Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 11:51 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times

Advertisements

Savannah was in the kitchen this morning when I walked in. She'd been eating. She took off PDQ but stopped in the living room to look at me on her way through. I talked to her as long as I could. Then she took off again when I turned away for a sip of coffee. She is such a pretty little thing.

So, we are progressing. I'm relieved about that. Yes, she is exploring at night. I can tell she had been in the dining room and on the table because it needed dusting in a big way....I saw her paw prints in the dust-lol.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:55 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Savannah was in the kitchen this morning when I walked in. She'd been eating. She took off PDQ but stopped in the living room to look at me on her way through. I talked to her as long as I could. Then she took off again when I turned away for a sip of coffee. She is such a pretty little thing.

So, we are progressing. I'm relieved about that. Yes, she is exploring at night. I can tell she had been in the dining room and on the table because it needed dusting in a big way....I saw her paw prints in the dust-lol.
Good News!

Old 03-14-2017, 01:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
YAY! Great news, Ketabcha! Thanks so much for letting us know -- and please contninue to keep us updated!

Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
It seems like evey time I say I'm going to get better about checking in I get distracted and spend less time here.

We've been busy here getting the RV cover and shed built and playing in the new motorhome. With this cold snap we've been getting in some good trips. My little girl graduates in May from Texas Tech with her Masters degree so we will be Lubbock bound for a few days! Yipie!!! Any one ever been to good old Lubbock?!! Oh well, it's a huge step for her and we arw so proud. It's been 3 years of night classes on line while working a fulltime job. It will be an adventure for sure.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:15 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I appreciate you posting updates! Same 'ole here. It looks like the weather is getting better this weekend, YAY! I know it's only March but I'm finding that I REALLY want spring after the unusually warm Feb. we had (but then March went downhill). Still doing my searching throughout the yard for the garbage the contractors left (my late father when be appalled at the work, he was a carpenter/contractor/could do everything - he'd built the house I grew up in. Anyway, not trying to be a complainer, folks now don't have any pride in their work (or skill sometimes, LOL) - trying to get better about cleaning, organizing, living alone, etc. - hoping you all are well!

Old 03-25-2017, 09:02 AM

How are you healing up, Flamingo?

Old 03-25-2017, 03:21 PM

Thank you for asking TFW! You are so sweet! (wouldn't let me rep you). It's coming along (I still have that weird spot that I'm thinking has something to do w/where they went in, dissolving stitches that didn't dissolve... no clue and I'm not going back since insurance changed and it's more expensive) - my plan is: try to do more walking, massage it (she said that breaks up scar tissue). I've been able to wear diff. shoes so I'm hoping that helps! It was a beautiful day today so I got myself together, ran 2 errands, came back and raked and bagged more leaves (talked to the neighbor who's sister was visiting from just up the hill) - we can't figure out how so many leaves are ALWAYS clustering around, LOL.

How are you are and Lulu doing?

Old 03-26-2017, 03:51 PM

Good to know, Flamingo. Recovery usually takes longer than we think it will but at least you can see improvement.

Lulu is doing great. You'd never know that she's at least 9 years old. She acts more like a 1-2 year old.

I've been having a lot of trouble with AT&T for the past 6 weeks. Although I dont have any AT&T service, I do have an AT&T utility post in my back yard and AT&T has had to dig up my entire yard to put in a new line (the city apparently damaged it when putting in new water pipes a few years ago).

There have been all kinds of contract guys digging 6'-deep holes all over my yard. Some of them dont speak English -- they speak Arabic or Turkish or something like that and have no ID at all. I had to fight with them just to cover the holes when they left every day. I finally got them to do that by calling their supervisor and saying I have young grandchildren living in my house (yes, I lied but they wouldnt havent cared about an old dog's falling into those holes).

And now I've been fighting with them to put my yard back the way it was -- they tore out grass, they tore out lots of 7'-tall red-tip-photinia hedges and they also pulled out lots of pavers that were mortared to make an edge between the grass and the hedges.

So I'm not in the best of moods these days.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:47 PM

I hope you've been taking pictures and documenting it all. They should be responsible for restoring your yard to how it was before.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:32 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I changed my new cat's name from Savannah to Tovah (Hebrew for "good"). She is a good little kitty but is still relying on hidey holes in the house. I know where they all are now. I'm letting her acclimate at her own pace and she eats, drinks and uses the litter box. Good kitty. She did climb up on the bed with me a couple of times last week. When I say "climb" I really mean climb. I have carpeted steps up to the bed. I had them made a few years back when one of my cats had trouble jumping on the bed.

She doesn't exactly follow me around but I have noticed that she tends to show up in whatever room I've been in for a while. That's good. She has also made "window" friends with an orange cat who has lived in my back yard for about 6 months. He was born there, I think. I named him "Jam." I feed and water him and I bought a little outside cat house for him. Yeah, it's electric. He comes and goes as he pleases but he is always outside and never inside. This morning I saw Tovah in the window and Jam was on the other side of the window. They seemed to be chatting. That tickled me.

I've been driving to and from Dallas everyday beginning last Monday( 1.5 hours each way). Mother fell out of bed in the memory care unit of an assisted living center. She was bruised up and didn't know her name, etc. So she was in the hospital from last Monday through Friday. On Friday she was transferred to a rehab center. My sister, brother-in-law and I like the place. She's doing better but still cannot walk. She usually knows her name and DOB. She doesn't recall my name nor my sister's. I have a lot of hope that she will recover. Until then I will be hitting the road to Dallas every day. I'm grateful that I can do it. My sis lives about 15 minutes from the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff