Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 08:43 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

Camper and Ketabcha, we're all supposedly in for a bad storm next Monday and Tuesday. Camper, I hope you'll be home and not out camping. And poor Ketabcha, you've really gotten more than your share of rain. I need it, though -- and this time it looks like I'll get it.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Yes. They are predicting some powerful storms in these parts on Monday and Tuesday. The last batch missed me. The weather people are afraid of this storm....so am I. There's nothing any of us can do about it. Que sera sera. Don't worry I wont try to sing it to y'all.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:33 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,653,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Lol! Guess what I'm doing this weekend?!

Been married 27 years today!!!!!
That's fabulous, congrats!
So you were wed in 1988? We were too! (In May, on my parents' anniversary.)
Sounds like you're having a grand adventure -- wish we were with you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm so glad you were able to salvage the camping trip, Camp.

Yesterday I drove to Dallas to visit with a friend who was having six hours of chemo in the hospital that day. I was so surprised at the water still on the ground in these parts. Yesterday morning we had thick fog and again this morning, too. That rarely happens around here. More rain is coming in.

I know it won't happen but it sure would be nice if heavy rains would spread out during the drought. Oh well, it's a thought, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Camper and Ketabcha, we're all supposedly in for a bad storm next Monday and Tuesday. Camper, I hope you'll be home and not out camping. And poor Ketabcha, you've really gotten more than your share of rain. I need it, though -- and this time it looks like I'll get it.
I can't help but worry about you guys. I lived in TX back in the early '80s, and I remember how it can get there.
It's very windy here in St Pete tonight. Finally, it's getting down to the 70s at night & it was only 84 today, so maybe we're getting away from the summer heat at LAST.

Stay safe & dry, friends!

Old 11-17-2015, 03:53 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Hi, all, hoping all are well!! I survived a visit from estranged brother, his GF and mom, LOL. I forced myself on Sunday to go to a meetup at a local bar/restaurant to watch football. I'm glad I went!! There were only a handful of people as it was pretty last minute but I found them all to be very friendly, didn't make me feel "old", etc. - I joined this happy hour group but they mostly meet evenings (naturally) and most places are in Old Town, which I don't mind but I am still scared about going back to a parking garage alone and now that it gets dark so soon, I also am scared to do the bus/free trolley thing (which I did Sunday) as evenings I would get off the bus to walk home along a good deal of deserted area (and there is low income housing nearby and sometimes people hanging out in the parking lots along there - Anyway, I'm trying to do something occasionally as it gets old just being home all the time.

Raked leaves AGAIN yesterday as it was supposed to be leaf collection day but they didn't show (and this is the LAST time I'm raking this year, I bagged about 2 dozen lawn & leaf bags full, the "family" visit, they raked for me and got another 8). Hoping the young guy who was so nice about shoveling for me last winter still lives in the neighborhood (have a feeling a may not, he was renting). Keeping fingers crossed for a mild winter.

Post some updates folks!!

Old 11-17-2015, 04:50 PM

So glad the meetup went well, Flamingo! I agree about walking back to a parking garage alone, especially in the dark -- and also waling home from the bus stop in the dark. You're braver than I am. But it's good to get out and meet people and I'm so happy for you. I thought about joining some meetup groups but I'm just too shy.

Weather was bad in the eastern half of my state today -- but my area got only a sprinkle. The rain brought in a cool front. Temp is 57 right now (almost 6:00 PM) -- so much nicer than temps in the 80s in mid-November.

My daughter, who lives about 150 miles away, came down and spent the night last night. It was a sad trip. She took her 14-year-old dog to the same emergency clinic that Queenie was at last Fall. Sadly, her dog couldnt be saved -- she had a hemoangiosarcoma, a tumor on her spleen, and has to be put to sleep last night. My daughter is like I am about her dogs -- they are her best friends -- so she came by here to have some company and ended up staying the night. I hadnt seen her in a year so, even though it was sad, it was nice too.

Nothing else going on with me. What about the rest of you?

Old 11-17-2015, 04:52 PM

Starr, I hate the hot temps this late in the year. I thought your area was warmer than mine but our temps have been in the 80s too -- at least before this cool front, which should last a few days.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:39 PM

I want to keep our warmer temps. but not to be sadly - I'm pretty outgoing TFW, but also like familiar surroundings, if that makes sense? - just talked to a friend in PA and they might have snow flurries Sat. night!! Brrrrr - Glad you didn't have terrible weather and so sorry about the furry friend - I can't bring myself to have another pet for that reason (I want them to be around as long as I am)

Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Hi, all, hoping all are well!! I survived a visit from estranged brother, his GF and mom, LOL. I forced myself on Sunday to go to a meetup at a local bar/restaurant to watch football. I'm glad I went!! There were only a handful of people as it was pretty last minute but I found them all to be very friendly, didn't make me feel "old", etc. - I joined this happy hour group but they mostly meet evenings (naturally) and most places are in Old Town, which I don't mind but I am still scared about going back to a parking garage alone and now that it gets dark so soon, I also am scared to do the bus/free trolley thing (which I did Sunday) as evenings I would get off the bus to walk home along a good deal of deserted area (and there is low income housing nearby and sometimes people hanging out in the parking lots along there - Anyway, I'm trying to do something occasionally as it gets old just being home all the time.

Raked leaves AGAIN yesterday as it was supposed to be leaf collection day but they didn't show (and this is the LAST time I'm raking this year, I bagged about 2 dozen lawn & leaf bags full, the "family" visit, they raked for me and got another 8). Hoping the young guy who was so nice about shoveling for me last winter still lives in the neighborhood (have a feeling a may not, he was renting). Keeping fingers crossed for a mild winter.

Post some updates folks!!
How brave you are!! I'm so glad you went and had a good time.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:37 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
So glad the meetup went well, Flamingo! I agree about walking back to a parking garage alone, especially in the dark -- and also waling home from the bus stop in the dark. You're braver than I am. But it's good to get out and meet people and I'm so happy for you. I thought about joining some meetup groups but I'm just too shy.

Weather was bad in the eastern half of my state today -- but my area got only a sprinkle. The rain brought in a cool front. Temp is 57 right now (almost 6:00 PM) -- so much nicer than temps in the 80s in mid-November.

My daughter, who lives about 150 miles away, came down and spent the night last night. It was a sad trip. She took her 14-year-old dog to the same emergency clinic that Queenie was at last Fall. Sadly, her dog couldnt be saved -- she had a hemoangiosarcoma, a tumor on her spleen, and has to be put to sleep last night. My daughter is like I am about her dogs -- they are her best friends -- so she came by here to have some company and ended up staying the night. I hadnt seen her in a year so, even though it was sad, it was nice too.

Nothing else going on with me. What about the rest of you?
I'm so sorry about your daughters dog. Please pass on my condolences. I worry so much about my poor Bruiser. His eyes are getting so bad and he has trouble breathing with all the pollen thats around right now.

Again my apologies for being so absent all the time. I do peek in every now and then just don't take time to post.

Had a beautiful time camping last week with out group. Got rained on, had lots of fires and enjoyed the cooler temps.

This will be the first year in 15 years that we will not be camping over Thanksgiving. With all the flooding here recently the park has flooded and won't be open again until next year sometime. Oh well, it will be fun to be home. get the tree up and some decorations put out.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:26 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff