Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,342 times

Advertisements

We just found out that we're pregnant! But I don't know anything about the hospitals in the area. For my last (and only) child, I had a female OBGYN who was wonderful. We've moved to Grand Prairie since then, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for someone who might be open to more natural childbirth options? (I would still prefer a female OBGYN if anyone has recommendations) Also, I've heard many horror stories about hospitals in this area, and I'm hoping someone can send maybe some positive advice my way? I really appreciate your time.

Last edited by wolf0707; 10-31-2008 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Edited to add preference for another female OBGYN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 10:08 AM

367 posts, read 1,023,514 times
I am new to the area as well. My husband and I have always used Baylor-Dallas. I'm really not too sure about the other hospitals. My husband is from this area and like Presbyterian hospital. I think it is more personal preference.
Good luck and congratulations! I am looking for a church at the moment.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:42 PM

3 posts, read 13,700 times
Is there anyway I could email one of you? Do you both live in Grand Prairie? My husband and I are moving to Texas in six months and have considered Grand Prairie, but don't know anything about the area, only that we could get into a newer home for cheaper than in irving or plano. Also, we don't want a long commute into Downtown Dallas, because my husband will be working at Parkland Hospital. If you get this, please let me know what you think about Grand Prairie. Thanks a bunch.

Moderator Note: Please correspond by Direct Message (DM) and for your own safety, do not post your email address within these forums. Per ToS, "It is a bad idea to post your email address or to make it public without scrambling it somehow - there are web crawlers gathering email address for spammers."

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-12-2008 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,514 times
you are welcome to Moderator cut: email address removed - send DM please.

I am new to the area and after looking around, settled on grand prairie. While there are some iffy areas (like every other area in the usa), there are some nice places to live.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-12-2008 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: removed email address

Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 AM

22 posts, read 86,881 times
Are you open to a Midwife? I am currently seeing Jane Singer and Lindsey Stephens at Women's Health Associates (at Baylor Dallas). If you are seeking out a natural childbirth, I've heard Baylor is THE place to go (I live in Keller and will be delivering there).

If you aren't up for a midwife, I have heard good things about Dr. Sandra Brothers, Dr. Crochet, Dr. Lawson and Dr. Audrey Graham (you can get all of there phone numbers on the Baylor website).

Good luck!!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 10,104 times
Khartley, I just made my first appt w/ the midwives @ Baylor. Have you delivered there before? I really want a waterbirth. When are you due?

Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,008 times
I don't know if you'd be willing to go to Las Colinas, but I had my first child at the Las Colinas Medical Center and had a wonderful experience. My doctor was a female- Shelly Bruce-Ramos. Not sure if she still practices in the area, but at least for the hospital, that would absolutely be my first choice. The rooms were pleasant, huge, well-appointed, the care was great, just great all around. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:10 PM

22 posts, read 86,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth9999 View Post
Khartley, I just made my first appt w/ the midwives @ Baylor. Have you delivered there before? I really want a waterbirth. When are you due?
I haven't birthed there before, but am due Feb 8th! I really wanted to use a birth center, but it just didn't come together. I have read NOTHING but awesome things about Lindsey and Jane in the delivery room-and from my appointments they all seem true. They will work their butts off to get you the birth experience you want, and the OBs in the practice really seem to have a high opinion of them (which is huge to me-some don't exactly think midwives are useful).

The hospital will let you bring rent and bring in a birthing tub, and are really supportive and welcoming of doulas if you want to have one. Apparently, if you tell them that you're hoping for a natural birth and change your mind you really have to beg the nurses and staff for medication because they are that supportive of NCB.

I'll send you a PM when I have my baby and let you know how the firsthand experience was if you'd like. I can't believe I'm so excited about a hospital

Good luck and I hope you love Lindsey and Jane!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 10,104 times
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Yes, any feedback about the info will be great, esp since I am due in August and this will give me time to make any changes if need be. Good luck w/ your little one!!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,538 times
Default Please Help

We are moving to Keller, Texas in May from Indianapolis, Indiana and I am due in June! (scary, I know) This is my first child and would love to find a great female OBGYN who delivers at a good hospital in the area! Please help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas