Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 12:35 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

Camper, I bought some lovely hanging towels a few years back. They're very plush towels and someone has crocheted a button-and-hole top on them. I have them hanging from my over in the kitchen and also hanging from towel bars in the guest bathroom. I have some extras in ivory if you want one or two. Here's a photo of the towels hanging from the oven:

Old 01-26-2016, 12:49 AM

Flamingo and Camper, I'm very computer-stupid -- if I can figure out how to post photos, anyone can.

You have to set up an account with photobucket or some other photo-sharing site (photobucket.com is the one I use and I'll use it in my instruction).

Then you upload the photo you want to post to your photobucket account.

Once you've done that, hover your mouse over the left side of the photo and a list of options will show up.

Select SHARE and, again, a list of optioins will show up.

Select IMG, which is at the bottom of the list.

Right-click on the IMG link and the word "copied" will show up.

Then go to your post, right-click and hit Paste. What will show up is a link but, when you hit "Post" to post your post, the link will show up as the photo.

It sounds complicated but photobucket.com pretty much walks you through everything.

As I said, I'm really ignorant about how to do stuff on the computer. I dont have an iPhone or iPad or iAnything. All I have is my inexpensive desktop computer. And, truly, if I can figure out how to post photos, anybody can.

You can also google "how to post photos to the internet" and follow the instructions there. That's what I did when I wanted to learn how to post photos. Below is a link that explains how to post photos using 3 different photo-sharing sites. It has photos, which is very helpful. Photobuck is the 3rd one (I think) on this page:

3 Ways to Upload Images to the Internet - wikiHow

Old 01-26-2016, 11:06 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Camper, I bought some lovely hanging towels a few years back. They're very plush towels and someone has crocheted a button-and-hole top on them. I have them hanging from my over in the kitchen and also hanging from towel bars in the guest bathroom. I have some extras in ivory if you want one or two. Here's a photo of the towels hanging from the oven:
Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful!!! You don't actually use those do you? My aunt use to make those for my mom and she would never use them because they were so pretty,

My favorite dish towel to actually use in the old cloth diaper style. It absorbs very well and then drys quick plus you can wash it with a little bleach if it gets messed up, but it's not very attractive hanging up so I hide it in the utility room between uses. Keep the newer ones around when someones coming over. I keep a dish drainer in one sink at all times for those items that don't go in the dishwasher. Really convenient, just it air dry and put it away next time you pass by.

We replaced the wooden blinds in the down stairs last night. Like the new look but kinda miss the " log cabin" look the wood ones gave the rooms. Really like the new ones, very smooth and will be easy to clean. The real wood ones were starting to splinter and we impossible to clean without vacuuming them. I'm all about the easy these days.

Guess I should have kept my mouth closed about the weather. It all dark and windy here with on and off raining. The mountain cedar is killing me today. Nothing is working. I wanted to go buy an orange tree today. I just love the way they look when full of fruit. Hubby will have a fit if the deer eat it but I want one soooo bad.

Karma is a ***** and she is pisssssed at me today!!

This wouls be an awesome cake and coffie day with all you guys.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:25 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Thanks for the awesome directions TFW - too much trouble, LOL - no idea why this site can't just let us upload a pic. I haven't used Photobucket in many yrs.

They did finally come through and plow (did a lousy job, I won't go there). A neighbor had his visiting son come over yesterday and dig out my car (and clean it off) - going to attempt to go out tomorrow, I haven't been out since last Wed.! Hoping the car starts. Bring on Spring!!

Old 01-31-2016, 09:13 AM

Hope you're plowed out by now, Flamingo.

I'm having such a hard time -- missing Queenie so much. I was keeping busy doing a lot of deep-cleaning but wrenched my back and havent been able to do much lately. Inactivity gives me too much time to sit and think.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Hope you're plowed out by now, Flamingo.

I'm having such a hard time -- missing Queenie so much. I was keeping busy doing a lot of deep-cleaning but wrenched my back and havent been able to do much lately. Inactivity gives me too much time to sit and think.
It just breaks my heart to see you hurting so much. You've always been an inspiration to all of us in here.

Have you tried playing a computer game? When I need to just escape from reality I play solitaire on my phone. Seems like such a simple thing to do but it works for me. Complete distraction.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:02 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
LOL - I've wasted ENTIRELY too much time playing (the games that game w/my computer): Solitaire (it HATES me), Free Cell and Spider Solitaire (I do pretty good at those), and Mahjong Titans (I don't really understand that but waste time on it anyway

It makes me sad as well TFW - it just takes time, broke my heart when I lost my Brandy (cat) - she was 26 and thought she was a dog, and Max (Germ. Shep.) - he beat cancer only to get degenerative myopathy. Reading things like Rainbow bridge, etc. and posting on those types of boards helped.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:43 PM

Thanks, Camper and Flamingo. I appreciate your not thinking I'm being dramatic. I'm usually not an emotional person at all. The last time I cried was in 1999 and before that 1994.

I think I almost dont want to feel better because feeling better would mean letting go of her -- if that makes sense.

I've been trying to do my occupational therapy games -- Word Whomp and Majong Safari -- but I can only concentrate on those for so long. And I've been reading the Dogs forum.

I dont believe in the Rainbow Bridge, although I do believe in an afterlife and I do believe that energy, of which we are all comprised, doesnt die. I often commented that I thought Queenie, who was born in 2000 or 2001, was the reincarnation of my beloved Wheeler, who died in 1999.

Since I adopt only older dogs and not puppies, I'd have to wait for a long time to find Queenie in another body. And, to be honest, I dont have that many years left. I dont know if I believe that we'll see our pets in the afterlife, but I do believe that we'll be as happy as their love and devotion made us. I so hope I'm wrong and that Queenie will be waiting for me.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Camper and Flamingo. I appreciate your not thinking I'm being dramatic. I'm usually not an emotional person at all. The last time I cried was in 1999 and before that 1994.

I think I almost dont want to feel better because feeling better would mean letting go of her -- if that makes sense.

I've been trying to do my occupational therapy games -- Word Whomp and Majong Safari -- but I can only concentrate on those for so long. And I've been reading the Dogs forum.

I dont believe in the Rainbow Bridge, although I do believe in an afterlife and I do believe that energy, of which we are all comprised, doesnt die. I often commented that I thought Queenie, who was born in 2000 or 2001, was the reincarnation of my beloved Wheeler, who died in 1999.

Since I adopt only older dogs and not puppies, I'd have to wait for a long time to find Queenie in another body. And, to be honest, I dont have that many years left. I dont know if I believe that we'll see our pets in the afterlife, but I do believe that we'll be as happy as their love and devotion made us. I so hope I'm wrong and that Queenie will be waiting for me.
Don't be afraid or ashamed to cry girl. It's a great stress reliever. I still cry about lost times with my mom. sister and brother. Loosing all three so close to each other about killed me. I still have my brother upstairs in a box. I don't know about this "makes your stronger" stuff but I do know a good cry every now and then sure relives a ton of stress for me. I believe we all morn differently and it takes longer for some. Just try and do at least one thing each day that makes you smile. I have those little solar dancers from the dollar store all over my kitchen window sill. I stand there each day and just watch them dance. Talk about smiling!! They all make this click click click sound. Drives my daughter nuts but makes her smile too. I bought her one each time I bought mine.

It may not be Queenie yet but think of all the dogs out there that could use your love. Now there is a smile.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Thanks so much, Camper. I dont know how you managed to get through all those losses. You're so strong.

Surprising news. I was looking at the rescue dobe website last week and saw an older dobe (8-9 years old) who sounds a lot like Queenie. I didn’t think I was ready for another dog but I’m going to foster her – and will probably end up keeping her, as no one has wanted her in over a year because of her age and the fact that she’s not too pretty and has very few teeth. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog, the one that no one wants.

Here’s the link to her page on the rescue site:
https://www.hadr.org/available-dobie...5&petIndex_0=9

(It takes a second or two for the page to load.)

I’m going to get her on Tuesday. She’s being fostered at the same horse ranch where Queenie was fostered and the lady there said that "Lena" (the rescue group named her that) was brought into rescue in November 2014 but no one has wanted her. She was even boarded for a lot of last year because they had so many rescue dobermans there who were adoptable and had to be available for potential adopters to see – and they figured that no one would want her.

My daughter is going to take me there on Tuesday. I’m going to try not to make comparisons with Queenie -- Lena seems to need a home where she can be an inside dog and get personal attention and I can give her that.

It’s probably crazy for me to take Lena in, when I’m still crying so much over Queenie (crying as I type this) – but having a dog to take care of will give me something to do and someone to love again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff