Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,107 times

Advertisements

I prefer white castle. But both are decent after a night of fun. I dont eat that kind of stuff anymore though as I am watching my cholesterol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 04:26 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
IN-N-OUT is going up fast in Frisco. The frame is complete and the roof is on as well. It certainly looks like an IN-N-OUT now! Scaffolding should go up any day now to begin work on the stone/masonry/*stucco exterior walls.

Side Main Entrance:
In-N-Out burger?-n-out-2-15-11a.jpg

Front and view from Preston Rd/Drive Thru:
In-N-Out burger?-n-out-2-15-11b.jpg

Back:
In-N-Out burger?-n-out-2-15-11c.jpg

*Can they use stucco here? Maybe just brick or stone? Anyone know?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,616 times
I live in SoCal and IMO In N Out is so completely overrated, the burgers are pretty small and look like McDonalds (very generic). Nothing "home made" about them really. They do have pretty good fries, but I've noticed even the taste of those has deteriorated.

I would think in Texas with all that good beef that you would have lots of better places to get a real burger!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:42 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,816,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I live in SoCal and IMO In N Out is so completely overrated, the burgers are pretty small and look like McDonalds (very generic). Nothing "home made" about them really. They do have pretty good fries, but I've noticed even the taste of those has deteriorated.

I would think in Texas with all that good beef that you would have lots of better places to get a real burger!
Oh we do.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
About that. I grew up with IN-N-OUT and I have been anxious to see if they will taste better here. The beef will be from local ranchers. So, that will be interesting. You are right. IN-N-OUT is just fast food but in the genre of fast food drive thru burger joints...it is among the creme de la creme. IMO McDonald's is dead last on the list of all fast food burger joints.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 PM

35 posts, read 61,137 times
Winfields in south Dallas

Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,816,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myleftfoot View Post
Winfields in south Dallas
That's a meatloaf burger. It's a whole loaf!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,835 times
Quote:

I agree; I cannot figure out what it is with californians and their In-N-Out. I tried it when I was there, and quite frankly it just tasted like Steak-N-Shake here in Chicago.

To me, the best burger I have ever had was at Five Guys on Preston Rd in Plano.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
I agree; I cannot figure out what it is with californians and their In-N-Out.
I'll help you with this puzzle. What tastes that you grew up with evoke fond memories? Well for a lot of Californian's it is In n Out.

I have many memories going to in n out with my dad after a baseball game or something. Quality ingredients, a taste I love, good, inexpensive fast food burgers that haven't changed in 60 years and haven't given into marketing gimmicks etc... Still family run and not franchised like 5 guys, etc...

Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I'll help you with this puzzle. What tastes that you grew up with evoke fond memories? Well for a lot of Californian's it is In n Out.

I have many memories going to in n out with my dad after a baseball game or something. Quality ingredients, a taste I love, good, inexpensive fast food burgers that haven't changed in 60 years and haven't given into marketing gimmicks etc... Still family run and not franchised like 5 guys, etc...
I tried to increase your rep for this but it wouldn't let me. Have to spread the love first...bunch of BS.

I do hope that people realize that IN-N-OUT is just another fast food burger place. I don't want them to build their expectations beyond that.

Having said that, and to agree with your point, IN-N-OUT is the same as it was in 1948. Fresh is the word! Unlike McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Jack in the Box and EVEN Carl's Jr., IN-N-OUT never sold their soul for the sake of nationwide/worldwide expansion and the perks/profits that come with it. I DO love Five Guys and I find the quality and taste of both to be similar. A meal at IN-N-OUT doesn't cost as much though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas