Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 16,414 times

Advertisements

Does anyone knows about this neighborhood? Toll brother is building Chateaus of Coppell on the intersection of Denton Tap and Bethel.

We are looking to buy home in Coppell. Most of existing homes are built pre 2000 and need some remodeling before you move in.

I heard Toll has good reputation for quality? is that entirely true?

i'm not sure what's the right price range to target because there are so many pricing structures depending on which lot and model you select. also i'm not sure what's the right price/sqft in Coppell in this market.

one of my colleague bought home in this community for around 580+ with few upgrades. area is 4000 odd. could this be a bargain considering there are million $ homes in the neighboring communities (not to mention they are pre 2003 built)

thanks in advance for your responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 03:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX77 View Post
Does anyone knows about this neighborhood? Toll brother is building Chateaus of Coppell on the intersection of Denton Tap and Bethel.

We are looking to buy home in Coppell. Most of existing homes are built pre 2000 and need some remodeling before you move in.

I heard Toll has good reputation for quality? is that entirely true?

i'm not sure what's the right price range to target because there are so many pricing structures depending on which lot and model you select. also i'm not sure what's the right price/sqft in Coppell in this market.

one of my colleague bought home in this community for around 580+ with few upgrades. area is 4000 odd. could this be a bargain considering there are million $ homes in the neighboring communities (not to mention they are pre 2003 built)

thanks in advance for your responses!
dont' know anything about the sub-division but the area is great, that I do know and what more could anyone want than a home they can afford in Coppell. We missed the boat 20 years ago, had a chance to buy there, didn't and have always regretted it..

Nita

Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 PM

424 posts, read 1,817,373 times
Chateaus of Coppell is a toll brother community that is selling for 500K and up. The houses (2) of them so far that I've seen are beautiful. Toll brothers has a long history of building excellent homes. The CC is along Denton Tap. The only thing you may want to think about is it is next to railroad tracks which would make one wonder if they have made these homes failrly soundproof. There is a beautiful wall around the community which may help with sound (I personally cannot sleep next to trains). One thing to also consider is whether or not coppell has a noise ordinance which does not allow whistle blows after a certain time.

The homes in that area are very expensive, but are tucked back a ways away from the road. Nevertheless, still a great community and a wonderful location. Tolll brothers will not build their home in anything but upscale areas. They hold value well and take value and quality seriously.

I would definately look at this area. Great schools, awesome area (close to farmer's market, etc) and easy commute to just about anywhere. I would highly recommend looking at CC, but remember, Coppell's tax will KILL you; so definately something to consider when you purchase the home.

Good luck with your venture. There is a new David Weekly additioin coming and another builder building huge homes I have not heard of across from Toll brothers addition.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
Chateaus of Coppell is a toll brother community that is selling for 500K and up. The houses (2) of them so far that I've seen are beautiful. Toll brothers has a long history of building excellent homes. The CC is along Denton Tap. The only thing you may want to think about is it is next to railroad tracks which would make one wonder if they have made these homes failrly soundproof. There is a beautiful wall around the community which may help with sound (I personally cannot sleep next to trains). One thing to also consider is whether or not coppell has a noise ordinance which does not allow whistle blows after a certain time.

The homes in that area are very expensive, but are tucked back a ways away from the road. Nevertheless, still a great community and a wonderful location. Tolll brothers will not build their home in anything but upscale areas. They hold value well and take value and quality seriously.

I would definately look at this area. Great schools, awesome area (close to farmer's market, etc) and easy commute to just about anywhere. I would highly recommend looking at CC, but remember, Coppell's tax will KILL you; so definately something to consider when you purchase the home.

Good luck with your venture. There is a new David Weekly additioin coming and another builder building huge homes I have not heard of across from Toll brothers addition.
How so? Just curious.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:15 PM

446 posts, read 1,006,170 times
I'm just incredibly amused at the name...unintentionally ironic.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 PM

424 posts, read 1,817,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
How so? Just curious.
How so...what part are you referring to?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:47 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
How so...what part are you referring to?
How will Coppell's tax kill you?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,414 times
Quote:

Thanks and much appreciate your response. However still wonder is it worth a half million on a home, even if it's in Coppell? i mean is this per sqft rate of 150 justified? it's now days easier to get a bargain in California

Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 PM

108 posts, read 487,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEX77 View Post
Thanks and much appreciate your response. However still wonder is it worth a half million on a home, even if it's in Coppell? i mean is this per sqft rate of 150 justified? it's now days easier to get a bargain in California
At $150 per sq ft, you are paying for the name & the location. I honestly don't feel it's justified but that's real estate. Are you & spouse willing to consider other cities like Carrollton, N. Ft. Worth or Keller?? Carrollton-Farmers Branch, Keller & Northwest ISD are all "Recogonized" school districts. You can get a 4+ bdrms-3.5+ bths with 3,500+ sq ft between $350-$450K.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
Toll Brothers is one of the best builders in DFW. The quality is superior, the floorplans are very well designed to take advantage of natural light or any quality that particular lot may have. They don't slap any floorplan on any lot.

They sold many homes at the Chateaus during their pre-sale phase last year and they didn't even have a presence there. There will be 56 homes in this community.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas