Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 10:43 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the votes, everyone.

Flamingo, how lucky you were to find boots in those sizes. After my foot fusion surgery my right foot was a 1/2 size larger than my left and I had to wear two different-sized shoes for a year.

Arghh -- weather changes dont usually bother me but my sinuses are raging today. It's a good day to stay in bed with hot tea (and maybe some flavored coffee).

Edited to add: Now that I think about it, maybe it's not the weather change that's bothering me. I sprayed some gunk all over my overhead garage door track to keep it moving smoothly a few days ago. The smell was overwhelming. Maybe that's what's gotten my sinuses so upset.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
I'm sitting here waiting for the sleet and freezing rain to start. This storm was as mean as a rabid skunk in Arizona according to news reports.

Meanwhile I'm stuffing my face with bagels and cream cheese while drinking cucumber sparkling water and thanking whatever Gods may be that I am retired and won't have to venture out of the house tomorrow while fellow Texans try to drive on ice.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:30 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I heard there was some rough weather in TX (and it's BRRRRRRRRR cold here - hating it

Old 11-24-2013, 03:44 PM

Flamingo, my sister lives in Springfield VA and says the same thing.

Ketabcha, you have the right idea about eating away the cold. I always feel a little guilty about being retired and not having to drive/commute in bad weather. But then I remember how I did it for 42 years (and in Denver and Taunton/Boston too) and I dont feel quite so bad anymore. When I was in Denver, I was too young (21, and stupid) to be uncomfortable but, OMG, Taunton was c-o-l-d in the winter.

Camper, I trust you're not camping this weekend.

Queenie wants to go out to the schoolyard and run today. (She keeps going to the garage door and whining.) We went out there yesterday, when it was 10 degrees warmer than today, and it was still miserable. I tried to get her to wear her sheepskin coat to go out and she wont -- so we're staying put.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:54 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

Ketabcha, you have the right idea about eating away the cold. I always feel a little guilty about being retired and not having to drive/commute in bad weather. But then I remember how I did it for 42 years (and in Denver and Taunton/Boston too) and I dont feel quite so bad anymore. When I was in Denver, I was too young (21, and stupid) to be uncomfortable but, OMG, Taunton was c-o-l-d in the winter.

Queenie wants to go out to the schoolyard and run today. (She keeps going to the garage door and whining.) We went out there yesterday, when it was 10 degrees warmer than today, and it was still miserable. I tried to get her to wear her sheepskin coat to go out and she wont -- so we're staying put.
No, but we wish we were!!! We're going Thursday right after dinner is packed away and the dishes are done. Bought a new new out door heater for each other for Christmas and we're going to test it this trip!!!!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:20 PM

O, Camper, there's no hope for you.

Actually, it's supposed to be warmer and sunny on Thanksgiving (at least in our area). Enjoy!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

Wouldn't that be funny if I have met your sister? We haven't gotten to ease into Winter... it can be 60's-70's one day and then boom... cold/frigid.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:22 AM

Flamingo, my sister used to live in Alexandria so you might know her. Her first name is Eileen.

Camper, the revised weather forecast here for Thanksgiving and a couple of days afterward is for freezing temps at night but a little warmer during the day. Hope it doesnt get that cold where you're camping.

Ketabcha, I've been reading about the bad weather in the Dallas area. Stay warm.

And, Bob, I hope you're feeling better.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:26 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,821,393 times
Doing much better TFW.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Dallas/Ft. Worth dodged the weather bullet. Since I live between the two I also dodged the bullet. This happens in these parts quite often. My favorite weatherman said yesterday that one degree tends to make a difference in the DFW area.

It looks like it will be cold and clear on Thanksgiving and that is great. Folks won't be in danger on the roads and that includes me since I'm going to my sister's that day. It's a 50 minute drive but the roads are good....George Bush Tollway all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff