Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:43 PM

346 posts, read 730,815 times

Advertisements

Wasn't this thread already done a few days back? I think the OP needs to do thread searches.
I always thought I'd move to some city, where everyone is super nice and down to earth. I've learned that the snotty plastic people are everywhere, but you can find regular people everywhere too, if you look for them. I am hoping, though, that people are nicer in Dallas than they are in Chicago. Chicago really shocked me with how New Yorkish everyone is (fast-paced, rude, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 03:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Wasn't this thread already done a few days back? I think the OP needs to do thread searches.
I always thought I'd move to some city, where everyone is super nice and down to earth. I've learned that the snotty plastic people are everywhere, but you can find regular people everywhere too, if you look for them. I am hoping, though, that people are nicer in Dallas than they are in Chicago. Chicago really shocked me with how New Yorkish everyone is (fast-paced, rude, etc.).
yep, a similar one, there is always someon that wants to bring up a subject that has been run into to ground already. I think the other one had a little different title.

Nita

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Yep, so true. I'm glad I'm away from there and back in Texas

Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM1111 View Post
People told me when I moved here from Austin that Dallas is pretentious and everyone is in a clique. I found this hard to believe but, three years later it's obvious that that is the reality.
Where do you live?

Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Where do you live?
Lakewood.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Dallas has a lot of rich people. Maybe those are the unfriendly ones.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
He can't get into my clique?

Maybe I should quote Groucho on that subject...

Old 06-29-2009, 05:40 PM

3,804 posts, read 9,324,268 times
No. People who actually have money in Dallas are generally very very nice. It's the ones imitating them that are the problem.

But, on the flipside, go to Austin and tell someone you are from Dallas and LOOKOUT. There is a huge anti-Dallas sentiment among a the homeless-looking faction of Austinites. The more homeless the Austinite looks, the more they consider Dallasites "the Man."

Listen to that douche Charlie Hodge on KLBJ going on about "Johnny Dallas" all the time. It's like Dallas is Austin's older brother who has a job and smacks the knit hat off his stoner-bro (or is it braaa?) that he wears in JULY!

Not to generalize. Dallas has immense douche-pockets. Austin has fantastic people. But the Austinites who prejudge Dallasites can be picked out from 100 yards.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:18 PM

346 posts, read 730,815 times
Ok, where are the douche-pockets, so I know to avoid them. I don't want to be on here in a couple months, starting this kind of thread. :P

Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Austin has major ******-pockets located right in the middle of town at the university, aka: Let's all put on our fake smiles, take money, and pretend we have nothing up our sleeves area of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post

Not to generalize. Dallas has immense douche-pockets. Austin has fantastic people. But the Austinites who prejudge Dallasites can be picked out from 100 yards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas