Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 05:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thanks, Flamingo! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone too!

Old 11-25-2015, 05:24 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,821,393 times
Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-25-2015, 07:56 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
From my home to yours!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. May everyone be healthy and safe with someone they love.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:44 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Hey youse guys (that's my attempt at a Brooklyn accent)

Have a very special, serene Thanksgiving. We all have a lot to be thankful for. This forum is one of them.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:23 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I hope you all in bad weather are doing okay!

Old 11-27-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I hope you all in bad weather are doing okay!

No problems here but Ketabcha's area has had bad rain again. I think I read that three people died up there. Be safe, Ketabcha!

Hope everyone had a good day and a good nap yesterday. I wasnt in the mood to eat turnkey so I gave it to Queenie for both lunch and dinner. She slept all night last night instead of waking me around 3:00 to be let out as she always does. I wonder if turkey has the same napping effect on dogs that it does on people.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:50 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Glad your are okay TFW! I can't keep track of where everyone lives.

I had soup for dinner, I have some leftovers from yesterday, went to kind-of friends, if that makes sense.. met them through late husband and that's where we always went on holidays. They've continued to invite me but only one or two really keep in touch except when it's holiday time - anyway, went and had a nice time.

There was a story on triptophan (sp?) and they said it's also in chicken, beef, etc. - it's a fallacy that turkey makes you fall asleep (it's prob. because folks pig out on so much else, LOL). - Anyway, your pup slept through

Old 11-27-2015, 07:51 PM

Glad you got out and had a good time, Flamingo. Wish everyone else would let us know how they celebrated the day. Bob, Ketabcha (have you dried out yet?). Camper (getting wet today) and everyone else...

One of my daughters came over to eat dinner with me. She's going through a rough time -- her spouse of almost 20 years told her he's moving out on December 1, She was quite taken aback and has been going through all the emotional phases you might expect. One daughter is a senior in college, one daughter is a freshman in college and the third is a sophomore in high school. My heart breaks for her and also for her wallet, as she's worked part-time for many years in order to spend most of her time raising the girls.

It's always tough when your kids are going through hard times. Oh, for the days when a bandaid and a kiss would take care of their booboos. Now the booboos are much bigger and harder to heal.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-27-2015 at 08:01 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 08:21 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
No problems here but Ketabcha's area has had bad rain again. I think I read that three people died up there. Be safe, Ketabcha!

Hope everyone had a good day and a good nap yesterday. I wasnt in the mood to eat turnkey so I gave it to Queenie for both lunch and dinner. She slept all night last night instead of waking me around 3:00 to be let out as she always does. I wonder if turkey has the same napping effect on dogs that it does on people.

It has once again been "bad" up here in the DFW area. I was in Dallas yesterday to have lunch with my mother. She lives in a "Memory Care" unit in a very nice assisted living establishment. She has been there for 7 years and loves it. I had an hour's drive ahead of me getting back home. I was watching the weather. We'd been warned that we were going to have rain and flooding through Monday. It had just started raining when I left for home and it was never heavy. Later that evening all hell broke out with very hard and constant rain. It's still raining. 4 people have died so far and we still have 3 more days of it. I'm on fairly high ground and I pity those folks near creeks and rivers.

And, once again I am so glad I'm retired because I don't have to get out in it. I'll spend most of the time reading and napping.

TFW, I bet turkey does have the same effect on dogs. Queenie must have been one very happy girl. Can you buy turkey in a can? Is there such a thing? You could mix a bit with her food and then you can sleep through the night. What sweeties both of you are.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:49 PM

Ketabcha, yes, there are all kinds of meats in cans. I give Queenie roast beef in a can along with canned cat food. The canned roast beef is supposedly for people but I cant imagine anyone eating it -- the gravy is a gelatinous substance and it's very unappetizing to look at. But Queenie loves it. It's a brand name (cant remember right now) and costs $5 for a small can, so I try to give it to her in small amounts.

I've tried canned chicken and canned tuna and canned turkey -- but she doesnt like any of those. She just likes the real stuff -- and, of course, the disgusting-looking canned roast beef.

Stay safe this weekend, Ketabcha. I hope Camper is dry at home and not out camping, as the radar shows her area getting drenched too. By the time the rain gets to my area, it wont be wet any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff