Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times

Advertisements

One day the in-n-outs will be as busy as a typical mcdonalds. Its just the new thing right now so its crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
It's kind of funny people will wait for over an hour in the heat for the next best fried food junk at the State Fair or a Fletcher's Corny Dog. But complain about waiting for a burger....

Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM

137 posts, read 329,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
I love burgers, but it is apparent that some people eat way, way too much fast food. No matter what you think, In an Out is fast food, and over consumption is not good for you.
Its no secret that a diet of too much **traditional** fast food is not good for anyone. Numerous reports, studies and documentaries have been done on the subject. Its preservative and filler laden processed food. I honestly think that most people dont have a full grasp on what they are feeding themselves.

Today's definition of 'Fast Food' only applies to In-n-Out in that its served fast. They process their own 100% fresh ground beef, bake their own buns and use fresh wholesome ingredients and no preservatives. The lettuce, onions, tomatoes and french fries are cut fresh in the restaurant. They dont even have freezers or microwaves in their restaurants.

I am not aware of any other fast food restaurant that can say that.

(Chipotle has a similar commitment to preparation and fresh, wholesome ingredients.)

In-n-Out has done it this way for sixty years and that is why they have an enviable loyalty among their customers and manic success.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
Its no secret that a diet of too much **traditional** fast food is not good for anyone. Numerous reports, studies and documentaries have been done on the subject. Its preservative and filler laden processed food.

Today's definition of 'Fast Food' only applies to In-n-Out in that its served fast. They process their own 100% fresh ground beef, bake their own buns and use fresh wholesome ingredients and no preservatives. The lettuce, onions, tomatoes and french fries are cut fresh in the restaurant. They dont even have freezers or microwaves in their restaurants.

(Chipotle has a similar commitment to preparation and fresh, wholesome ingredients.)

In-n-Out has done it this way for sixty years and that is why they have an enviable loyalty among their customers and manic success.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
It's kind of funny people will wait for over an hour in the heat for the next best fried food junk at the State Fair or a Fletcher's Corny Dog. But complain about waiting for a burger....
I won't wait for an hour for any meal. I'll just go somewhere else, or make it at home.

Quote:
Its no secret that a diet of too much **traditional** fast food is not good for anyone. Numerous reports, studies and documentaries have been done on the subject. Its preservative and filler laden processed food.

Their commitment to quality is admirable. I hope that doesn't change. It's a rare thing these days.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Update: Burger gave me a massive stomach ache and the runs. Def not going back there again.
In-n-Out gives me the runs too!..... I RUN around with a big smile on my face!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:31 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,438,973 times
Quote:
In-n-Out gives me the runs too!..... I RUN around with a big smile on my face!
Hahahaha

Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenG1974 View Post
I have to agree that they will stay and do well. I was never a believer until I went to LA and had In-N-Out at the one by LAX. It was really the BEST burger I have ever eaten - hands down.
The location by LAX is a perfect example of how well they do. I was there in March and the drive thru was lined up out into the street. There was even a stretch limo in line. Inside, the place was packed. That location has been open for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Their commitment to quality is admirable. I hope that doesn't change. It's a rare thing these days.
I think this is the one concern I have. The pace at which they are expanding here is huge in a way they've never done before. Historically, big expansion has been the downfall of many companies because its difficult to maintain standards and quality while having a heavy focus on expansion.

In-n-Out opened something like 260 restaurants in 60 years. What they are doing here in a fraction of that time is epic. I can only hope they have their arms around it with a death grip on the standards that made them successful. Fortunately their corporate people have been there long-term and their store managers all came up from hourly, entry-level positions. The culture should be well embedded in their souls and committed to make this step and keep the momentum going.

Im confident they will be able to do it.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:17 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,497 times
Quote:
Its no secret that a diet of too much **traditional** fast food is not good for anyone. Numerous reports, studies and documentaries have been done on the subject. Its preservative and filler laden processed food. I honestly think that most people dont have a full grasp on what they are feeding themselves.

NO. Its full of freaking fat. Thats what makes people fat. You eat to many calories you get fat. A double double is 670 cals with 370 from fat. Thats over 50% fat. Add french fries with no drink and you are above 1000 cals in one meal with half the cals from fat. Add a drink or a shake and you can be up near 1500 cals.
Thats the problem with fast food not preservatives. Fresh does help fat in a meal and In and Out is full of fat just like other fast food places. Thats a fact.
Too many calories are the problem with fast foods.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:21 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
no salads available at in-n-out? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas