Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Not really. It's a long story but when I was 26, my 17 year old neighbor had quite a fascination over me and believe it or not, I just found that out from him recently. I thought he was so handsome...actually quite drop-dead gorgeous and mature for 17. So to that 17 year old, he didn't think 26 was old at all.
Yes, I'm sure he thought you were "old"...he was just fasinated by how "mature" you were.

I had the most drop-dead best looking teacher when I was in the 8th grade. I was 13 and I'm guessing she was twice my age. Was she old? Yep! Was I fasinated by her? You doggone tootin' I was! Ummm, wonder what ever happned to her?

Anyway...back to it being hot. It won't be long before the highs will only be in the 80s, then the 70s. That should make a lot of people happy............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:26 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,921 times
It hasnt hit 100 in at least 5-6 days and its been in the high 70's in the mornings. I think we made it over the hump and we are on our way to cooler weather. But I think we have another 5-6 weeks of 90's. Oh and it was pretty hot today.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
It hasnt hit 100 in at least 5-6 days and its been in the high 70's in the mornings. I think we made it over the hump and we are on our way to cooler weather. But I think we have another 5-6 weeks of 90's. Oh and it was pretty hot today.
Have you noticed that oor dew point in the afternoon over the past week or so has been in the high 50s versus the low 60 to mid 60s? When the dew point gets in the 50s it becomes very comfortable. Low 60s is a little humid and high 60s or above is sticky. If you want to see reall sticky air take a look all along the Mississippi River - from 500 miles west of it all the way to the Atlantic ocean. The dew point will be in the 70s. Yuck!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,281,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Have you noticed that oor dew point in the afternoon over the past week or so has been in the high 50s versus the low 60 to mid 60s? When the dew point gets in the 50s it becomes very comfortable. Low 60s is a little humid and high 60s or above is sticky. If you want to see reall sticky air take a look all along the Mississippi River - from 500 miles west of it all the way to the Atlantic ocean. The dew point will be in the 70s. Yuck!
I can't find that anywhere. I checked wunderground and except for yesterday with one time of the day (6:53 p.m.), it was 59. All the other times were listed 60s and 70s and I went back to August 7. Dallas has had many 70 dew points this past week (according the wunderground). I'm sorry to dispute your post, but I try to stick with the facts when I can.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure he thought you were "old"...he was just fasinated by how "mature" you were.

I had the most drop-dead best looking teacher when I was in the 8th grade. I was 13 and I'm guessing she was twice my age. Was she old? Yep! Was I fasinated by her? You doggone tootin' I was! Ummm, wonder what ever happned to her?

Anyway...back to it being hot. It won't be long before the highs will only be in the 80s, then the 70s. That should make a lot of people happy............
According to him, now a very fine grown man, that's not how he perceived the picture. Of course, the age of 13 is different than the ages of 18 or 19...big difference. I used the word fascinated; he actually used another word, but we won't go into that.

The weatherman did say the worst of the heat for us is over and for only mid August, that is good news. This summer, I think June is going to be the killer month so when people say July and August are tough in Texas, I beg to differ with them. I always include May, June, September, and most of October to go along with the uncomfortable months because....well, they are just that........uncomfortable.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:38 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
This summer, I think June is going to be the killer month so when people say July and August are tough in Texas, I beg to differ with them. I always include May, June, September, and most of October to go along with the uncomfortable months because....well, they are just that........uncomfortable.
I always include those months too and sometimes it can start to get hot in April and last well into November.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I always include those months too and sometimes it can start to get hot in April and last well into November.
I agree about April and used to include that, but there is too much controversy about the months when it's hot, so I decided to leave it out to keep down the uproar "just a tad."

I also agree about November and if one really gets down to the nitty-gritty, all the months can have warm or even hot days. Of course, they don't last like the months from May to October. I can deal with that.

I remember once in February, my dad was helping me plant trees and he said to me, "Why did you pick the hottest day of the year to do this?" I said, "It's not supposed to be in the high 90s in February......sorry!!!"

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
I have noticed that. In the mornings it has a been a little higher but there has been a nice breeze. As the day wears on the humidity has been going down considerably and I've even had the convertible out . The dew point right now is 70 but looking at the radar that might be due to the storms/rain that is off to the southwest of the metroplex which I doubt will make it this way. However, since I'm a good 100 miles from that moisture it doesn't feel that humid at all in my area and I would not even guess that the dew point was 70 and humidity at 65 right now. Another reason the humidity is higher in the mornings is the increase in moisture overnight. The dew on the ground means the humidity level is higher but it all burns off once the sun comes up. Which, the sunrise this morning was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Looks as though our temps right now are about normal:
Weather Almanac:
Average High: 95°
Average Low: 75°
Record high/year: 106° (1911)
Record low/year: 62° (1967)
Sunrise: 6:50 AM
Sunset: 8:13 PM

Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
I think that will be sad if some day many years from now when you're gone, your girls won't have any photos of you. In our family, we kind of switch back and forth with the camera and the posing although I'm usually the one behind the camera as well.
Oh, there are pictures of me. Just not many that are downloaded onto my computer. I am the one taking the most pictures though when we are on vacation and such. Heck, there are more pictures of "things" or scenery than there are with anyone in them. I'll take tons of photos of nature or sights. Drives my husband bonkers but I always tell him the one that on the camera that looks "good" is usually the one that is the fuzziest or not centered right once you develop/download them. So yes, I will have 20 pictures of the SAME sunset (time lapse is what I tell him ).

I've got a pic I'll try and post but it does not have a single soul in it but I had to get a pic of this as it was just too funny.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:04 AM

469 posts, read 1,452,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
He'll probably never leave then, hard to ask someone just to up and move when they have family here and it's home. Did you meet him here or in college out of state?
Actually we met while I was living in Michigan, he was there doing some work, and ended up staying about 2 years.
He has agreed to leave Houston, and I am holding him to that.

That Alaska trip sounds pretty good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas