Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 11:26 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Poor Bob. I wont tell you that it's going to be in the 80s this week. Low temps in the 60s.
LOl!!! Good thing your not telling him.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Hey, Camper! Things are going great here. Lulu is as different from Queenie as is possible, but she makes me smile and is healing my broken heart.

I wont take her to the fenced-in schoolyard for a couple of weeks. I got spoiled by Queenie in that I didnt ever have to close any of the gates at the schoolyard -- Queenie would run/walk right past the 12-foot-wide open gates with never a thought about going out any of them. I doubt Lulu would be so trustworthy and I'm not really up to walking the length of 4-5 football fields to close all the gates yet. But Lulu is having a really great time learning the ropes here at home and she doesnt seem to miss going out at all.
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. It broke my heart to have you hurting so.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. It broke my heart to have you hurting so.

Thanks so much, Camper. I'm still hurting and will be for a long time. But Lulu is a neat dog and deserves to be loved too.

I just cant believe that she was deemed unadoptable. She fit into my house as though she's been here for years. She follows me around the house and rests on one of the 3 dog beds (in my bedroom, the computer room and the living room) wherever I am. She's going to be a good companion.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:38 AM

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Thanks for being my friends.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:19 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
TY Camper, glad for the "drive-by" by Starr , that things are going well for TFW

Wanted to share though (I think we're "friends") - my friend/neighbor passed away yesterday (he was literally a father figure to me as well as us being friends) - he dealt w/his wife's Alzheimer's, then the massive strokes, she passed in Dec. - he was diagnosed last week! w/liver cancer, went into the hospital Mon., family met w/Oncologist Fri. and he went on Sun.!! I was just so stunned (and heartbroken) when his son called to tell me. The "kids" (my ageish) must be reeling. I realize he was 80 but he was really my friend! (he was going to take me for my FNA of thyroid, always got my papers, watched the house, etc.) - and vice versa.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:36 PM

Happy Belated Valentine's Day to everyone!

Flamingo, I'm so very sorry about your friend.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
TY Camper, glad for the "drive-by" by Starr , that things are going well for TFW

Wanted to share though (I think we're "friends") - my friend/neighbor passed away yesterday (he was literally a father figure to me as well as us being friends) - he dealt w/his wife's Alzheimer's, then the massive strokes, she passed in Dec. - he was diagnosed last week! w/liver cancer, went into the hospital Mon., family met w/Oncologist Fri. and he went on Sun.!! I was just so stunned (and heartbroken) when his son called to tell me. The "kids" (my ageish) must be reeling. I realize he was 80 but he was really my friend! (he was going to take me for my FNA of thyroid, always got my papers, watched the house, etc.) - and vice versa.
Oh Flamingo, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I have lost both of my parents to cancer and I have to say if that's the way I have to go let it be quick like that.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:42 AM

Well dang it!!!! Grrrrrr!!! I knew we should have replaced the washer when we did the floor. Replaced just about everything else. Was doing laundry yesterday and went into the room to change loads and walked into water!!!! Have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. Managed to get it all wiped up even under the washer dryer and freezer. Took an old yard stick and stuffed towels under until they came out dry.

New one comes a week from today. Didn't get the new expensive one but it's still an HE model. Anyone have one and do they use the pods? I just started using them and I love them! The new one has a little pull out drawer for soap and softer but says I can just throw in a pod.

Any advice is welcome.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:46 PM

So sorry about your floor, Camper. Thanks goodness you got it all wiped up.

I dont use pods in my front-loading HE washer but I know people who do and they work fine. And, yes, all you do is throw the pod into the machine with the clothes. But you might want to make sure that whatever pods you buy are approved for HE machines.

If you dont use the pods, be sure to use as little laundry soap as necessary. I use liquid soap and the amount I use is very, very small. Otherwise, HE washers dont use enough water to wash out the soap residue.

My other recommendation is to leave the door open when not in use if you have a front loader. It helps the rubber gasket dry out, preventing mold and the yukky smell. And, once a month or so, I use the washer-cleaning agent AFFRESH in my washer.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:01 AM

I stayed old school and got a top loading washer. Figured I didn't want to make my dryer jealous and I love my dryer. It does have a glass top however, so next time there's nothing on TV we can go watch the washer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff