Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,925 times

Advertisements

I've been watching the forecast on one website and they keep going back and forth between rain and sleet so who knows... They're not predicting that it'll fall below freezing though (at least not at the moment).

The positive is I'm pretty hopeful about it snowing this year. The negative is I was really wanting to go on a long hike this weekend while the leaves are different colors and it doesn't look like the weather is going to permit that. I worry that many of the leaves will fall by next weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 06:09 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,807,211 times
Winter storm warning for the North Texas/Dallas area - freezing rain of 1/10 of an inch and sleet 1-2 inches predicted for Dallas area Sunday morning through Monday midday. Brrrh!!!

See:
Local Winter Storm Warning Alert - Dallas - weather.com

Better get your boots and thermals ready -
- High Cotton, that'd be five pairs of thermals for you to stay warm enough!
-
MiTtM - Not looking good for your Monday a.m.
- And, Kenshi, better get your hike in early today!

And of course, everyone must go to the store and buy all of the milk and bread, got to be prepared, ya know?!?

Do take care, stay safe and warm everyone!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-23-2013 at 07:13 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 06:23 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,839,465 times
Good old Texas winter-time. Get out the Carrharts, the Columbia jackets, and the Sorrells! Oh, how I miss those days.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:55 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
And of course, everyone must go to the store and buy all of the milk and bread, got to be prepared, ya know?!?

Haha…my wife demanded I buy milk, bread, and the stuff to make chili lol

Anyhow, if you don't have to get out in it, don't. People are having a difficult time negotiating traffic during a drizzle…so you can only imagine how their going to handle ice.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Can't do it, at least not the one I was planning. It's too dangerous with the chance for rain or sleet. I think I'll make a shorter one though and check out the one place I wanted to see most.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:12 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Quote:
Winter storm warning for the North Texas/Dallas area - freezing rain of 1/10 of an inch and sleet 1-2 inches predicted for Dallas area Sunday morning through Monday midday. Brrrh!!!

See: Local Winter Storm Warning Alert - Dallas - weather.com

Better get your boots and thermals ready -
- High Cotton, that'd be five pairs of thermals for you to stay warm enough!
- MiTtM - Not looking good for your Monday a.m.

Do take care, stay safe and warm everyone!
I think I may have a touch of frostbite from just thinking about it!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,702 times
When faced with possible frozen precipitation, people all over the US tend to buy the three white consumables plus a gray one:
Milk
Bread
Toilet paper
Kitty litter

FB friends all over report empty shelves of the above at the first snow (or ice) of the season.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:59 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
When faced with possible frozen precipitation, people all over the US tend to buy the three white consumables plus a gray one:
Milk
Bread
Toilet paper
Kitty litter

FB friends all over report empty shelves of the above at the first snow (or ice) of the season.
So what happens when an ice storm hits BEFORE they can get to the store? I've seen unexpected ice storms hit without warning. It got so cold the water in the trees froze and caused them to explode. This created major chaos. I joke about having to run out and buy milk and bread but I think people living in areas prone to these sorta storms should keep 72-hr or more emergency food preps.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:52 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,003,235 times
This always happens, especially in late fall/early winter. Our meteorologists will predict a fairly heavy sleet, snow, freezing rain event and then all we end up with are two drops of water and frigid temperatures.

I was actually looking forward to a sheet of ice with a bit of snow on top. Sometimes it feels like Dallas has a snow-be-gone shield. Seriously, an arctic front with no snow is just a waste....though I do appreciate the opportunity to wear my coats and sweaters.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I was actually looking forward to a sheet of ice with a bit of snow on top.
Glad I wasn't the only one. It's only November though so there's plenty of hope left for a snowy winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas