Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 PM

194 posts, read 645,991 times

Advertisements

What do you like?
What do you don't like?
Tell me about local restaurants (Italian, BBQ, Sushi, Pizza)

We are moving there in March and would love to know about the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 05:14 AM

11,867 posts, read 26,914,768 times
Hard 8 BBQ on Bethel is very good! :-)

Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
first one that came to my mind as well...

if you Google map coppell and search for restaurants and stuff--you get all kinds of hits
and there are usually recommendations with them

Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,763,546 times
I've lived in Coppell for 9 years now. I moved here when I was single and had a townhome to myself, am close to work and amenities are close by (mall, restaurants, etc). Coppell is nice because it is centrally located for the most part. Dallas is about 17 miles away, Denton about 19 and FW about 30 miles and the airport is close by which is a huge plus if you travel frequently. I don't know if you have kids but Coppell school district is supposedly good. The highschool recently earned the Silver Award which includes the top 561 high schools in the nation according to US News. With that said, living in Coppell has been good for me. It is quite and crime seems to be low....at least I have never had any issues. The only negative I find is the taxes, which are high. I have to pay Dallas county taxes, which I hate, and Coppell city and school taxes. Also, Coppell police love to give out tickets so don't speed or run a red light but all in all, they are pretty visible in the city which makes me feel safer. Now that I am married, my husband and I are about to sell our place and move out of Coppell since he got a job elsewhere. We are looking for a difference pace of life, it is too much of a "rat race" here and we don't want our kids to go to a big school but this is just our preference, doesn't mean that you won't like Coppell.

The restaurants I can think of are Anamia's Mexican (best chicken tortilla soup on the planet!) and Paulio's Pizza but there are other ones in Coppell as well as Lewisville.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:06 PM

155 posts, read 502,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eversonsc View Post
What do you like?
What do you don't like?
Tell me about local restaurants (Italian, BBQ, Sushi, Pizza)

We are moving there in March and would love to know about the area.
I'll echo some of the other comments. Central location, schools, smaller town feel close to Dallas, Andy Brown Park, and family focus are a few of the pros that come to mind. The biggest con for me is lack of restaurants and retail in Coppell proper. Lewisville, Grapevine and Las Colinas are close but it would be great to have more choices in the city. I'll second Hard 8 and Anamia's. I haven't been to Daddy Jack's but I've heard good things. J. Maclin's is pretty good and there is a new Italian place opening at Sandy Lake and Denton Tap.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:11 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,565,028 times
Good restaurants:
iFratelli Pizza
Palios Pizza
Anamias
7 Salsas
The Local Diner

Pros:
Real community feel
good schools

Cons:
No backyards
High Taxas

Overall, I like the area, and know quite a few people who grew up there and refuse to ever move

Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 40,279 times
I've worked in Coppell for some time. Thought about moving there. Homes are nice but taxes are quite high. Schools are good. What kept me away was the Coppell police. I got one ticket in 30 years before working in Coppell then 2 in one year in Coppell. Everyone I work with gets tickets here. I just didn't want to live in a police state. I've never seen so many cops hiding out to give tickets for any imagined violation.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 AM

164 posts, read 502,826 times
Someone mentioned taxes in Coppell. What is the tax rate in Coppell? Isn't Coppell part of Dallas county? Isn't every city in Dallas County taxed equally?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 PM

937 posts, read 2,909,340 times
Every city in Dallas county does not have the same tax rate. The Dallas county tax rate is the same but the city tax rates are different. There are also other components of the tax rate that can also be different such as the ISD tax. Also the homestead exemption amounts can be different for the city tax rate as well. From what I recall Coppell has relatively high city taxes.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 PM

137 posts, read 372,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south carolina View Post
I've worked in Coppell for some time. Thought about moving there. Homes are nice but taxes are quite high. Schools are good. What kept me away was the Coppell police. I got one ticket in 30 years before working in Coppell then 2 in one year in Coppell. Everyone I work with gets tickets here. I just didn't want to live in a police state. I've never seen so many cops hiding out to give tickets for any imagined violation.

SERIOUSLY!!! I just got back from Dallas and went to Coppell to look at an apartment. There was a cop sitting in the middle of the street in a durango or something....I didn't know what the speed limit was......turns out I was going SLLLLOOOOOWWWW!!! Whew! Then on my way back I saw him or another at the school zone, and then saw again down the street as I was cruising the neighborhood. Decided then that Coppell was not for us!!! WAY TOO MANY POLICE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas