Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times

Advertisements

I always say thank you and have been thanked for holding doors (this happens a lot at the double-door entrance of our gym, which we regularly frequent), and I supposedly live in one of the snootiest parts of town.

I think the op needs to go up to NYC and then decide if he really thinks Dallas is rude...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,479,589 times
Hey!!

Who is dissing on my rude driving????

Well...eat my dust as I saunter through that door you just opened for me. (action move....hair flip).
(Why is there no hair flip emoticon...not fair!!!)

Old 06-17-2009, 09:16 AM

OMG, pepper! I totally knew it was you that cut me off, stopped, ran over my dog, hair-flipped, ran over the valet, clubbed a baby seal, and then didn't thank me for holding the door and bowing when you walked into Neiman's...beeyowtch!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
ROTFL!!! Good one. Thanks.

Now, let's put this study in perspective shall we. Most of the people and this includes those that drive that live in the Dallas Metroplex are NOT FROM DALLAS OR TEXAS. A good many are not even from the U.S. of A. So throw a couple million people into a metro area with a more "sophisticated" road system than where many of them came from and they all have a different "driving style" and your going to think there are a lot of "bad" drivers. People coming here from countries w/ no driving courses to teach them and no real traffic laws don't help and we have PLENTY of people like that on our streets. Get a couple million people coming here from places like NYC or Chicago that NEVER DROVE EVER before they moved here and it gets even funnier. Don't believe me these people exist here then just read thru some of the threads and it is pretty obvious. There is always someone posting about moving here and they don't have a car and never have had one. We can't forget the people that move here from Florida or California either. MAN! I'm sorry but the worst drivers I've EVER experienced were in South Florida and California. CRAZY, just scary crazy. The Miami area drivers being probably the worst offenders .

So there you have it. Next time anyone here starts complaining with their buddies about the bad or rude drivers you should start taking account of where everyone is from that is complaining. If 10 of you are standing around the water cooler and complaining about the drivers and 9 out of 10 of you are from somewhere other than Texas or Dallas.......... guess what? It is probably a pretty safe bet to assume that the same ratio applies to the people out on the roads. 9 out of 10 of them are not "Dallasites" or "Texans". So the next time you say that "drivers from Dallas are bad"....... remember, most of them are NOT from here.
I love the driving discussions because my hubby has, on several occasions, remarked that driver's are "crazy" in 1) Dallas and 2) here in SoCal. Well, since I learned to drive in Dallas and then we moved straight to SoCal, I have no idea what the heck he's talking about. What other way to drive is there?!?!?! Seriously, on the CA forums people are always mentioning or inquiring about the crazy drivers and I have to say "As one of the crazy drivers you will probably hate, I apologize in advance". But let me just say that I have never once, ever, in all of my days, gotten into a single car accident. Ever. Maybe there's something to this 'crazy' driving style....

Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Hey!!

Who is dissing on my rude driving????

Well...eat my dust as I saunter through that door you just opened for me. (action move....hair flip).
(Why is there no hair flip emoticon...not fair!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
OMG, pepper! I totally knew it was you that cut me off, stopped, ran over my dog, hair-flipped, ran over the valet, clubbed a baby seal, and then didn't thank me for holding the door and bowing when you walked into Neiman's...beeyowtch!

Pepper, if that was you yesterday on the Dallas North Tollway doing sign language in the big black Ford truck w/ the brush guard on the front............. get over it. I'm only going to drive my foreign luxury car so fast when I have my little lap dog with me. I'd have flipped you off back but my hands were full. Starbucks overfilled my Latte and I had on my new white outfit from Neiman's and I'd just gotten my nails done. Add the fact I was still a little pissed that the fat ahole coming into Starbucks in front of me did NOT hold the door open for me either when it was obviously evident I AM a Diva Thank goodness the valet saw and ran to my aid while tripping that slow moving granny in a walker. She should have just gotten out of the way in the first place.

Warning, today I will be out driving my other foreign luxury car that is made for speed so get the heck out of my way. My top will be down and my long beautiful (thanks to T&G) blonde hair will be flowing wildly in the wind so I just won't see the other drivers. So move over or get off the road.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:27 AM

I know! It's like those barristas at Starbucks have never tried to get coffee out of Gucci!
Shya, even!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 AM

346 posts, read 730,454 times
Uh oh, if I move to Dallas, I was going to learn how to drive officially. I didn't in SoCal, because the drivers were crazy.
Interesting how the cities with bad public trans are the ones with the craziest drivers, no fair!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Uh oh, if I move to Dallas, I was going to learn how to drive officially. I didn't in SoCal, because the drivers were crazy.
Interesting how the cities with bad public trans are the ones with the craziest drivers, no fair!
It's really not that bad...there are some people (ahem, me) who are going to get cheezed if you are going 55 mph in the left lane, but overall not as bad as many places I have driven.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I always say thank you and have been thanked for holding doors (this happens a lot at the double-door entrance of our gym, which we regularly frequent), and I supposedly live in one of the snootiest parts of town.

I think the op needs to go up to NYC and then decide if he really thinks Dallas is rude...
I too always say thank you and have had people thank me as well. Of course Dallas isn't what it was 25 or so years ago, big business has moved in, the mid sized city has become one of the largest in the country and people are in a hurry all the time. Welcome to the world of the metro area. This doesn't mean Dallas isn't a friendly city. Like you, I think the OP needs to get around a little more.

Nita

Old 06-17-2009, 09:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
I love the driving discussions because my hubby has, on several occasions, remarked that driver's are "crazy" in 1) Dallas and 2) here in SoCal. Well, since I learned to drive in Dallas and then we moved straight to SoCal, I have no idea what the heck he's talking about. What other way to drive is there?!?!?! Seriously, on the CA forums people are always mentioning or inquiring about the crazy drivers and I have to say "As one of the crazy drivers you will probably hate, I apologize in advance". But let me just say that I have never once, ever, in all of my days, gotten into a single car accident. Ever. Maybe there's something to this 'crazy' driving style....
wanted to rep you for the post, they said I have to be more generous and spread it around.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas