Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 10:18 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,158,013 times

Advertisements

This thread reminded me...

Field & Stream coming to Austin Landing | www.daytondailynews.com

Wish it was Cabela's (the market could support it and the location is ideal), but not a bad choice for the spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 AM

133 posts, read 195,436 times
Anyone know what's happening with the building next to Lilly's Bistro on 5th (343 E 5th St)? They've been working on the building for awhile but haven't noticed any signs.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:21 PM

^That I don't know. I do remember reading around October, though, that there is no more vacant space in the Oregon District....

Will be interesting to see what happens there!

Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
^That I don't know. I do remember reading around October, though, that there is no more vacant space in the Oregon District....

Will be interesting to see what happens there!
Always thought a gym would be perfect in the Oregon District. Is there anywhere downtown that is a dedicated gym?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:05 PM

430 posts, read 593,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac1407 View Post
Always thought a gym would be perfect in the Oregon District. Is there anywhere downtown that is a dedicated gym?
Drake's on 4th.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandarthegreat View Post
Drake's on 4th.
Is that a full gym? I always thought it was just boxing.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:39 PM

430 posts, read 593,766 times
I thought so too, but I toured it and it's definitely a good, basic gym.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:22 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,848,091 times
Moraine: Fuyao to Finalize GM Plant Sale, Hiring Begins in May
Quote:
Chinese automotive glass maker Fuyao North America Inc. is pushing forward on efforts to acquire the space in the former Moraine GM Plant where it will invest $250 million and create 800 jobs. The company is finishing that process before hiring, construction or purchases take place, said Dave Burrows, director of economic development programs for the Dayton Development Coalition.

County documents state the land acquisition for the project will cost between $15 million and $20 million. The company is aiming to close on the real estate by the end of March. Another $29 million will go into construction, site development, utilities and landscaping. The bulk of the cost of the project, $200 million, will be in new equipment.
Miami Township: Austin Landing Adding Three More Buildings
Quote:
Building permits have been issued for three structures forming the next phases of development on the project, including two new office/retail mixed spaces and a bike hub.

The Miami Township government approved in January plans for Building LD, a 9,300 square foot retail and restaurant space that will have the addresses 3600 to 2700 Rigby Rd. It also approved Building LE, a 15,600 square foot retail and restaurant building with the addresses 3400 to 3500 Rigby Rd.
Fairborn: Peerless Wins $112 Million Contract, Hiring 65
Quote:
Peerless Technologies Corp.'s new contract to support NASA — which could be worth as much as $112 million over five years — is a big win for the company and the Dayton region.

Peerless will add 65 workers to its staff as a result. Company officials say it also will allow Peerless to facilitate regional cooperation between Glenn Research Center and the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base community.

The Fairborn-based defense firm ranked as the No. 2 fastest-growing company in the Dayton region last year with 98 percent growth in sales.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:24 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,082,854 times
While nothing official announced in the news yet, RG Properties' lease plans for the Walmart shopping center across from Fairfield Commons indicate a relocated Office Depot next to Walmart, a Pets Supplies Plus (which has opened) and a McAllister's Deli next to Half-Price Books.

This means the Fresh Thyme Grocery will most certainly end up in the current Office Depot space across the street. However, that shopping center's lease plan hasn't been updated yet. When all the moves will happen, I don't know. But if they are on the website's lease plans, that is a good sign.

Also a good sign, with the exception of a handful of empty stores (some of which is being filled by H&M) at Fairfield Commons Mall, most if not all the big-box spaces on Fairfield between I-675 and Kemp are leased out.

Of course, that will change when E-B consolidates stores, but I don't know what the word is on the former Parisian space.

Last edited by wrightflyer; 02-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: Added note on E-B/Parisian vacancy

Old 02-18-2014, 11:23 AM

^That's an interesting shift. Makes me wonder sometimes how far in advance leasing agents really know space in their shopping centers are going to come up vacant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton