Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Camper! Her tongue usually hangs out 3 times as much as that. There's a cute photo of her sleeping on the couch with at least 6-7 inches of tongue hanging out -- but I posted it once in this thread and C-D wont let a photo be posted more than once.

Glad Baxter did so well. None of the dogs I've bought have had thunder- or firecracker-phobia -- but all my rescues have had it. I'll bet Baxter will be doing a happy dance when he gets his cone off.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:07 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
As will my poor floors!! When he drinks the entire cone goes in the water bowl then it gets dripped everywhere. I have ti try and catch it when he drinks so I can wipe his face.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:02 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Just checking in to see how you all are doing and let you know I'm still around! Our terrible heat/humidity finally broke and we're having a beautiful day today

Old 07-07-2018, 05:46 PM

Glad the weather is nice there, Flamingo. Lots of rain in my city but none in my immediate area. The rain usually manages to get right up to my subdivision and then curve north or south. But the thunder is loud, even when it's 10+ miles away, so poor Lulu has to be sedated even when there's no rain.

Just read the past few posts to catch up on us.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:49 AM

Morning gang!!
All is good here. Got a little rain but the big news is Baxter got his cone off Friday!! Omg!! That's one happy dog. Bathed him and trimmed his hair and he looks soooo cute!! I love that dog so much.

First river trip coming up soon...

Old 07-10-2018, 04:39 PM

I've posted about how Lulu is terrified of thunderstorms and has to be medicated with Xanax (an anti-anxiety medication for humans) every time there's a storm brewing. Even if my immediate area gets no rain, the sound of thunder sends her into fits of terror.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday afternoon and, because there was a slight chance of rain, I gave her the Xanax before I left the house. While I was at the doctor's office, though, a really terrible storm hit. Fortunately, the doctor's office is only 2 miles form my house so I was able to get back home fairly quickly.

But not quickly enough. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw that all the rugs there had been destroyed and the doorframe had been chewed terribly. Keep in mind that poor Lulu has no front teeth, so she had to have gummed the heck out of everything. There were wood splinters all over the floor and there was blood all over the walls and the door, as she had damaged her gums with all the chewing. The doorframe is beyond repair and will have to be replaced totally.

The panel for the security alarm is right next to the doorframe and it's a wonder that she didnt set off the alarm.

I couldnt be upset with her as it was obvious that she was terrorized out of her mind. She's lived with me for 2.5 years now and I've always managed to be home when storms hit. She gets so anxious, trying to climb on furniture and get into the garage (which is the doorframe on which she chewed) -- but the Xanax calms her down. However, it's obvious that being alone when storms hit drives her nutso and the Xanax will have no effect on her at those times.

Apparently I'm going to have to make sure to be home any time rain is predicted from now on. I had another doctor appointment this afternoon and had to re-schedule because more rain was predicted for today. (Of course, the sun came out as soon as I called to re-schedule and the day was beautiful.)

Old 07-15-2018, 07:51 PM

Baxter has Cherry eye in both eyes!!! I've never even heard of it. I have to put steroid drops in three times a day ( which he hates!!) for a week or so then take him back and be prepared to leave him for surgery. This baby can't seem to win for loosing.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:16 PM

So sorry, Camper. When I taught dog obedience, I came across several dogs who had cherry eye.

It's when the third eyelid slips out of place. Although there can be several other causes, the most likely one, from what I remember, is that it's hereditary. It's more common in certain breeds. And, if it happens to one eye, it will almost always happen to the other eye soon after.

Good that you're going to have surgery to tuck/tack the third eyelids back in place. Sometimes it corrects itself but there's always a chance that it will slip out again. And, the longer the condition goes unaltered, the greater chance of damage to the dog's sight.

Poor Baxter. Please keep us updated on how it goes.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:26 PM

He hates the drops, poor little guy. I hate having to force it but it has to be done. He just looks so sad.But as soon as it's over he's his same old self. Talk about playing! OMG. He runs so fast everywhere then leaps off everything, all in the blink of an eye!! keeps us laughing all the time. I will keep you posted.

Hows it going at your daughters? Well I hope.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:27 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I had to look up to see what cherry eye was - I've seen that in some dogs. I didn't come across anything that said it was painful... I hope not! Best of luck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff