's the difference? It's all about personal rights and public health.

Now you dare to ask 300 million people in US to wear masks and get vaxxed so that you can feel safer.
Have you ever raised your eyebrow in 2009 when Obama demolished AIDS testings on the border?

Why? Is one virus politically superior than another one?

Old 08-06-2021, 07:58 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
What's the difference? It's all about personal rights and public health.

Now you dare to ask 300 million people in US to wear masks and get vaxxed so that you can feel safer.
Have you ever raised your eyebrow in 2009 when Obama demolished AIDS testings on the border?

Why? Is one virus politically superior than another one?
One is an intimate contact virus and the other is airborne.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:18 PM

578 posts, read 479,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
One is an intimate contact virus and the other is airborne.
There is no cure or vaccine for HIV, and it has a much higher death rate than Covid. Do you want to assign an adversity/diversity score for each virus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas