Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2013, 07:33 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone. Thanks so much for asking (and caring). I had to have an ultrasound (second one that week) in the hospital to check on the size of a DVT (blood clot) in my calf. I've been getting daily shots and oral meds and the ultrasound showed that the clot is being absorbed. It still hurts like heck and I'm staying in bed with my foot elevated.

I need to have fusion surgery on the entire mid-section of my left foot, just like I had on my right foot 3 years ago. But I'm trying to wait until Queenie passes. I was bed/wheelchair-bound for about 6 months then and Queenie stayed with my daughter but I dont want to do that to her again. Anyway, my left foot hurts a lot, off and on, and I guess I've been staying in bed too much for the past few months. That's what caused the clot. I cant remember whatall the docs said because I was in so much pain that I wasnt concentrating on their comments.

Ketabcha, you've been on my mind. I've been hearing about the power outages up your way. It must be terrible for the power to go out when it's so cold.

And, msev, I know it's cold where you are. My daughter is there too. I used to live in Denver but I was so young in those days and could handle the cold easily. Not any more.

The original prediction was for a hard freeze next Tuesday. That's now been changed to say that temps will be in the 30s all week long. Probably doesnt sound like much to msev and Bob.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
I'm SO happy to hear that clot is being absorbed, TFW. Good news, indeed.

A weather alert just came through on the computer. Driving will be dangerous through Tuesday her. Heavy fog tonight that will contain sleet and freezing rain.

I am go glad I'm retired. I'm also glad I am stocked up with food. I also have lots of coffee, hot chocolate and sleepy-time tea.

FTW, you and Camper be glad that this mess did not make it down to you. It's awful. We don't get it all that often but we were prepared as possible for it this go around.

Bob and msev, I hope you guys are warm and comfy. Take good care.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
I hear ya Ketabcha. Even thought I think we'd be ok here. I have enough camping supply's to take care of the entire neighborhood, I hate to think of those that wouldn't be.

TFW, great news about your clot! I remember when you went through the surgery a few years back. I understand what your saying about Queenie but I really thinks she would understand if you have to take care of yourself. She's had a great life with you.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:59 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,760 times
I'm really glad about your good news, TFW.

Stay safe, everyone.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Good morning, my friends. It is hard for me even to type this, because it makes me want to cry. But I want to ask everyone I know to join me in this.
On this sad anniversary of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, I will repeat what I did last year: in honor of those small lives lost, my Christmas tree will stay dark.
I cannot celebrate when I know how much those families mourn.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:47 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I dont put up a Christmas tree anymore, Starr, but I always put up two ceramic decorations (one is a tree and the other is a gingerbread house) that light up. I'll leave them unplugged this year.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:25 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
Going snowboarding tomorrow

Old 12-15-2013, 11:31 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Going snowboarding tomorrow
I'd say "break a leg" but I don't think that is appropriate in this situation. Have fun.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:46 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'd say "break a leg" but I don't think that is appropriate in this situation. Have fun.

I did not break a leg or any body part but my body especially my butt hurts. Snow was hard packed in Monarch, CO. Had lots of fun though

Old 12-16-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I don't put up a Christmas tree anymore, Starr, but I always put up two ceramic decorations (one is a tree and the other is a gingerbread house) that light up. I'll leave them unplugged this year.
I think that's kind of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
I did not break a leg or any body part but my body especially my butt hurts. Snow was hard packed in Monarch, CO. Had lots of fun though
Glad you had fun!

It was 46 when I woke at 8 a.m., and now at 4 p.m., it's 65 degrees. So I don't have my windows open today, the way I like to. But it's a bright sunny day here in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff