Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times

Advertisements

My girl and I are back from Missoula......long, drive for sure......brought some stuff home, need to put it away.....
Will write more when I can.......just got on to say HI!

Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Welcome back Wurzig!

Happy Monday Morning to everyone else!

Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,703 times
Flying by to wish you all a Happy April!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,997 times
Okay, where is everybody?

We've had spring here (off and on), for the last 2-3 weeks, but we kept wondering where winter went...(we need more rain, snow, etc)....when we got back from MT., all kinds of trees were blooming......pink and white blossoms everywhere.... The little warning weather radio went off yesterday telling us winds were coming.......and with it, huge, dark clouds......we are supposed to be on the edge of the storm and maybe get less than an inch of snow, but so far, just cold wind and very dark clouds...it was 80 yesterday, (84 at DIA), and freezing today......

I've started all kinds of seedlings in the house and they are really growing.......Farmer Wurzig! I'll plant other types of seeds straight into the ground......in May, after snow/freeze danger is over.... This year is an experiment to see what will grow and what the wind will destroy.....and hopefully the rabbits won't get under the wire.......grrrrr.

Montana is gorgeous, as usual....the rivers are flowing and most of the ice is off the ponds....such a long drive, (close to 900 miles each way), but such a pretty state....... We got back late Saturday afternoon........and today, my girl started a 25-page paper.....some spring break, huh....but she's had 2 dates already with a new dude, so she's not as tired as she normally would be.......mental attitude is EVERYTHING, even when you are physically tired. Poor kid was about ready to jump off a cliff at school....I keep telling her, 'just a few more weeks, you are almost there!'. They get so tired about this time of year...... We brought a carload of stuff back, (my reason for driving up there vs. flying her home), but not enough.......I have no idea if it will all fit in May......especially with 3 in the car.....

My husband planted my little peach tree for me before we got home...(he's not a natural gardener and doesn't really enjoy it, so this took great effort)....and of course, The Pony went over there to test the dirt around it when we were over at the neighbor's house.....(he's not a digger, so this really ticked me off!!!!)..THIS MEANS WAR! I put on his super-duper shock thing and had to warn him twice......I used the lightest button....he's smart but stubborn. He's so furry that he doesn't feel a shock, but the sound scares him......

Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
...I've started all kinds of seedlings in the house and they are really growing.......Farmer Wurzig!

...We brought a carload of stuff back, (my reason for driving up there vs. flying her home), but not enough.......I have no idea if it will all fit in May......especially with 3 in the car.....

...The Pony went over there to test the dirt around it when we were over at the neighbor's house.....(he's not a digger, so this really ticked me off!!!!)..THIS MEANS WAR!

Wow, you always have so much news, dear Wurzig. I love the idea of starting seedlings in the house. I've started seedlings in my house but then I usually end up keeping them inside. Please let us know what plants you've started and how they do.

I'm sure you're happy to have your daughter home again for a while. Would love to see some photos of Montana. One of my co-workers retired to a cabin there and I'm so jealous (except the Montana is Big Bear Country and I have an irrational fear of them).

And I laughed at the Horse digging around your new peach tree. I always tell dog owners that, when dogs come across newly-dug dirt, they think some other dog has buried a bone or something equally-valuable there. So the Horse was just doing what comes naturally and digging up the goodie. You might try spreading some of his poop around the tree to discourage him from digging there.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times
I've had my current Gateway desktop computer for 7+ years now and love it. I've hated the idea of ever replacing it. But it's starting to show its age -- "not responding" a lot -- and, although I dont do gaming or other photo-shopping or other complicated stuff, I wonder if I have too many programs on it.

So, rather than wait for the day it crashes and I lose everything, I went ahead and bought another Gateway desktop computer (CPU only) from Amazon. It will be here tomorrow.

I've always set up my computers myself and I should try it myself again this time, especially since I have so much free time nowadays. But I remember being frustrated last time (which was before I lost a gazillion brain cells in my stroke) and I have even more programs and peripherals to deal with now.

And I'm going from Windows XP to Windows 7. Do any of you have Windows 7? Have any of you had to set up a new desktop computer recently?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Computer problems drive me insane, TFW.....I'm borderline anyway.

But listen to how lazy I am. The AC/Heat thermostat quit on me 3 weeks ago and I was just too lazy to call the electrician to come replace it. 3 weeks ago it was cold. 2 weeks ago it was hot and has been ever since. I was still procrastinating. The ceiling fans in all rooms were keeping me from heat stroke.

However, last night I noticed the cats were sleeping in odd places. Why? Because they were hot. OMG! I'm a horrible parent. My babies were hot. Well, of course they were. I was here 24/7 and hot and they have a lot more hair than I do.

Called the guy this morning. He came, he replaced, he left. It's fixed and I am in heaven and so are the cats.

I swear to myself that I won't procrastinate anymore. Yeah, right.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 PM

400 posts, read 498,122 times
Was up in the 80's yesterday and now maybe some snow tonight and tomorrow. Past weeks training was good and this week we start with the complicated stuff!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Happy Tuesday!

I've got a handful of errands this morning that I've waited until last moment with. (Speaking of ketabcha's procrastination....I'm always guilty of this.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
And I'm going from Windows XP to Windows 7. Do any of you have Windows 7? Have any of you had to set up a new desktop computer recently?
There isn't really any setting up with a new computer. I download Firefox, redo my favorites list and call it a day. Eventually, every computer needs to be replaced because they do have a tendency of picking up all sorts of programs and applications along the way. I looked at my list on CCleaner the other day and didn't know what half the stuff on there even was. I'm not sure what is supposed to be on the computer and what isn't. That's why I buy a new one (laptop) every year. I'll be buying another one the end of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Was up in the 80's yesterday and now maybe some snow tonight and tomorrow. Past weeks training was good and this week we start with the complicated stuff!
It's been hot here as well.....in the 90's, but never any snow. We are hot until next November. I really don't like the hot humid Florida weather, but this is where my family is, so this is where I stay.

Izzy has spring school pictures being taken today, so I have to go now.....but will be back later to catch up on my posting.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
Morning!!

I've decided the reason I don't post so much anymore is I hate the laptop!! The keys are to close together. It hard on my old fat fingers. Actually, the joints.

Not quite as cool out this morning and we didn't get the rain they promised last night but it's going to be a beautiful day. So glad it's going to be nice for Easter and all the egg hunts for the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff