Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 04:53 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times

Advertisements

OK, here's the latest: I had a sonogram on my thyroid on Mon. around 11:15 a.m. (I've periodically gotten them as I have nodules and an enlarged thyroid, they used to always be: no change, a little smaller, etc. which the tech would tell me at the time) - this time, she only says "you'll be contacted by your Dr. for the results" - Well, the P.A. called that afternoon at 2:30 and tells me I have a new nodule and Dr. wants me to have an FNA (I've had them a couple times before, but not for yrs. and never had to go by myself before - anyway, even though she says they just want to "check" not to worry, I am of course. The Radiology place is supposed to call me to set something up.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
I googled FNA and found that it means Fine Needle Aspiration. So they insert a needle into your thyroid? O, Flamingo, I'm so sorry. Do they anesthetize the area in some way first? I know you're worried but I'll be praying for you. Please keep us updated on when you're scheduled for the FNA.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:17 AM

Yes, TFW, they insert a needle into the nodule(s) to withdraw cells to be examined. They clean off the area w/antiseptic beforehand - I've never had them numb the area first. It's not TERRIBLE but it does make me lightheaded after as you have your neck stretched up on this pillow and your head lower.

I'm sure I'm worrying more than usual because last week I had to have my cortisol levels checked by bloodwork (which can also be affected by thyroid...) plus, being widowed this time around.... (I'm good w/others having tests, but a wimp when it comes to me, LOL)

Old 12-16-2015, 11:32 AM

Oh, that sounds so uncomfortable, Flamingo. I'm not a wimp at all about needles -- in fact, I always watch when they give me shots and draw blood. But I cant imagine having someone stick a needle into the neck area, especially when the neck is darn back like that.

But I have a strong feeling that all will be ok with you, dear Flamingo.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:59 PM

Thanks TFW, I watch them draw blood as well, it doesn't bother me at all, it's mostly the positioning of this. They called today and I told them how although I would have the same ins., it was changing somehow next yr. (I still haven't gotten anything from them so don't know if the number will change or what) and that I planned to wait until after the 1st of Jan., might as well since I haven't met deductible and at least that will go toward next year.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:13 PM

I understand about deductibles. I've met mine for this year and need several doctor appts that I should have made for last month. But I get so tired of doctors. So I'll wait until next year. In the meatime, I'm still praying for you.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:48 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
Howdy everyone! Everytime i think I'm going to get better about spending more time here, I get worse and never seem to come at all.

Flamingo, I wish I was there to hold your hand. and I can understand your frustration about the changing of insurance. In so many ways your life reminds me of my mom and her life. Please know that we all will be with you in spirt for Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone. You don't know how bad I wish we all lived closer. What a great Christmas party we could have!

Old 12-19-2015, 02:49 PM

Thanks Camper, I don't even actually know if my insurance numbers change or anything, it's the same company but I had to choose again (on the ACA), lower premium , thank you for thinking of me (I hope my life doesn't sound too horrible, LOL) - you'd think I would have gotten some kind of info. by now.. (and we won't even go into Dental, that's totally screwed up - even though dental doesn't really cover much at all).

Merry Christmas everyone! A party would be great!

Old 12-21-2015, 10:27 PM

I, too, wish we could celebrate Christmas (or anything) together! What a great time we all could have!!

My younger daughter is driving in on Christmas Eve and spending the night. And my older daughter is coming over on Christmas Day. It will be the first time in over 25 years that the two of them have been in the same house (thank you, St Jude). Each daughter is bringing one dog -- I had to limit them to one dog each because my house is so small -- so Queenie will have a Christmas party too.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:24 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,007,468 times
That sounds like fun TFW!! Wish we could just hear the audio of all the dogs.

I miss my family at Christmas the most even thought it had been many years since we had all been together. Remember, hug 'em while you can.

This is the first year we will have to share my daughter. Hubby not only works Christmas Eve late but he's on call Christmas day. Grrr. What can you do. We're just grateful he has a job these days. He will be here when he can and we will wait for him if he's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff