Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times

Advertisements

I've been laughing like crazy at you nutty guys! Thanks so much!!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Hi, yea, I'm back.......got back the evening of the 27th.....felt as if a truck had run over me and am still not up to snuff...and yesterday was our 36th anniversary......I was surprised with 12 red long stems and a fantastic Hawaiian dinner at a local place in our little town......both owners are from Hawaii....they even serve plate lunch..and I had a lava flow, too! After dinner, I talked him into gelato.....we rolled home.....

On the way to DIA he was coughing......we hit the ground running---got into the rental car and went directly to a drug store.... He coughed all night on me......and a day and a half later, my voice got really low......dang, dang, dang. We were sicker than dogs the whole time but we kept hauling......we are still coughing.......sigh. I spent over $100.00 on otc meds while I was there...

We were so busy in CA....being sick didn't help......I told him that each day seemed a week long.....I was so stinking sick......the night before Miramar I did NOT sleep one wink......I coughed my head off.....

He flew home a few days before I did.....and our girl was just there for a long weekend.....both spoke at the memorial service.......he's a public speaker, but had something close to laryngitis and felt bad....she did a GREAT job and gets her public speaking abilities from her dad... There were about 200 at the service. She was starting to get sick so I loaded her suitcase up with meds right before she flew back to MT......she had to go to the dr. a day or two later....sick, sick, sick.

On Tuesday we had a private service down at Miramar...San Diego....it is close to the base......they time it perfectly and 2 huge fighter jets fly over right after the minister says a few prayers, etc....they dip in unison and then part company.....it was spectacular and quite a send off for our dear pal...

Inbetween the two services, we moved his wife....she sold the house......everything at once, poor thing......we love her dearly....

A couple of days before I flew home I sensed that CO. is now my home.....it just came over me like a private news flash.....and I am okay with that.

I got my hair cut a few days before I flew to CA.....and then I got sick.......grrrrrrrr!

I tried my best to see a few friends while I was there.......but our widow had priority so I spent a lot of time helping her get settled..... I miss my CA. friends......

The Pony won't let me out of his sight......he licks me to death......I constantly have to tell him that my arm is NOT a chicken leg.....I am in here with the door shut so that I can type.....or else he'd be trying to climb on top of me and put his head on the keyboard...I can't even lift him off of me anymore....too big..

We need pics of the newly painted bumblebee bedroom, GB. Your girl sure wasn't with that dude for very long......looks like he would have gotten his act together before he asked her to move in.....I don't blame her for the pond episode one bit....sorry that you can't move to your bachelorette pad yet.....

My friend, who is NOT a blonde but is of POLISH descent----one time she didn't have her glasses on and was in a rush to get to back to school night....she put some lotion on her face and arms......well, as time passed, her skin got really tight and turned red.....when she got home she read the label......it was scented soap, not lotion....

TFW, I've probably asked you this before, (maybe 5 times, I dunno), but have you ever had 100% concentrated black cherry juice?

I had housekeepers for 25+ years.....I miss them....waaaaa.......

Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hi, yea, I'm back.......got back the evening of the 27th.....felt as if a truck had run over me and am still not up to snuff...and yesterday was our 36th anniversary......I was surprised with 12 red long stems and a fantastic Hawaiian dinner at a local place in our little town......both owners are from Hawaii....they even serve plate lunch..and I had a lava flow, too! After dinner, I talked him into gelato.....we rolled home.....

On the way to DIA he was coughing......we hit the ground running---got into the rental car and went directly to a drug store.... He coughed all night on me......and a day and a half later, my voice got really low......dang, dang, dang. We were sicker than dogs the whole time but we kept hauling......we are still coughing.......sigh. I spent over $100.00 on otc meds while I was there...

We were so busy in CA....being sick didn't help......I told him that each day seemed a week long.....I was so stinking sick......the night before Miramar I did NOT sleep one wink......I coughed my head off.....

He flew home a few days before I did.....and our girl was just there for a long weekend.....both spoke at the memorial service.......he's a public speaker, but had something close to laryngitis and felt bad....she did a GREAT job and gets her public speaking abilities from her dad... There were about 200 at the service. She was starting to get sick so I loaded her suitcase up with meds right before she flew back to MT......she had to go to the dr. a day or two later....sick, sick, sick.

On Tuesday we had a private service down at Miramar...San Diego....it is close to the base......they time it perfectly and 2 huge fighter jets fly over right after the minister says a few prayers, etc....they dip in unison and then part company.....it was spectacular and quite a send off for our dear pal...

Inbetween the two services, we moved his wife....she sold the house......everything at once, poor thing......we love her dearly....

A couple of days before I flew home I sensed that CO. is now my home.....it just came over me like a private news flash.....and I am okay with that.

I got my hair cut a few days before I flew to CA.....and then I got sick.......grrrrrrrr!

I tried my best to see a few friends while I was there.......but our widow had priority so I spent a lot of time helping her get settled..... I miss my CA. friends......

The Pony won't let me out of his sight......he licks me to death......I constantly have to tell him that my arm is NOT a chicken leg.....I am in here with the door shut so that I can type.....or else he'd be trying to climb on top of me and put his head on the keyboard...I can't even lift him off of me anymore....too big..

We need pics of the newly painted bumblebee bedroom, GB. Your girl sure wasn't with that dude for very long......looks like he would have gotten his act together before he asked her to move in.....I don't blame her for the pond episode one bit....sorry that you can't move to your bachelorette pad yet.....

My friend, who is NOT a blonde but is of POLISH descent----one time she didn't have her glasses on and was in a rush to get to back to school night....she put some lotion on her face and arms......well, as time passed, her skin got really tight and turned red.....when she got home she read the label......it was scented soap, not lotion....

TFW, I've probably asked you this before, (maybe 5 times, I dunno), but have you ever had 100% concentrated black cherry juice?

I had housekeepers for 25+ years.....I miss them....waaaaa.......
Dang girl.... take a breath.

Welcome back!!!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Wurzig, I know that trip was so difficult for youall. Bless you for being there for your friend...to be moral support and to help her move.

So you also have the "haircut curse"...I hope you have better luck with that cough than I've had. I've had mine for three months now. I need another haircut but am almost afraid to get it for fear of making my cough worse.

Yes. I tried black cherry juice and black cherry pills back when I first started getting gout 24/7 (August 2010). I drank it and swallowed the pills for about six months with no improvement. Both my rheumatologist and my nephrologist said black cherry juice can be beneficial in some cases but not where the kidneys are as bad as mine.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Wurzig, I know that trip was so difficult for youall. Bless you for being there for your friend...to be moral support and to help her move.

So you also have the "haircut curse"...I hope you have better luck with that cough than I've had. I've had mine for three months now. I need another haircut but am almost afraid to get it for fear of making my cough worse.

Yes. I tried black cherry juice and black cherry pills back when I first started getting gout 24/7 (August 2010). I drank it and swallowed the pills for about six months with no improvement. Both my rheumatologist and my nephrologist said black cherry juice can be beneficial in some cases but not where the kidneys are as bad as mine.
Crud! I was hoping something simple from Mother Nature would help you!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:20 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,077 times
Welcome home, Wurzig! Seems like someone hit you with that old curse, "May you live an interesting life." Glad you're home safe & sound, though. Our thoughts are with you.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Oh. Really? Wow.

Okay, I lied. I just wanted to make you feel better.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/92f2bb4499605dd1607263f179cdac97.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-01-2012, 07:21 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
You want to EAT her??!!!

Morning peeps!!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
HAPPY THURSDAY!

I'm running behind today......

My daughter took a couple of vacation days so she could deal with all the stuff she has to do with getting a new car. I'll be so glad to see her have a car of her own. She hasn't had one since she totaled hers a couple of years ago. I think the years of bus riding will probably be a good incentive memory of not speeding.

Anyway, I didn't have to get up with Israel, so I stayed in bed knowing full well I needed to get the new March threads posted.

I hope everyone is having a fun day!!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I woke up at 11:30 am this morning. I went to bed before midnight. I guess I needed the sleep. I know I have mentioned this before but retirement is absolute heaven.

For the first time in my life I am reading 2 books at the same time. I never dreamed I would do this. The Lonely Polygamist is in the bathroom. Okay, TMI. I know. The other book is in the bedroom. A Gift Upon the Shore. The Polygamist book is a total hoot. The Gift book is just the opposite. It's soulful, introspective and extremely moving. I feel so rich.

Wurzig, you amaze me with your energy. Get some rest, girlfriend. I don't know how you do all that you do.

Starr, what a total delight to have you back with us.

Camper, it seems like you have not gone camping in a while. When is the next trip?

Glory, you also amaze me with the things you get accomplished. I'm so sorry you won't be able to move to your new place. However, think of all the quality time you will have to spend with Izzy.

Bob, you bring so much to the forum. Thank you for all that you do.

TFW, it's time to feel good again. I know you work at it and get so much done. Again, amazing. Thanks for all the info you give us.

Okay, it's time for a nap. JK. lol. Have a great "little Friday" all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff