Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2015, 10:05 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

It started drizzling here again. This stuff is coming from the north, accompanying a cool front and you can see the rain falling from that direction. The coolness felt so good that I opened the patio door and just left the screen door closed (I always put a footstool in front of the screen door at those times because the screen is so transparent that both Queenie and I have walked into it). So I wonder where the hurricane fallout has gone.

No wind here so nothing to clean up on my patio. Queenie is really wishing she'd gone out at 3:00 AM today when the drizzle had ceased for a while.

Poor Bruiser. It's hard on pets when routines and furnishings change so much -- at least until either they get used to it or things go back to normal. Cats are even worse than dogs about that. I remember, when my girls were young teenagers and we had cats as well as dogs, the cats would freak out whenever I got a new sofa or table.

One time we got new end tables that had doors on them and one cat disappeared for a few days. We looked all over for her -- the cats were never allowed to go outside so we knew she had to be somewhere in the house. We finally found her inside one of the end tables. She had never meowed in all that time. We never figured out how she got in there, but the really big mystery was how she managed to go all that time without pooping or peeing at all.

Queenie is funny about stuff like that too. If I dont go close the patio door immediately after she comes back into the house from the backyard, she'll bark at me until I do. Too, she eats lying down on a large rug -- and, if I dont remove the food bowl right away after she's done, she scootches as far away from it as she can and then barks at me to remove it.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:13 AM

OK, Camper, Ketabcha and I have discussed out weather -- what about the rest of you?

Bob, I hate to say this but I read that your area is due for another snowy winter. Stay safe (and warm).

Starr, Flamingo and lindarby, what about youall? And anyone else whom I missed?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:06 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I'm trying to catch up - glad you all are safe!!!! I went to PA (not "my end" but late hubby's) for the reunion they do now and kindly keep inviting me. His best friend from school days and his wife (who I have been talking to by phone for all these yrs.) - all keep asking me to them (I missed last yr., was in NC) - the friends are the kindest people but a totally different lifestyle, which they seem to be fine with. I stayed there Fri. and Sat. night, the get together was Sat. night. They don't turn on the TV unless it's some movie they've seen.... I actually had to ask if we could watch some news (worried about the possible flooding, etc.)

Get together was very nice, they all made me feel so welcome - The friends I stayed w/have a dog (they aren't sure what she is: maybe some Lab, Pit, who knows? - she of course barked initially, she is a barker and has issues w/any noise, even if it's turning the page in a newspaper! LOL - but she took to me right away (laid by me on the sofa, wanted scratches, etc.) - I am an animal person, I think they can sense that.

When I left, I stopped at Boscov's (which is a Dept. Store for those that don't have it, we don't here) - the sales flyer showed that they had NFL sports apparel (and specifically stated Steelers, Eagles, etc.) - so I stopped in on my way home. No luck - I ask where and am told "Eagles/Penn State is over there" - I joking said "do I look like I want Eagles? (I was wearing a Steeler jersey, LOL~

I didn't mean to write a book but I was wondering about my TX pals and didn't have any news since I left Fri. a.m.!

Bottom line: glad you are all safe and thank you for thinking of me! Hugs~~~

Old 10-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Poor Queenie – with all this rain, she wont go outside. She’s sure she’ll melt in the drizzle. It’s been about 36 hours since she was willing to go out in the back yard. As you can imagine, she’s crossing her back legs until the rain lets up.

I know her face is white but I dont think she looks bad for a dog who's almost 15, who has Congestive Heart Failure, who died last year (and came back from beyond) and who takes 22 pills a day.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:23 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Poor Queenie – with all this rain, she wont go outside. She’s sure she’ll melt in the drizzle. It’s been about 36 hours since she was willing to go out in the back yard. As you can imagine, she’s crossing her back legs until the rain lets up.

I know her face is white but I dont think she looks bad for a dog who's almost 15, who has Congestive Heart Failure, who died last year (and came back from beyond) and who takes 22 pills a day.
I think she's beautiful!!!

I wish she'd go out and go potty though.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:23 PM

Thanks for catching us up, dear Flamingo! I'm so glad you went to that reunion -- they must really love you to keep inviting you. And I'm sure the dog loves you not just because you're an animal person but also because you have a good aura.

Camper, I'd love to see photos of your remodel if you dont mind sharing.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I think she's beautiful!!!
I wish she'd go out and go potty though.

LOL -- me too, on both counts.

And you can see how much she loves having her photo taken.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:25 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Well, my baby girl went and got herself engaged!!! They've only been dating 7 years. Hope it's not that long of an engagement...I'm getting old.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Well, my baby girl went and got herself engaged!!! They've only been dating 7 years. Hope it's not that long of an engagement...I'm getting old.

Awesome! Congrats to her and you!

Old 10-26-2015, 06:04 AM

My adult daughter lives in another part of town. She got a lot more rain than I did and water came into her house from one side. She had to go to Lowe’s and buy 800 pounds of sand to do a temporary fix.

She was so frustrated that she decided to go blonde. (I guess it’s something to relieve her stress.) In the middle of the bleaching session her electricity went out because of the rain and was out for 6+ hours.

She's a hairdresser and, whenever she bleaches someone's hair, she "cooks" it (I dont know what that means, but she uses electricity to do it) to speed up the process and make the end result look a lot better.

She posted two very funny videos about it on social media. Then she posted a photo on that same social media. I don’t know how to copy and paste videos but here’s the photo. She has a good sense of humor to post something like this where everyone can see it.

Look quickly because I'm going to delete the photo in a while:

Last edited by TFW46; 10-26-2015 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Edited to add comment about deleting photo soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff