Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I know of roughly 200 Texans that are in California right now. One of the local high schools bands is there. My daughters high school band will be going there next year. Another local high school band was there a month ago when the earthquake hit in Japan.

WOW! Us native Texans sending our kids to such crazy places like California...... the horrors
Where are they competing? I used to be a So Cal band/drumline geek. I wonder if they're competing against my old high school...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdflyer View Post
Youre so funny.

Im thinking the In n Out planning department is expecting the Texas locations to be serving more than just California transplants. I think my friend's office coworkers are ALL California transplants, but I havent confirmed it with him.

Believe it or not, there are at least a few Texans that get out of the state and venture to such crazy places as California. In fact, people from other states travel around the country too! I guess thats how it happened for me. Im not from California, but I learned of In n Out from traveling there.
Well said!

I swear, Metro Matt....

Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
"Travel broadens the mind" -Early 20th century proverb

I've got 4 nephews ranging from ages 3 to 14. Two of them are in Arizona and two here in the Dallas area. We are committed to traveling with each of them as they are old enough, to popular cities around the USA and also Europe.

Each time I visit Phoenix, we go to In n Out. I hope to be the one to take our Dallas nephews on their first trip to In n Out.
We have traveled w/ our kids since they were in the womb. My kids can get thru security at the airport without me, lol. They are pro's at it. They have been out of the country numerous times and they have had In-n-Out several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Where are they competing? I used to be a So Cal band/drumline geek. I wonder if they're competing against my old high school...
The one band was up in San Francisco. My daughters band is heading home today from Atlanta. We go to Los Angeles next year. The Berkner band was down in San Diego when the tsunami warnings were issued.

Imagine that......... we send bus loads and plane fulls of our kids across the country to other states..... wow.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 AM

869 posts, read 2,954,235 times
Quote:
Is that the one near the Ontario airport?
That's the one I was talking about...

It was interesting to see seven employees get around each other in that tiny little room...

Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
No it just confirms the large number of California transplants in Texas these days.

Most native Texans have never even heard of In-N-Out.
I had never heard of In n Out until a just few years ago when watching Leno one night. Alec Baldwin mentioned that some food truck came out to a production lot late at night, during a shoot, that had gone on way too long. Baldwin relayed the story that the demeanor of the on-edge cast and crew completely changed when they saw that it was an In N Out delivery. His point was that he thought it was quite odd how this particular fast-food fare could put at ease, so easily a roudy crowd on the verge of mutiny.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:22 PM

568 posts, read 2,419,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt
No it just confirms the large number of California transplants in Texas these days.

Most native Texans have never even heard of In-N-Out.

I'm a native Texan and have never even been to California. I first heard of In-N-Out many years ago as a kid when I used to watch NHRA drag racing on TV on the weekends. There were a couple of In-N-Out sponsored cars and I remember them discussing the burgers during one of the races. Since then I had heard of them from time-to-time over the years and had heard about how good they were. On a trip to Vegas 2 years ago, I stopped at one in Kingman, AZ, probably nearly 20 years after I had first heard of them.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM

11 posts, read 13,904 times
I Love In & Out Burger!!!! Ate there all the time when I lived in cali!

Old 04-19-2011, 02:12 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,107 times
I wonder if people in california get all excited about whataburger

Old 04-19-2011, 02:32 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
[/i]

I'm a native Texan and have never even been to California. I first heard of In-N-Out many years ago as a kid when I used to watch NHRA drag racing on TV on the weekends. There were a couple of In-N-Out sponsored cars and I remember them discussing the burgers during one of the races. Since then I had heard of them from time-to-time over the years and had heard about how good they were. On a trip to Vegas 2 years ago, I stopped at one in Kingman, AZ, probably nearly 20 years after I had first heard of them.
And?? All that build-up and you didn't even tell us what you thought of it..Must not have been memorable.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:49 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I wonder if people in california get all excited about whataburger
Good question!

Answer: THEY DO!! LOL

From my first experience to this day, I do not like Whataburger but I do remember other Californians feeling quite differently. A charter bus load of us would travel to Phoenix and before getting to the hotel, by popular demand, we had to stop for dinner at Whataburger. Same went for the lunch on the way back to California. I wonder if they have any plans to at least go to SoCal.

I am ready for my IN-N-OUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas