Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 03:17 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times

Advertisements

Thanks, everyone! She doesnt really like being outside that much. She usually goes out only to potty and chase the squirrel who likes to antagonize her.

Queenie used to love lying in the grass on nice days -- but it's obvious Lulu was an outside dog, even in rescue. She has lots of big callouses on her hips and legs, indicating that she spent a lot of time lying on dirt and other hard surfaces. Whenever she's outside I leave the patio door open for her, so she can feel free to come in whever she wants.

She does love being inside. She runs and hops everywhere in the house. It's very cute. And she has a big soft bed in three different rooms, so she can be comfortable in whatever room I'm in at the time.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:01 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
She certainly looks comfy while sunbathing. What a beautiful animal she is. I'm so happy for both of you, TFW. It was meant to be.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:20 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Checking in to see how everyone doing.

TFW, hope Lulu is adapting well and thriving.

It's soooo beautiful out here!!! Gives me the urge to go plant something. Ha, hope that passes fast. No green thumb here.

We did finally get me an orange tree!!! I'm so excited!!! Hope to get it planted soon. I'm just crazy about the way they look when full of fruit. They told me I'd get some fruit this year but it wouldn't be good. Next year for sure.

Peach tree should start blooming anytime now but the Blu Jays get all the fruit which is fine. I love my birds.

Bradford pear is full of little fuzzys. Also should bloom soon but it's a non fruit bearing but it's a beautiful tree.

Hope the Crepe myrtles do good this year. Last year they never did put out any flowers but a lot of people here said the same.

Can see the Esperanzas trying to break thru.

It's going to be a beautiful spring.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:29 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Hi Camper - we had spring for a couple days, now getting snow tonight - then next Wed. they say mid 70's - wacky weather.

I have been trying to stay busy, I need to pack up the whole house - The good part of that is: I need to declutter and get rid of "stuff", getting a loan (because of being disabled) that is interest free and doesn't get paid until if/when I sell the house. The bathroom REALLY needs help, as well as appliances in the kitchen on their last legs, new painting, driveway, deck, etc.

If anyone has any spare time???????? LOL I could use tons of help and have lots of stuff that others might want

Old 03-04-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Hi Camper - we had spring for a couple days, now getting snow tonight - then next Wed. they say mid 70's - wacky weather.

I have been trying to stay busy, I need to pack up the whole house - The good part of that is: I need to declutter and get rid of "stuff", getting a loan (because of being disabled) that is interest free and doesn't get paid until if/when I sell the house. The bathroom REALLY needs help, as well as appliances in the kitchen on their last legs, new painting, driveway, deck, etc.

If anyone has any spare time???????? LOL I could use tons of help and have lots of stuff that others might want
I would help in a heart beat if I could! I think it's easier for someone that's not attached to the stuff. I have a thought and please consider it. Would you not b better off selling to someone that buys ugly houses than going to all the expense and stress of fixing it up your self and not knowing for sure how much you might get? I only ask because I had an elderly neighbor ( and no, I'm not calling you elderly ) go thru the same thing. After a year of fixing and repairing, replacing, painting.. she finally sold for the same amount she would have received without doing anything. Almost drove her insane, tore her family apart and she had nothing to show for it.

When my mom died I was so glad she had done the reversed morgage or I would have sold it " as is".

Just a thought,

Old 03-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Yes, Camper, the weather is truly beautiful. We didnt really have a winter down here -- and I guess we'll pay for that this summer.

Flamingo, I dont envy you the job of packing up stuff and getting your house ready for sale. I think Camper's suggestion of selling "as is" is a good one.

I totally empathize with your situation, Flamingo. My daughter has been after me to sell my house and put a small house on her acreage 150 miles away. I love my house, but the idea of moving is very appealing because my area is so crime-ridden and will only get worse as time goes by. (You know an area is bad when it's not even safe to walk your doberman here.) However, the thought of having to get rid of so many things that I treasure (because the house I build up there would be even smaller than my house here) and also the process of selling my house is overwhelming.

Edited to add that Lulu is doing well. My only problem is that she barks in the back yard. Thank goodness she doesnt like being out there for any longer than it takes to potty -- but, if she happens to hear another dog barking while she's out there, she runs her mouth way too much. It's been so many years since I had to re-train a barker -- Queenie never barked and neither did most of my previous dogs. But, other than that, Lulu is fitting in very well here.

Last edited by TFW46; 03-04-2016 at 10:45 AM..

Old 03-04-2016, 10:40 AM

I'm not planning on selling anytime soon! Never did figure out where I'd move to - I didn't get to pick out this house (he had it already when we got married), I think I'll be much happier w/it after the improvements are made though.

I agree, someone who isn't attached to "stuff" has a more unbiased eye!

TFW, I hope you can come to a peaceful decision - a bad neighborhood would be enough to send me away.

Old 03-04-2016, 03:51 PM

Flamingo, this neighborhood was nice when I first moved here in 1980. But things change. Houston has no zoning and apartments were built in the subdivision in the 1980s and 1990s, Then Section 8 came in (not saying anything negative about that) and, with it came third-generation welfare recipients. Then Katrina refugees came and stayed for all the government benefits (again, not saying anything negative) and this area has since gone downhill terribly.

My immediate area is filled with decent, hard-working, honest homeowners who speak only Spanish. Delivery men (USPS, FedEx and UPS) can leave boxes on my front porch for days and no one ever takes them. When USPS has misdelivered my boxes to another address, that homeowner always brings them to me immediately. I love this immediate area. But, if I go 4-5 blocks away, I risk being carjacked or worse. No place is safe -- even innocent people eating in restaurants here have been gunned down during robberies.

I'm so ready to go live in a safer place. But I've been here 35+ years and have spent a lot of money that I'll never get back in remodeling when I thought I'd live here forever. Oh well, I'll think about it tomorrow...

Old 03-04-2016, 04:00 PM

I understand what you are saying. Neighborhoods certainly do change, sometimes for the better, sometimes worse - Tomorrow is my way of thinking (tomorrow is WAY off, LOL) - good luck, lots to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Flamingo, this neighborhood was nice when I first moved here in 1980. But things change. Houston has no zoning and apartments were built in the subdivision in the 1980s and 1990s, Then Section 8 came in (not saying anything negative about that) and, with it came third-generation welfare recipients. Then Katrina refugees came and stayed for all the government benefits (again, not saying anything negative) and this area has since gone downhill terribly.

My immediate area is filled with decent, hard-working, honest homeowners who speak only Spanish. Delivery men (USPS, FedEx and UPS) can leave boxes on my front porch for days and no one ever takes them. When USPS has misdelivered my boxes to another address, that homeowner always brings them to me immediately. I love this immediate area. But, if I go 4-5 blocks away, I risk being carjacked or worse. No place is safe -- even innocent people eating in restaurants here have been gunned down during robberies.

I'm so ready to go live in a safer place. But I've been here 35+ years and have spent a lot of money that I'll never get back in remodeling when I thought I'd live here forever. Oh well, I'll think about it tomorrow...

Old 03-05-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

That's got to be heart breaking TFW. You have put your heart and soul in your home but maybe it is time to cut your loses and move. Better for you to be safe. Make a new place your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff